Grand Theft Auto V

One of the things I enjoyed most about GTAIV was the soundtrack. It brought NYC to life and was just so well done across the board. Once that mod hits, I'll have to figure out a way to port the sound files from GTAIV over, too.

GTA V Roleplay on Twitch. Wonder how the ban on the OpenIV closure will affect it.
They didn't ban it, Take-Two sent a C&D to the mod creator's workplace, so he took it down. It's always been an offline mod, so it still works fine 'least till there's an update for GTAV that breaks it.

That's interesting because the content creators are saying that they are stuck using the default tools now to create Machinima. So they can still do everything like before, but are "barred" from using new assets that might be introduced in upcoming patches? That's why I was wondering how were private server stuff like in the video were going to survive. ;) I was just watching some of the cool stuff they created this morning and then saw this article.
http://www.pcgamer.com/openiv-closu...ma-creators-says-popular-gta-5-stunt-creator/

Are you guys familiar with "Best GTA V Funny Moments Compilation" put by Prestige Clips on YouTube?
Here's an example:

I am finally pulling this game out my backlog to play story mode & some online insanity.

I'd appreciate some graphic mod recommendations (without reading the last 71 pages).
~ ~ ~ gta 5 graphics mod - YouTube

I've played 6-7? story mode missions (5 hours?) so far & the game just looks "FLAT".
I've also done about 10 hours of online racing & flying stuff w/ a friend because it''s his fav game.

I have an i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz & R9-390 8GB vid card w/ 1080 x 60hz monitor.

Here are my current settings that I've adjusted to get a steady 59-60 FPS.

Any help is appreciated!

gta5-settings.jpg

Last edited:
WIP, ENB and ReShade and OpenIV required. Major PITA to get these things to work properly with GTA V as I have tried with other graphical mods that rely on these two.

Also you cannot play online with these mods installed because your game will crash or you may get banned for file modification.

I have two installations, one vanilla for MP only and one for mods. Currently only using vanilla which maxed out at 2560x1080 looks rather nice.

This game is a riot! I wish I had a 1080-ti tho... the graphics are OK for me, but just seem kind of "flat".
ps - I am going to try tweaking tessellation & some other crap from that LOW vs ULTRA video up above & hope it helps.

I also read the last few pages looking for tips & someone said they dis-liked playing as a mafia boss & gangster hood, but these guys seem more like comedic "victims of circumstance" to me and the people around them are actually keeping them in "the life" and they have no way out.

ANYWAY - if you are like me & bought this game on sale but have been waiting to get a better vid card, GET THE CARD & give this crazy ass shit a go.

I am doing Story Mode now because I plan to have a 1080-ti in 3-6 months & then do some mods & flying & STUFF.

If your system can’t run maxed out graphics at 1080 forget about the current graphics mods out there.

No single card can do that and maintain 60fps. That's even with some moderate OC'ing. You might think you can until you decide to tear ass up one of those hills between Los Santos and Blaine County only to hit 15fps out of the blue.

I just started playing some GTA Online again the last few days. Really enjoying the Stunt Races, I tried out the Transform and Hotring Races too all seem pretty fun. I used to play a lot of Survival and Death Match back when the game came out. I did do stunt races back when the Cunning Stunts Update came out though, so I do have some experience with them. What other things are worth checking out in GTA Online? I remember doing some Heists with friends, but don't have any friends who play anymore, I think I did all of them already though.

Friend and I play this game. We are looking for competent player to team up with to work through the missions/VIP/Heist

PM me if you want to play.

Using the Rockstar Launcher, can I migrate my modded GTA V to another drive without issue?

(just got a new NVMe and I really wanna get this game off the ole spinner but I'm afraid it'll bork my mods)

- non-steam Rockstar version here -

Thanks guys!!

Using the Rockstar Launcher, can I migrate my modded GTA V to another drive without issue?

(just got a new NVMe and I really wanna get this game off the ole spinner but I'm afraid it'll bork my mods)

- non-steam Rockstar version here -

Thanks guys!!
Do you have a guide on how to install vehicle mods?

Nice, I was thinking of buying it soon but now I won't have to. Won't likely play much until the Ampere cards come out but it's still usually $15 on sale even.

I don't know what happened, but I haven't been able to play GTA V in months. Uninstalled multiple times, game crashes during load up.

Tried safe mode settings, windowed, etc.

Completely uninstalled my gpu multiple times with DDU, and nothing.

Wiped out anything related to Rockstar Launcher, etc... and nothing.

Can't play the damn game online or in SP.

I'm using Steam Client and everything worked up until around before Christmas. No idea what to do.

Yes. drivers updated, verified game files, etc... nothing

Can you play any of the online missions with NPCs? Never bothered but some of the new heists/missions look like small DLC campaigns.

I don't believe so, which is a shame. It would be great if they released a patch that added some of the Online DLC missions to the SP game.

You can do this for a workaround but GTA V is still missing there is a Epic sale going on at the same time which doesn't help.

It showed up in my library, but my language is no longer in English. When I go to Settings my language is still set to English though. Even the setting options themselves are English, but outside of that everything is Spanish. I have 0 Amigos on EGS (lol). Not even sure what to make of that.

Store seems to be going down due to massive traffic. Their sale is interested.

It showed up in my library, but my language is no longer in English. When I go to Settings my language is still set to English though. Even the setting options themselves are English, but outside of that everything is Spanish. I have 0 Amigos on EGS (lol). Not even sure what to make of that.

Store seems to be going down due to massive traffic. Their sale is interested.
everyone flooding it to get the $10 coupon and free gtav. try it on your phone, its working on mine but i can remember my login info...

Looks like things are back up. I didn't try downloading the game, but I was able to go through the purchase process with no issue. I figure if Steam ever takes a dump or loses the game license, it doesn't hurt to have a backup.

Looks like things are back up. I didn't try downloading the game, but I was able to go through the purchase process with no issue. I figure if Steam ever takes a dump or loses the game license, it doesn't hurt to have a backup.
i think its still hit and miss, i cant get in still.

Back