Graphics card blocks PCI-E 1x sloth have a

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by StupidDream, Sep 11, 2018.

1. StupidDream

StupidDream n00bie

I have an RX580 on a Gigabyte ga-h61m-d2s, Long story short the graphics card blocks the first PCI 1x slot. I would like to install two additional graphics cards for mining purposes while maintaining the 16 X connection for gaming purposes. Is there an adapter that would lift this up away from the board maybe turn it 90°? The only other alternative I had considered is a PCI a 1X riser adapter that is 90° angle old I think that might fit any ideas?

2. Araxie

Araxie [H]ardness Supreme

yeah riser are your best choice, look for high quality powered risers (never use unpowered risers when using several cards for mining)...

3. StupidDream

StupidDream n00bie

Yeah but do they make 16x to 16x risers? I can’t seem to find any. But I would like to be able to maintain 16 X on one card so that I can play video games on that card if I would like to. While still being able to mine

All of the mining specific risers I have found only have 1x bandwidth... This is fine for a card that is strictly doing mine in, but if you are intending to game on the card that is a different story

4. ChoGGi

ChoGGi [H]ard|Gawd

I've seen risers in small form factor cases, I doubt they're 1x.