Grand Theft Auto VI To Be Revealed Sept. 7, Eva Mendez To Voice Protagonist?

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
This definitely goes into the rumor section, but there are murmurs about the next GTA being unveiled as early as this week. It will supposedly take place in London and star a female protagonist.

The game developer is expected to finally make the reveal at Sony’s PlayStation Meeting this month. Sony’s PSM will take place on Sept. 7, with plenty of gaming industry players also expected to make appearances. However, speculation regarding the release of “Grand Theft Auto 6” came specifically from the Twitter post of Tidux, who has been recognised as an industry insider. His post is highly cryptic and does not give much away, except that Rockstar Games is likely to make an appearance at PSM. If GTA 6 does make an appearance at the event, then it is possible that the game will be released to the market sometime in the next year.

Finally making another London GTA, but yea I want RDR2 as well :)

You could have played maybe 5 minutes everday, or 35 mins a week for the past 3 years and beaten it. That's not an excuse.

It's only been out a year and a half on PC. I bought it 8 months ago. I played it a couple hours, haven't finished it yet either. I haven't owned any game consoles since Super Nintendo.

We never did get any story DLC for GTA5. Considering how long the PC port for that game took, I think I'd rather see a massive DLC using the base GTA5 game instead. Kind of like L&D and Gay Tony for GTA4.

You could have played maybe 5 minutes everday, or 35 mins a week for the past 3 years and beaten it. That's not an excuse.

But... OTHER GAMES.

And work.
And life.
And buying a house and doing some remodel work.
And OTHER GAMES

:D

Feck, I've baredly started GTA V.
What with Fallout 4, Witcher 3 + DLCs, Project Cars, Dark Sous III, the new Skyrim complete Mod, Elite Dangerous, Grid Autosport, Dirt Rally, Tomb Raider, ...
I need a clone.

Good, they need a new angle to make the story interesting. They've done, unsympathetic male sociopath to death... And Niko, the only GTA protagonist I actually felt slightly sorry for. Even an unsympathetic female sociopath would be a change.

I've beaten GTA V twice, once on Xbox 360 and once on PS4. By the time the PC version came out I was already done with GTA V.

They have other franchises they can continue though. Red dead, manhunt, bully, why not any of those?

Lets see where to start with my cynical snarkiness...

YAY! An announcement for the day that an announcement will be made!

YAY! Looks like everyone learned from Ghostbusters and is going for the feminist demographic!!! (Note: I really don't think this way, a woman is fine, kind of hope it's like GTA5 though with multiple points of view/characters)

YAY! At least a year of whining and bitching (some by me) about how they release it for the PS4 and the PC master race will have to wait over a year to get it.

YAY! Expect a rise in violent crime with the female demographic, because obviously a female character will influence other women!

YAY! Yet another year Red Dead Redemption doesn't come to PC.

It's just a game. If that is what makes someone happy while playing it, why should it matter to you?

As long as I can still procure the services of a prostitute, and beat them to death afterwards; I could honestly care less what sort of package the protagonist has between their legs (gotta keep it classy after all).

YAY! Looks like everyone learned from Ghostbusters and is going for the feminist demographic!!! (Note: I really don't think this way, a woman is fine, kind of hope it's like GTA5 though with multiple points of view/characters)

YAY! At least a year of whining and bitching (some by me) about how they release it for the PS4 and the PC master race will have to wait over a year to get it.

YAY! Expect a rise in violent crime with the female demographic, because obviously a female character will influence other women!

The issue with ghostbusters wasn't having women in it. It is horrible writing, and them trying force into you face that they are doing this with women, having a very stupid male assistant (far dumber than even you dumb blondes they have in movies), attacking the state puff man by shotting him in the balls... They could have made that movie much better by making a few small changes and still had if be female.

Believe me they'll will spin it so it reads mysogyny either way. If the lead is female, then they're portraying woman in a bad light. Or if not, then because women are just background decoration in it. There is no way to make them happy. They'll find a problem in everything. Or if that fails, make one up.

I as a gamer couldn't care less if it's male or female, if the game is well done, and the character is relatable. GTAs have a very bad track record with that. Apart from ballad of gay tony, every gta game since VC, had a protagonist that I didn't care if he died horribly.

