Grand Theft Auto V

Man I've only had the game for 3 weeks and I've got almost 3 days in GTA online already. And that includes the week I had finals.

If you're farming missions make sure you run a stopwatch and turn them in @ 4 minutes.

Do them shorter? I thought you maxed out the rewards at 15 minutes. I've been constantly getting 20k for missions that go for about 15 mins(Extradition, Steal a Titan, etc). Quick stuff always pays low.

4 minutes is about twice as much $/RP per hour. 15 is the highest for a single payout but it's not the fastest.

I've really enjoyed the multiplayer and I've gotten to level 54 playing heists with friends. Singleplayer is better gameplay wise but there's no coop and playing with real people is usually more fun. I just upgraded to the GTX 980 and I'm thinking of a 980Ti for this game or maybe I should wait for Maxwell. WIth everything maxed at 1080P (meaning that every in-game setting is maxed) GTAV still hobbles my framerate.

Looks like this game runs a lot smoother with hyper threading disabled. I turned it on to see if there would be a performance increase but it introduced a fair amount of micro stutter.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I lol every time he is in his underwear when it boots up.

I logged in tonight and was on Franklin... swapped to good old Trevor to see whats going on and this is how I find him..... (warning... might want some eye bleach)

GTA5_2015_05_10_00_21_47_85.jpg

Up on hillside, bottle in hand, passed out and wearing... THAT. :eek: I nearly spit my drink all over my keyboard.

So I did the only sensible thing. Went into the city and started blowing stuff up. :D

Last edited:
I logged in tonight and was on Franklin... swapped to good old Trevor to see whats going on and this is how I find him..... (warning... might want some eye bleach)

Up on hillside, bottle in hand, passed out and wearing... THAT. :eek: I nearly spit my drink all over my keyboard.

So I did the only sensible thing. Went into the city and started blowing stuff up. :D

You can get some pretty interesting results by huffing the gas on Trevor's porch.

any idea how my rig will handle this? specs in sig.

I temporarily used a GTX570 last week with a 2500K @ 4.3GHz.
I was able to use high settings @ 1080p and kept vram use below 1.4GB.
It ran at 60fps with vsync on, I was quite impressed.

You will need to clock your CPU, a stock 2500K will bottleneck.
Even mine bottlenecks at times.

I temporarily used a GTX570 last week with a 2500K @ 4.3GHz.
I was able to use high settings @ 1080p and kept vram use below 1.4GB.
It ran at 60fps with vsync on, I was quite impressed.

You will need to clock your CPU, a stock 2500K will bottleneck.
Even mine bottlenecks at times.

ok, thanks. i dont know the first thing about overclocking anymore. I use to do it all the time probably close to 10 years ago on a dfi lanparty when it was all bios. I guess now theres software. ill have to figure out how to do it again.

Just got the game today. Never seen or played on any console or PC. I wanted it to be a surprise when I could afford the game at some point. Just played for the first time on my rig in sig, left the graphics alone. I think I turned up the grass.

I'm absolutely floored by the quality of this game. The game itself is a ton of fun. Throw in the fact that I had ZERO graphical glitches or slowdowns/stutters, and it really shows quality. I can't wait til I upgrade the computer later this year.

Probably be a while before CPU bottleneck, so even a vid card upgrade would be nice, but certainly not necessary. It's a beautiful game at 1920x1200. I think it's on High overall settings.

Just wanted to give props to R* for a great game. Cheers! :D

I decided to measure my XP/$ over a 24 hour period in GTAO.
Started last night at precisely 10:00 PM EST @ Rank 164 - 3,521,910 total XP. $0 in my pocket.

Ran my AFK bot overnight, started 15-minute mission farming at 6:00 AM and stopped just now, 10:00 PM EST after a full 24 hours.

Final results: +328,985 XP / +$1,213,943

dDFzVg6.png

13,707 XP per hour.
$50,580 per hour.

Gained a total of 10 levels (164 to 174) +2 XP boxes (20%).

Using my previous calculations it should have been around 300,000 XP based on the 15-minute timer and avg reward values.
I think I exceeded it by such a large amount due to kill bonuses from shooting enemies.

I'll be back when I ding R200 for a final playtime/kills/missions summary on Weds or Thurs.

Last edited:
ok, thanks. i dont know the first thing about overclocking anymore. I use to do it all the time probably close to 10 years ago on a dfi lanparty when it was all bios. I guess now theres software. ill have to figure out how to do it again.
it's still better to do it in the BIOS rather than software. it's fairly simple these days, however. go into your BIOS, change your CPU multiplier and adjust your voltage to find stable settings at acceptable temps...easy as that for what you want to do.

be prepared too..this game loves to crash sometimes :( also the memory leak is still there.

