Grand Theft Auto V

Downloading 353.64 MB, 0 bytes / sec.

R*, get your heads out of your asses. This shit should have been done during the pre-load, before the game unlocked.

since its ready to launch in 52 minutes and I preloaded last week............I'm waiting an hour to play a preloaded game because of why? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

lol I was expecting the LOGIN server to get hammered and be iffy all night tonight, but add 400+ mbs of updates on top of that for EVERYONE trying to login and play? Way to go Rockstar!

Holy fucking shit!

I'd be extremely upset if that happened to me.

I'm at 99% for my preload files to download (via torrent), already activated on Rockstar Social hope I don't get blasted with a 11gb update or I'll be disappointed.

I swear we should have a Vent chat server up so we can all bitch and complain together.. maybe crack open a few cold ones while we wait.

I got 2.5 hours on my download to go (just bought today).

I wasn't gonna buy this, but the most recent indication that there's machinima stuff in it, made it sound too much fun not to play with.

SAVE22-OVERHO-LIDAYS Is a code you can still use @ GMG to get it for like $46 if you're interested

Is it all night time for you folks on the other side of the world? (9.21am here). Haven't seen an [H] thread this active since 8800GTX days.

I have to unlock it on my htpc also but it will be faster to just copy the installation folder over again lol

2.7 hours for a 353.64mb patch , why in the world was this a simultaneous release :mad: not that I didn't see this coming, just blowing off a lil steam :p

WTF!!!!! whats with this big mofo patch! Let me play today then patch it while im sleeping.

Finished downloading the patch, error. Re-downloading patch. I should have seen this coming...

I swear we should have a Vent chat server up so we can all bitch and complain together.. maybe crack open a few cold ones while we wait.

Good call.. The plan was to get home from work and start jammin' on GTA V. Guess I'll just get hammered instead lol

For you guys downloading patches maybe untick the drop box option to keep updated in the properties menu for GTA V?

i must say - unpacking this game raped my SSD, damn you measly 256gb drive

Is it all night time for you folks on the other side of the world? (9.21am here). Haven't seen an [H] thread this active since 8800GTX days.

11:33am here in NZ. Finishing work in 30mins and have the rest of the week off so I can play GTA V... I guess I'll just spend the rest of the week downloading patches instead :rolleyes:

I'm installing the setup files now. Fingers crossed I don't get blasted with some big ass download.

April 13
Dear Steam Customer,

We recently learned of an issue that can impact players attempting to install Grand Theft Auto V on Windows PCs. For those experiencing this issue, you have three options available to you at this time.

First, Rockstar Games intends to have a fix for this issue soon.

Second, customers can try the manual work around detailed below.

Third, if neither of the above works for you, the self-refund tool will continue to be available until the official fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Please see below for more information from Rockstar Games, including details on the manual workaround.

The Steam Team

We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

If you don’t want to wait for a fix, you need to create a new Administrator User Account for your Windows system that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic roman alphabet. For a full list of supported characters, see the table at the bottom of this page. Please note that simply renaming your current User Account will not correct this issue. To create the account, follow these instructions from Microsoft’s website:

Windows 8/8.1:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
Windows 7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7
Windows Vista:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-vista
We will update this support article with any new information as soon as we have it, including expected timing of a fix and whether you will be able to transfer progress on the newly-created Windows username over to your original Windows user account.

If you would like to receive an automatic update via email when there is more information about a fix, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sorry if repeat. May be convenient since thread is moving fast.

Have any of you tried changing download servers? I guess the US ones are getting slammed right now.

I know its a bummer... But we've got a major PC release that also happens to be releasing at a time when the US is largely at home and awake. That means a fucking ton of people all doing the same thing.

Relax.

Time for download continues to increase... (I'm on Steam and had already preloaded.) I guess this is "unlocking" or something but it's going to take a while I guess.

I know its a bummer... But we've got a major PC release that also happens to be releasing at a time when the US is largely at home and awake. That means a fucking ton of people all doing the same thing.

Relax.

Yup.

On a somewhat positive note, the "Ready to launch" time is adjusting itself to accommodate to the disk writing. Must be downloading and patching in segments?

After this is done I never want to see this launcher again in my life.
I might just have to smash something.

Back