Grand Theft Auto V

At the very least, Rockstar seems to be fully aware that there's an issue and claim to be "looking into it."
While not necessarily a perfect answer, at least they aren't claiming that it's BS.

This is what Reddit claims. 99% of what Reddit says is total bullshit.

This is what happens when your website is based around upvoting and stupid shit like Reddit Karma. You just have to wade through so much BS to find the substance.

I really hope Rockstar fixes the stutter/performance issues soon as I want to do some 970 & 980ti comparisons on GTA5.

I couldn't resist ANYMORE!

Pick it up on the way home etc.

Installing now....

Once the disc install is done, approx how much patching do I have to "look forward to"??

Thanks!! Can't wait to play

I couldn't resist ANYMORE!

Pick it up on the way home etc.

Installing now....

Once the disc install is done, approx how much patching do I have to "look forward to"??

Thanks!! Can't wait to play

I still enjoy it. I still find people to run heist who communicate from pub games.
And roughly 2-3 gb if memory serves correctly. Game is an ssd beast at 50 gb initial install.

I still enjoy it. I still find people to run heist who communicate from pub games.
And roughly 2-3 gb if memory serves correctly. Game is an ssd beast at 50 gb initial install.

It's closer to 60 I think. It was a 60gb preload IIRC.

Yeah, after this install I'll only have 35ish gigs left on the ssd.

Can you pause the update and relaunch/resume??

If so, awesome, cuz I'll tether my phone and download muchhhh quicker.

Edit: Man, this install is gonna take a while.

Two questions, one: Does GTA auto-select what they think are the best settings?

Two: Is this stuttering really an issue? If so, is there anything I can do to alleviate it???

Thanks again

I don't get much stuttering except in Amunation, then it might lag a little when I go to the counter.

My problem is driving with my buddy when he is lagging :rolleyes:

Supposedly the stuttering is mostly an Nvidia issue, I don't have any on my 7950.

I get an occasional stutter. The ammonation stutter is super annoying.
I've noticed during races one player will take off while the count down is still at 2. Getting a two second head start(it isn't a boost start either)
I did see a lvl 8000 in this patch which is rather disheartening. Overall still a great purchase getting my moneys worth.

Well, a 5.5 gig patch....

Tethering doesn't work with Social Club apparently. So I'm looking at a 6 hour download....

This is absurd.

Can I manually download this patch somehow?? It's just this updater that doesn't care for my phone tether. I can DL 6 gigs in an hour, max over the phone. Surely there is a solution for this??

If you guys have any idea, I was hoping to play this game tonight etc.

Thanks

In addition to that it shouldn't matter what your connected to over wifi, it should download fine.

Double RP and Money on the Prison Heist until the 19th btw.

If I never do the damn prison heist again I'll be happy. Was stuck on that one forever and kept failing it, was driving me mad

It's pretty easy if your group isn't dumb. Pilot just follows jets, demo helps the prison team, prison team makes sure to bring a kuruma inside. Only hard part is when the prison team decides to just jump in the plane and not clear out any cops. I died as the pilot because they did that yesterday, second time they were gonna let it happen again but I just spammed my armor that time. Gotta partially clear the runway before taking off :mad:

I have an XBox 360 PC Controller and a Logitech G910 RGB Mechanical keyboard. I am trying to setup the Keyboard as my primary so I can turn on the Lighting Effects. However, the gamepad is set as the default and I see no option to remove it and I see no option to configure my keyboard in the menu.

I have already unplugged, disabled and removed the XBox 360 controller from Windows and restarted and GTAV still has the gamepad as the primary. I have searched all over Google and the forums and I have found no help.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

cQzqHnO.jpg

eESEAHC.jpg

Kuruma in the prison? Now there's an idea, that would make things a ton easier

Yup. Basically the prisoner takes his Kuruma and drives it to that parking area in front of the prison, basically just park it like 100ft in front so the guard doesn't get alerted. Then you just do the bus part normally, but when the game tells you to go to the first checkpoint (on the roof) you both just run back to the Kuruma and take it. There is a spot you can break the fence right after the main entrance and then just drive around the prison until you find a spot that allows you to drive in. The first 2 "entrances" are blocked off, the third one works. Once you get to the courtyard, have one guy run up to the checkpoint and hide there while the Kuruma takes out the guys in the courtyard. Then jump back in and its smooth sailing from there. To get back out you'll have to go to where you came into the prison, so drive around the whole thing.

