Graphic Settings for 512megs Ram in WoW

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
I had 1gig of Ram but I built another computer for a friend, I had a new stick of Ram on Order and so my friend wouldn't have to wait I gave them one of mine till the new one came in. so now I have 512megs of Ram at least till Tuesday.
I had been running with everything Maxed at 1280x960, now the game is pretty much unplayable, especially when I am in Iron Forge, were talking about more than a minute to draw a single frame at times. I ended up n that damn channel about 5 times trying to get from the AH to flight point. I set the graphic setting to "default" and altho it is alot better I still dont see how people play the game that way.

I can't believe I went from 45-70 FPS to less than 1 frame per minute just by dropping from 1gig to 512megs!

lower the settings aka details.....you expect to play in lagforge with 512 ram

ha

thats funny

That can't be right by any means, a single frame a minute? I've played the game on a machine with 512mb through cedega. Granted that was with all the settings at the lowest. When run on windows I could easily play with a mid viewing distance and other settings turned up. I'd look into other hardware/system problems before I blamed the game.

If you are having problems why not just turn the settings down? Viewing distance is the setting that does the most differance, texture detail and all that comes nowhere close to it.

I was not really looking for help, As I knew the problem was that I just had the setting up to high, What I was really trying to do was to show how incredibly differant the performance differance was by going from 1gig to 512megs.
After I started the game with only the 512megs of ram I could not believe how bad my performance was, I really didn't think that the differance in Ram would make such a HUGE differance. I am hoping that players that oly have 512megs of Ram will see this and realize that they are really missing out by not haveing more ram, As I know that alot of players wonder how big a differance it makes!

I've got a gig and the only t9ime I've ever seen 1FPS performance was when I alt-tabbed out of WOW and pulled up some quest info site in a web browser. The site had like 3 of those "punch the monkey" things and when I went back into the game, it was virtually unplayable.

just like in BF2..... if ya have 1gig of ram or less and wants to use HIGH texture along with everything else maxed.. it'll do the same thing... upgrading to 1.5 gig of ram fixes this :p

1. 1024x768
2. Set all distances to medium
3. Kill all AA/AF
4. Set terain quality to lowest
5. Set texture quality to lowest

That should do it...Yeah...WoW will look like crap..but it will be playable.

-tReP

Are you suffering the 1 frame per minute problem at other areas besides Ironforge/Orgrimmar AH?

Back