The issue with ghostbusters wasn't having women in it. It is horrible writing, and them trying force into you face that they are doing this with women, having a very stupid male assistant (far dumber than even you dumb blondes they have in movies), attacking the state puff man by shotting him in the balls... They could have made that movie much better by making a few small changes and still had if be female.

...And the fact that they turned the only common-sense, every-man character (Winston) into a pattently offensive stereotype.

I have no problem with a female protag/anti-hero in the next GTA (sounds pretty cool, actually) as long as they don't treat the character and the surrounding characters as a sad "we can do it!" cliché.

It might be an expansion with new characters for GTAV? Like Ballad of Gay Tony / The Lost and Damned.

I thought that before GTA5 came out they made a comment about going back to more of a trilogy model like they did with 3/VC/SA. If they did that no expansions and a shorter production schedule would make sense.

I swear, if they have spent all this time post-GTA working on a new GTA and not a new Red Dead Redemption I'm going to be so disappointed :(, we hardly get any westerns let alone GOOD ones. I can literally count allt he good ones off, Sunset Riders, Outlaws, Desperados, Call of Juarez, RDR.

How about bringing red dead redemption to the PC before we even talk sequels?

I don't want to play a shooter on a console.

I swear, if they have spent all this time post-GTA working on a new GTA and not a new Red Dead Redemption I'm going to be so disappointed :(, we hardly get any westerns let alone GOOD ones. I can literally count allt he good ones off, Sunset Riders, Outlaws, Desperados, Call of Juarez, RDR.

Gun was quite good, in my opinion.

How about Red Dead Redemption 2?

It seems far more likely that they'll announce this than GTA 6. RDR2 has been in the works for awhile now and is rumored to be near finished. A GTA 6 announcement at this point would seem really early for a Rockstar game as it likely wouldn't be ready for release for at least another two years if the time between 4 and 5 was any indication. And they don't tend to announce things until they're very nearly done with them (well, not "done, done" but ready for release "done").

It seems far more likely that they'll announce this than GTA 6. RDR2 has been in the works for awhile now and is rumored to be near finished. A GTA 6 announcement at this point would seem really early for a Rockstar game as it likely wouldn't be ready for release for at least another two years if the time between 4 and 5 was any indication. And they don't tend to announce things until they're very nearly done with them (well, not "done, done" but ready for release "done").

GTA IV was released in 2008. GTA V was released in 2013. An announcement now would project a 2018 release date. Seems about right.

Well, call me what you will, but there is no way in hell im buying this game.
Weird thing is, i liked playing Tomb Raider because the story kept me going, but with GTA, i really enjoy being the character, and i can actually relate to a lot of what is going on, but a woman? Not a chance. Should at least have two protagonist, with some separate quest and endings. Oh well, i guess I'm skipping GTA VI, sad. I was excited.

Well, call me what you will, but there is no way in hell im buying this game.
Weird thing is, i liked playing Tomb Raider because the story kept me going, but with GTA, i really enjoy being the character, and i can actually relate to a lot of what is going on, but a woman? Not a chance. Should at least have two protagonist, with some separate quest and endings. Oh well, i guess I'm skipping GTA VI, sad. I was excited.
Yes because a psychopathic killer, a back stabbing bank robber, and a stereotypical small time crook, are so relatable characters.

Yes because a psychopathic killer, a back stabbing bank robber, and a stereotypical small time crook, are so relatable characters.

Think he forgot that you never go full retard.

Well, lets see, father of two... check. Boy and girl... check. had marital problems... check. Feel like i have to solve everyone's problems... check. I would say i can relate. The criminal aspect, thats the stress reliever.

Well, lets see, father of two... check. Boy and girl... check. had marital problems... check. Feel like i have to solve everyone's problems... check. I would say i can relate. The criminal aspect, thats the stress reliever.
Except you don't choose your character in GTAV you have to play all of them. But I agree that Micheal is the least of the three evils, still that doesn't make him a role model that I want to identify with.

So in your head being female is worse than being a psychotic killer?

GTA IV was released in 2008. GTA V was released in 2013. An announcement now would project a 2018 release date. Seems about right.

Wow. They did announce GTA V about 2 years before release. That would make sense then. I still see them announcing RDR2 first though (and I'd frankly be a lot more excited about that) since it's been in the rumor mill for some time now. But they'll probably never do an RDR sequel on the PC which sucks.

But if the setting for GTA 6 is the rumored Tokyo-esque city I could totally be on board with that.

Back