Which one to buy, insurgent or the kuruma for now? no i dont want to buy both as i dont have money for those, and iwanna mod one too so both bulletproof so i asume either is good ?

I decided to measure my XP/$ over a 24 hour period in GTAO.
Started last night at precisely 10:00 PM EST @ Rank 164 - 3,521,910 total XP. $0 in my pocket.

Ran my AFK bot overnight, started 15-minute mission farming at 6:00 AM and stopped just now, 10:00 PM EST after a full 24 hours.

Final results: +328,985 XP / +$1,213,943

dDFzVg6.png

13,707 XP per hour.
$50,580 per hour.

Gained a total of 10 levels (164 to 174) +2 XP boxes (20%).

Using my previous calculations it should have been around 300,000 XP based on the 15-minute timer and avg reward values.
I think I exceeded it by such a large amount due to kill bonuses from shooting enemies.

I'll be back when I ding R200 for a final playtime/kills/missions summary on Weds or Thurs.

Nice!!! Where does one find this bot?

Can only farm mission fails while you're AFK, about 6K RP per hour. Kinda sucks.
Make a script that presses PageUp every few seconds and then start a mission with a timer. Ta da.

Man this game runs so much better since I upgraded my video card to a 970 this weekend. Ready to hop into the multiplayer now. Hope I'm not too far behind the curve

Just got the game today. Never seen or played on any console or PC. I wanted it to be a surprise when I could afford the game at some point.

I almost did the same thing. I bought it for the 360 on launch day, but after playing the intro mission I just turned it off and didnt play again until it came out on PC. I am glad I waited, but the couple delays made it worse. Of course as you mention the game runs much better than I anticipated after GTA IV's crappy performance so I am happy with my decision to wait.

Anyone have any tips for speeding up the the helicopter? I'm trying to do the city fly-by in flight school and I'm only barely making the bronze time...yet it seems like my chopper is at top speed for like 1/2 of the run. Is there something I'm missing? They never did give me a helicopter tutorial, so I have a feeling I'm missing out on something.

Can only farm mission fails while you're AFK, about 6K RP per hour. Kinda sucks.
Make a script that presses PageUp every few seconds and then start a mission with a timer. Ta da.
Any recommendations on what mission(s)? Or does it matter?

Anyone have any tips for speeding up the the helicopter? I'm trying to do the city fly-by in flight school and I'm only barely making the bronze time...yet it seems like my chopper is at top speed for like 1/2 of the run. Is there something I'm missing? They never did give me a helicopter tutorial, so I have a feeling I'm missing out on something.

Tilt forward and peg the throttle? :p That's about all I do when flying choppers and I get going pretty quick.

Any recommendations on what mission(s)? Or does it matter?
I use "Denial of Service", it's a Lester mission.
You can start it from the Pause menu assuming you've played it before.

I use a simple two-line AutoHotkey script to press PageUp every 5 seconds. This should be your Restart Mission hotkey.
1,070RP + $3,350 every 10 minutes.

I use "Denial of Service", it's a Lester mission.
You can start it from the Pause menu assuming you've played it before.

I use a simple two-line AutoHotkey script to press PageUp every 5 seconds. This should be your Restart Mission hotkey.
1,070RP + $3,350 every 10 minutes.

Yeah, was planning on making an AHK script to do so (figured that's what you were using anyway). Thanks, may give this a try when I go home for lunch even.

Tilt forward and peg the throttle? :p That's about all I do when flying choppers and I get going pretty quick.

That's the trick...where's the throttle? The analog triggers usually control your throttle/brakes, but on choppers it's your up and down. I'm stuck bobbing around as it seems like your left analog stick somewhat controls your speed, but it also makes me dive.

That's the trick...where's the throttle? The analog triggers usually control your throttle/brakes, but on choppers it's your up and down. I'm stuck bobbing around as it seems like your left analog stick somewhat controls your speed, but it also makes me dive.

When I meant 'throttle', I was referring to the same button that makes you ascend. You have to balance out tilting forward enough so you go forward quickly but don't descend, and keep the throttle (ascend trigger/button) held down and/or feathered.

Going between buildings, and certain heights there will be turbulence and bounce you around a bit, so you have to compensate for that as well with your turning to keep straight. Took me a bit, but now I'm pretty decent at choppers (using a controller).

