Grand Theft Auto V

Grand Theft Auto 5's Ray Traced Reflections Upgrade Tested on PS5 and Xbox Series X

We'd seen ray traced shadows before in the current-gen refresh of GTA 5- but very recently, Rockstar went back and improved the game still further, adding RT reflections...on top of that, very minor issues we had with the Xbox Series version of the game were also addressed (likely before the RT upgrade)...in this video, Oliver Mackenzie shows us the improvements and limitations of the new GTA 5 fidelity mode...

Grand Theft Auto 5's Ray Traced Reflections Upgrade Tested on PS5 and Xbox Series X

We'd seen ray traced shadows before in the current-gen refresh of GTA 5- but very recently, Rockstar went back and improved the game still further, adding RT reflections...on top of that, very minor issues we had with the Xbox Series version of the game were also addressed (likely before the RT upgrade)...in this video, Oliver Mackenzie shows us the improvements and limitations of the new GTA 5 fidelity mode...

They're not bringing ray tracing to the PC version, unfortunately. We get screwed like we did with DMC5.

The PC version hasn't seen a tech update in forever. Probably not in the last 5 years. The game still looks phenomenal for what it is, but there's a lot of new tech (HDR, DLSS, RT, etc.) they could be taking advantage of. I have to imagine they aren't going to bother at this point, though.

They're not bringing ray tracing to the PC version, unfortunately. We get screwed like we did with DMC5.

I have to think that they'll eventually bring this to PC...consoles are always the priority with Rockstar but with ray-tracing tech it only really shines on PC

So after playing Red Dead 2 for a bit its got me wanting to see what all the hype was with gta5. I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions for me real quick though pertaining to the story mode.

I know there are three characters that are playable but how exactly does that work? I haven't been able to find any definite answers online. Like do you play one character and exhaust his portion of the story and move on to the next, or does it constantly switch between them all the time? I'm pretty sure you have to play them all.

I'm not even sure I really want to play it tbh, I mainly want to see the world that was built more than anything. I hear it still holds up pretty well even by today's standards. But I already know it's gonna be a test just to get through the dialog with all nigga this, nigga that bullshit. It's on sale for $15 at the moment, so I can't get burned to bad if I really end up not liking it.

Also I want to check out the Natural Vision mod. It def has a good look to it. Though I think in general the mod removes a little too much atmosphere ( I watched a few comparison vids). Also BOHICA with the shitty R* controls!:rolleyes: But I'd image it should feel pretty familiar after playing Red Dead.

I know there are three characters that are playable but how exactly does that work?
It's been awhile; I believe the game will jump you around, but you can also manually switch between them as well. Yes you have to play them all.

So after playing Red Dead 2 for a bit its got me wanting to see what all the hype was with gta5. I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions for me real quick though pertaining to the story mode.

I know there are three characters that are playable but how exactly does that work? I haven't been able to find any definite answers online. Like do you play one character and exhaust his portion of the story and move on to the next, or does it constantly switch between them all the time? I'm pretty sure you have to play them all.

I'm not even sure I really want to play it tbh, I mainly want to see the world that was built more than anything. I hear it still holds up pretty well even by today's standards. But I already know it's gonna be a test just to get through the dialog with all nigga this, nigga that bullshit. It's on sale for $15 at the moment, so I can't get burned to bad if I really end up not liking it.

Also I want to check out the Natural Vision mod. It def has a good look to it. Though I think in general the mod removes a little too much atmosphere ( I watched a few comparison vids). Also BOHICA with the shitty R* controls!:rolleyes: But I'd image it should feel pretty familiar after playing Red Dead.

They all play a part in the story, there's no avoiding playing as them all. You will occasionally exhaust a character's missions, and you will occasionally switch between them during the same mission. It depends.

I liked all the characters.

kk, thanks again. GT, I already went ahead and bought it soon after ChoGGi replied. I most likely wouldn't have made an account there anyways just to save $5, but thanks anyway.

I have yet to play the single player campaign beyond what was required for it to let me go online lol. Should probably do that at some point.

I've heard a lot of good about it but I went online and never looked back lol.
One of these days

I distinctly remember loading into GTAO on my PS4 and immediately hearing some kid just fuckin screeching. Full on reeeeeee.

Literally never touched it again.

I distinctly remember loading into GTAO on my PS4 and immediately hearing some kid just fuckin screeching. Full on reeeeeee.

Literally never touched it again.
Ah, I disable in game audio channels before ever playing :) Been doing that since before CS:S started tapering off.
Much better experience without any of that in any game.

IMO, the single player is what GTA is all about. That's where the humor and personality really shines.
Fair point, I liked most of the single player campaign in prior versions but each had some very agitating parts.. and with limited game time now I wanted to play with my friends.

Back