And if the wall of text isn't your thing, here's a video :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybCcJS7EN4

Is it just me or is it nearly impossible to play this shit anymore? Between the random freezing until I alt Tab, got rid of that by shutting down the launcher, and now its just randomly crashing..

I honestly did not have a problem untill this new Ill Crap patch..

It's randomly crashing because you shut down the launcher. Don't do that.

The locking at 30 FPS behavior is a "feature" of vertical sync under DX11. In situations where your machine cannot maintain a locked 60, vertical sync will lock the framerate at 30. The workaround, in this game as in many other DX11 games, is to switch from fullscreen to windowed mode and back again. This was discussed one hundred pages ago, so it's understandable that you are unaware.

As far as performance? Nvidia owners have reported performance problems, especially when driving, with the latest patch. Rockstar is aware of the problem and you can receive an email notification when more information is available by subscribing the the support article here.

Has anybody noticed texture flashing/ghosting with damage inflicted on your vehicle? Most notably anybody using a SLi or Xfire setup? The last July patch fucked up my game with this problem.

saw someone lvl 999 wow hahha.. is that even possible ? lol im not even lvl 70 i doubt someone played nonstop to lvl 999 or? must be hack or something....

Got the patch, no difference, I get some crazy texture loading issue then the game stops responding.. About to say screw and uninstall it, and wait a few years, like GTA4.. Then maybe itll be playable again..

Got the patch, no difference, I get some crazy texture loading issue then the game stops responding.. About to say screw and uninstall it, and wait a few years, like GTA4.. Then maybe itll be playable again..
The performance "tweaks" that you are using are the cause of your problems. Do NOT force quit the launcher.

game is fun till you get a session with a cheater using god mode and shooting cars at you or launching non stop missiles and taking away your guys and turning you into a whale or slapping you around the entire map.

Hadn't touched the game since last week when the stuttering issue manifested. Just finished a 90 minute session and no performance problems at all. I had faith Rockstar would address the issues raised with the previous patch within a week.

I7 3770
GTX 770 2GB (latest hotfix drivers, 353.49)
16 GB RAM
Game is installed on a HDD

got rid of that by shutting down the launcher, and now its just randomly crashing..
I have not quit the installer
Are you sure?

Last edited:
ahah wow..

So, just because Ive done it a couple times, you just assume I do it every time? After the new 432mb patch, I tried playing for 2 hours, with out touching anything, and still get a random hang up any where from 20-30 mins while playing...

Damn. Almost forgot this actually has been released for some time.. How does it run on the 2500K with something like R9 270? Worth buying it?

I run it great with the rig in my sig. Hell my buddy is even playing with me on a pretty cheap laptop.

Damn. Almost forgot this actually has been released for some time.. How does it run on the 2500K with something like R9 270? Worth buying it?

Should run pretty well, the one thing I noticed with this game is that quad core or above is required. Anything lower than that and you get some severe bottlenecking.

For anyone who didn't get the 25% rebate from the Ill Gotten Gains week, try contacting rockstar. I did all the required stuff (email verified, mailing list, part of crew) and didn't get it, but I messaged support yesterday and had the 550k in my bank today.

I play with a 2500k at 4.3 and 670s in SLI. Runs great. I get micro stutter sometimes from texture load on very high but I have 130 hours or so on the game which is huge for me as I work 70 hours per week and am married. It's been a bit of crack for me. Only games I've played more are sky rim and borderlands 2

I play with a 2500k at 4.3 and 670s in SLI. Runs great. I get micro stutter sometimes from texture load on very high but I have 130 hours or so on the game which is huge for me as I work 70 hours per week and am married. It's been a bit of crack for me. Only games I've played more are sky rim and borderlands 2

Do you have any ghosting/texture flicking problems on your vehicle when you crash into something?

Back