Grand Theft Auto V

Currently 296,862 users playing this on steam at the moment :eek:. Will probably keep going up at this rate (was lower last night).

dont worry it will drop just like the console versions, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to find an online mission on the 360/ps3 right now, waiting 20 mins on the xbone. I cant believe people are even buying this shit

dont worry it will drop just like the console versions, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to find an online mission on the 360/ps3 right now, waiting 20 mins on the xbone. I cant believe people are even buying this shit

Buying...the console versions...or the PC...? Because the PC version defecates violently over the console versions.

Currently 296,862 users playing this on steam at the moment :eek:. Will probably keep going up at this rate (was lower last night).

And that's just Steam. All the people that grabbed it straight from R* social club on the $45 GMG deal aren't factored in.

I'm actually thinking that seems a little low, TBH. But I think its pretty apparent that this is going to be a juggernaut like Skyrim in terms of staying in the Top10 for a long time.

I never even noticed mine decrypt. Did it do it automatically after the download, or when you launched the game for the first time?

I bought the game yesterday, did the preload, and then it sat there in my Steam list saying something to the effect of "Game will be available upon release". Then after I came here and noticed that you guys said it was unlocked, I launched the game, activated it, and started playing. So at what point did the decryption occur?

So Online is still not any fun after two years? I played the bejesus out of the Story Mode on PS3 when it first came out but only logged a few hours in Online before getting bored. Was really hoping the Online portion was solid by now.

Nobody cares.

Off ya go.

So what's the consensus on kids playing it?

Just keep in mind that for many children, keeping them away from a game like this could easily just make them want it more, especially if their friends are playing it and talking about it.

It's not realistic to hide your kid from the real world (a real world that includes violent games). The most important thing is that YOU talk with your kid, and YOU help him/her to understand what is right and wrong. Too many parents, in a naive attempt to shield their kids from this type of content, end up simply squandering their chance to actually have input in their kids life. Your kid will end up playing it at a friend's house or w/e where they will high-five each other every time they kill a cop :rolleyes:

And that's just Steam. All the people that grabbed it straight from R* social club on the $45 GMG deal aren't factored in.

I'm actually thinking that seems a little low, TBH. But I think its pretty apparent that this is going to be a juggernaut like Skyrim in terms of staying in the Top10 for a long time.

considering the way the game performs. That was everybodies fear, now that it runs well people are SWARMING

I'm installing the physical version at the moment.

Looking forward to finally checking out Los Santos for the first time.

you could just ignore him

Hed rather just ignore and dismiss the fact that the game has been out for a year on consoles, and its population is completely dead, rather that actually stating something relevant to counter that point as to why people in their right minds would spend money on this. Hell even rockstar gave console players 1 million in in game cash to try to get people to keep playing when they didnt release heists until over a year later than it was supposed to be.

...why people in their right minds would spend money on this....

Because, like others, I actually enjoy the series enough to spend money on it.

Does the PC flavor of this game really make you rage this hard?

I personally don't care what happened to the "online population" on the consoles as it is not relevant to me in any way, nor will be as I don't game on consoles.

You didn't have to be a dick about it.

That is FAR from being a dick about anything, trust me.

Huge difference over my xbox one and runs well on my rig, Im getting some random pauses when driving but I suspect it has to do with graphics performance more than anything.

I haven't tried multi as I've been running around with franklin on single player. TIP: theres a sub machine gun laying under one of the piers. TIP 2: theres a baseball bat northwest of Los Santos on the right side of the highway north where all the bikers tend to congregate and a structure with about 8 covered porta potties.

Because, like others, I actually enjoy the series enough to spend money on it.

Does the PC flavor of this game really make you rage this hard?

I personally don't care what happened to the "online population" on the consoles as it is not relevant to me in any way, nor will be as I don't game on consoles.

It should matter if you care about what the online population of the game will be in a year, if you plan on playing it for a long period of time or buying it in the future. If the online population on 4 platforms already died off, why would a 5th be any different?

And frankly i dont understand why people are so hard on refusing to buy EA games due to DLC and late content but give a company like R* a total pass. The heists were supposed to be in the game at launch, but didnt come out until over a year later, thats a hell of a failed promise.

I never even noticed mine decrypt. Did it do it automatically after the download, or when you launched the game for the first time?

I bought the game yesterday, did the preload, and then it sat there in my Steam list saying something to the effect of "Game will be available upon release". Then after I came here and noticed that you guys said it was unlocked, I launched the game, activated it, and started playing. So at what point did the decryption occur?
It is supposed to do it automatically when the release time hits, but sometimes people have to restart Steam to force the issue. You might notice it if the game is on your primary OS drive because the process eats up a lot of IOPS. If you go to the Downloads section of your library there will also be a message to the effect of "Hard Drive Busy" under your download stats on the top-left when decryption is in process.

Dayum G! This game looks fucking awesome.......runs like butter at 1440p on my rig in my sig.

I can't seem to fix this exited unexpectadely issue. anyone can think of a fix? i guess i have to redownload this whole damn shit. anyone have link to the torrent file to get all the files. Shit is way too slow and i'm frustrated. wasted all my free time to play game trying to work with this shitty rockstar launcher

http://www.reddit.com/r/GTAV/comments/32i41z/grand_theft_auto_v_exited_unexpectedly/
I had an appcrash earlier. I elevated the Rockstar Social Club program to run as admin, and then ran the repair install from the GTA V setup tool - which, from what I gather, reinstalls the DX and Visual C runtimes. Then I rebooted. Haven't seen another appcrash, but I will update if it happens again.
Update. After a 3 hour play session, I saw no crashing.

