Graphics Card officially dead, need advice

sniper991122

Supreme [H]ardness
My x800 xt just bit the dust and I'm trying to get a pci-e replacement that is of the same quality or slightly better (not trying to spend too much right now)

I remembered there was this one thread that showed a line up of all the cards and which ones were equal and which ones were better, I thought it was Current Gen Buyer's Guide but that link isn't working for me.

So does anyone know where that list is or whats an equal upgrade? Trying to spend between $100-$200

Looking at that benchmark list and for the price, looks to be just about perfect :)

thanks for the advice

I think I'm definitely going with the 512mb but which one should I get and does it really matter? It seems the only real difference is the cooling systems on them, which would matter but I don't know which is better....

Sapphire - $200
PowerColor - $209
Gecube - $209

only name I really recognize is Sapphire but theres is cheaper

Only matters if you can only afford to lose one slot in which case obviously go for the Sapphire. I went for the GeCube variety myself because I was planning on buying an aftermarket cooling solution anyway and theirs looked pretty decent. With a base $199 for a 512MB 3850 + whatever I would have paid for another cooler it would have wound up considerably more expensive than $209. The GeCube is also factory oc'd to 725/900 right out of the box, dunno about the others.

i would not spend that much on a gfx card.. but thats just me.. ive bought a few 7950gt's for 120$ or less and 7900gt's for less than 90$ on the forums here.. also bought a x1900xt for 105$ on Anandtech.. seems like for double the price you should get more.. but thats just me..

I'm thinking the gecube looks the best because of the heatsink and fan on there... looks like it'd have a better cooling solution

Back