Which one to buy, insurgent or the kuruma for now? no i dont want to buy both as i dont have money for those, and iwanna mod one too so both bulletproof so i asume either is good ?

If you're talking about missions and heists then the Kuruma for sure. The Kuruma is almost completely bulletproof whereas you can still get killed easily through the window in the Insurgent. The Insurgent has more explosive resistance but how often do you come across explosive using NPCs. If you're talking about PvP and freeroam then both have their own merits.

I don't use either one as I find the Akuma way more fun in missions and freeroam.

I love the Insurgent with the 50cal with a friend, but the Kuruma's value is unmatched when solo and want to just stomp through missions or cause havoc free roam solo.

the insurgent without a weapon is nice too, you are pretty bullet proof when you drive in reverse since the rear window is so small so if you are coming up against someone that you know wants to shoot you with bullets just back up to them and they cant do anything, if you know they have rockets or explosives then you can just drive at them like normal.

insurgent is likely better free roam because everyone has access to the homing launcher early on, and if they manage to blow you up, they are forced to pay close to $17k on your insurance bill close to 3x what the insurance on the kuruma is and it also costs another $750 per missile the waste on you.

I don't understand how anyone is having any fun in GTAonline. I gave up on it pretty quickly. I log in, try to find a game, even got on social club to find popular maps and try to play those - but have had zero luck in finding anything fun to do - or really anything to do period. Feels like I spend 20 minutes trying to find a game, then waiting for it to fill up, then 10 minutes in load screens and done. I'd love to do some flying maps or something fun, but I found one server where everyone just ran around with crowbars and beat each-other to death and that's it.

I don't understand how anyone is having any fun in GTAonline. I gave up on it pretty quickly. I log in, try to find a game, even got on social club to find popular maps and try to play those - but have had zero luck in finding anything fun to do. I'd love to do some flying maps or something fun, but I found one server where everyone just ran around with crowbars and beat each-other to death and that's it.

Not sure what issues you are having, with having fun.

I seem to have a blast when i log in every night.

From doing heists or missions with friends/crew members or just running around in freeroam killing random people or calling muggers on them and watching them get pushed to the ground by the npc mugger.

There is really no shortage of things to do. i have 317 hours played so far.

i stay away from dumb game modes like deathmatch as i find that boring in every game not just GTA and never touch that mode.

So far my pegasus vehicle purchases include:

Tank
Insurgent 50cal.
Valkyrie
Hydra
Dump
Dodo
Merlin
Vestra
Marshal America

So i can cause some random havoc ranging from driving around in the monster truck to flying around in the harrier jet or driving around with some friends in the insurgent 50 cal. or flying with them in the Valkyrie.

i have even had some fun playing a game or 2 of golf with a couple people.

+1

Private groups. Grievers are a pain in the ars, they are suppose to be in their own lobby, but you can get your mental state from red to white in a few hours of just doing missions.

+1

Private groups. Grievers are a pain in the ars, they are suppose to be in their own lobby, but you can get your mental state from red to white in a few hours of just doing missions.

to be fair if someone is not in the mood to get shot they can just turn on passive mode as well.

so if you are doing something like recovering a vehicle for Simeon or some other activity where you dont want to get killed you can usually prevent the grief.

but yeah you can also go to a private server to avoid it completely.

tho i have done my fair share of messing with people, i have taken my tank to where someone called in an insurgent and just flipped it over and sat the tank ontop of it so they couldnt get in it, done that to a few cars as well with my monster truck, it always makes me laugh a little to see them walk over to their upside down vehicle.

lol, my friend and I usually put our selfs in Passive mode when we find a car for Simeon or find an interesting car that we wanna own, but every new and again we forget and the results go from hilarious to frustrating to infuriating. I finally find a car that looks like a late 70s, early 80s Crown Victory, I shoot the driver and I'm about to take it and bring it to a Mod Shop when a red dot appears on my radar and I die as a speeding car runs me over, respawn and car no where to be seen. Proceed to curse that you forgot to put it in Passive.

lol, my friend and I usually put our selfs in Passive mode when we find a car for Simeon or find an interesting car that we wanna own, but every new and again we forget and the results go from hilarious to frustrating to infuriating. I finally find a car that looks like a late 70s, early 80s Crown Victory, I shoot the driver and I'm about to take it and bring it to a Mod Shop when a red dot appears on my radar and I die as a speeding car runs me over, respawn and car no where to be seen. Proceed to curse that you forgot to put it in Passive.

I also have a habit of leaving proximity mines in front of the mod shop....

Back