It should matter if you care about what the online population of the game will be in a year, if you plan on playing it for a long period of time or buying it in the future. If the online population on 4 platforms already died off, why would a 5th be any different?

And frankly i dont understand why people are so hard on refusing to buy EA games due to DLC and late content but give a company like R* a total pass. The heists were supposed to be in the game at launch, but didnt come out until over a year later, thats a hell of a failed promise.

Why are you getting so mad about a game that it sounds like you don't even own?

I never bought GTA V for its online playability, so no I guess it does not matter if it is or is not any different than what happened to the online community on consoles.

That being said, I personally do not see it dying off completely for some time, the PC gaming community is a different breed when it comes to shit like that some times, and if it does, who gives a shit you if still have a solid single player game to play?

I know my grammar is not perfect, but learn to use some apostrophes and stuff love, makes you feel good.

The heists were supposed to be in the game at launch, but didnt come out until over a year later, thats a hell of a failed promise.

Another a console scrub problem. PC platform has heists from day one.

You keep whining about issues that only affect consoles. You're in the wrong forum.

So, 62 pages. That's not too bad of a wait for people to start ganging up on each other over trivial shit.

Another a console scrub problem. PC platform has heists from day one.

You keep mentioning console issues. Are you sure you're in the right forum?

since when is a COMPANIES failure to deliver on what was promised a single platform issue?

It is supposed to do it automatically when the release time hits, but sometimes people have to restart Steam to force the issue. You might notice it if the game is on your primary OS drive because the process eats up a lot of IOPS. If you go to the Downloads section of your library there will also be a message to the effect of "Hard Drive Busy" under your download stats on the top-left when decryption is in process.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I was off playing Batman: AC when the game unlocked, so I didn't check back in here until about 45 minutes after the release. I guess it decrypted in the background while I was playing Batman because I was basically able to launch and play GTA V with the exception of what looked like a small patch download...meanwhile I was seeing so many other people have trouble with decryption, losing connections, etc. I never had any of that trouble. Glad I went with the Steam version after all; it was flawless.

Vlad in yet another thread crapping all over the place. How are you not banned yet?

yeah because thats what im doing :rolleyes: . Im simply stating the fact that R* failed to deliver on every other platform they released the game on, had delay after delay, and was over a year late on content they promised, stuff that like that should absolutely factor in on people buying decisions, especially those who primarily play online/multiplayer

So not to stir the pot and start another flame war has anyone out there actually tried playing with a 7870? I'm debating on picking this up but I don't want to upgrade my gpu just yet.

since when is a COMPANIES failure to deliver on what was promised a single platform issue?

That's nonsensical. You're in the PC forum. And as far as PC gamers enjoying GTA5 today are concerned, R* didn't "fail to deliver" anything. Heists are there from day one. That Heists weren't there on consoles from day one is a console problem. Not a PC problem . If online is really dead on 360/PS3, again, console problem. Boo fucking hoo they delayed the PC version to polish it. And polish it they did because its fantastic. Certainly much preferred to launching prematurely and broken like most AAA's these days.Write R* a letter on your finest stationary with a list of your console complaints. Nobody is likely to care here.

*Sidenote: Its like the naysayers and closet console dinks are mad that the game doesn't run like the "shit port just like GTA4" that they swore it would, so now they're just trying to grasp desperately at anything. I don't just mean this brain surgeon here but you see these kinds of troll posts on Reddit too. Comedy

Last edited:
You are the most butt hurt individual I have met outside of GenMay.

Relax, go get your rocks off, and then shoot some whores.

That's nonsensical. You're in the PC forum. And as far as PC gamers enjoying GTA5 today are concerned, R* didn't "fail to deliver" anything. Heists are there from day one. The fact they weren't there on consoles from day one is a CONSOLE problem. The fact Online is dead on 360/PS3 is a CONSOLE problem. Write R* a letter on your finest stationary if you feel so strongly about it. Nobody gives a fuck here.

*Sidenote: Its like the naysayers are mad that the game doesn't run like the "shit port just like GTA4" that they swore it would, so now they're just trying to grasp desperately at anything. I don't just mean this brain surgeon here but you see these kinds of troll posts on Reddit too. Comedy

Your right, a game failing to hold any form of an audience on 100% of the platforms it released on previously can mean absolutely nothing for the last platform amiright? A company failing to hold up to their expectations and, in fact, your version of the game suffered because of the heist delays by pushing back the release of the PC version significantly.

installing now!!
sucks though i have to go to work, i wont be able to play for another 9 hours...

im going to be buying another ssd, my 250 is now out of room with this game.

is everyone else installing on an ssd?

After the prologue your character walks down an alley. In the alley, cat jumps down from a garbage can and meows. I tried to crouch next to it to get a good screenshot, but being unfamiliar with the controls, I accidentally kicked it and it died. I immediately restarted.

Then I killed a bunch of cops.

installing now!!
sucks though i have to go to work, i wont be able to play for another 9 hours...

im going to be buying another ssd, my 250 is now out of room with this game.

is everyone else installing on an ssd?

Im not sure how an SSD would benefit this, load times typically arent too long so it would probably be safe to move it to an HDD

Had a problem with the latest Nvidia drivers release for this game. They were sticking my clock speeds in Precision X 16, had to downgrade back to the 347 drivers.

Im not sure how an SSD would benefit this, load times typically arent too long so it would probably be safe to move it to an HDD

I installed it on my SSD. Someone mentioned earlier that open-world games with lots of streaming might benefit from an SSD. Hard drives can sometimes cause stutter in those situations.

I had the free space; might as well use it. Even if there is no benefit, there's certainly not a detriment.

Back