Grand theft auto V thread.

Give us some tips? You are talking about the Franklin/lester assassination missions?
Oh, sure. It's actually really easy and kind of cheap (not that I'm complaining...) once you see a guide.

Yep, those are the ones. You can clear a billion without investing in anything else, but I've done a mix of things and actually screwed up by only investing with Franklin on the first mission. Here is a checklist for what to invest in when with relation to those, but the key point is that only the first has to be completed to advance the plot (and thus get to the juicier heists for capital). So, you avoid buying a lot of property or expensive vehicles and to wait until after you beat the game so you have tens of millions to leverage towards these. The final mission payout can vary about 50% depending on approach, and more from there depending on crew, but even in the worst cases you'll have plenty to work with.

Also, on the BAWSAQ, HAL and PIS have both been steadily rising for a week or so...we're talking 30-50% per day in some cases. It's not rising like it had been but you can still make some money there. I made 10% in just a few hours with money only in those, so jump in now if you have spare cash but keep an eye on it in case it starts dropping. Nobody has quite figured out how it works yet.

Check out the gta stocks subreddit. It also helped a good bit to join the Rockstar Social Club to keep an eye on the market and your stock portfolio (as well as stats and completion progress, etc) there. You also get a pretty good car and an advanced SMG/P90. It's actually the first time I've found myself using stuff like this, but Rockstar did a good job as with most things in the game and it's actually somewhat useful and entertaining.

So I've tried the online mode, and the jobs consisted of...races and deathmatch. Really? That's all?

So I've tried the online mode, and the jobs consisted of...races and deathmatch. Really? That's all?

Uhhh, no.

There's Races, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Last Man Standing, and then there's missions (supposed to be around 500 of them).

Missions come in all sorts of varieties, from 1-4 people doing the mission to putting two teams against each other (IE go fetch this item and bring it here, team that gets it there wins).

Also don't forget you can do all the activities online as well, Parachuting, Darts, Arm wrestling, Tennis, golf, etc.

Anyone having issues like I did where missions don't start/unable to swap characters..just let your game sit for a while(like a few hours if need be). Eventually it should fix itself and allow you to swap characters and do missions again. I just quickly cleared the rest of the missions and did Lester's. ~1.5 billion with Mike and about 1.4 with the other 2, woo!

Uhhh, no.

There's Races, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Last Man Standing, and then there's missions (supposed to be around 500 of them).

Missions come in all sorts of varieties, from 1-4 people doing the mission to putting two teams against each other (IE go fetch this item and bring it here, team that gets it there wins).

Also don't forget you can do all the activities online as well, Parachuting, Darts, Arm wrestling, Tennis, golf, etc.

LMS is just another form of deathmatch. And where are the missions? How do you activate them?

Well I finished the main story, now for some of those side quests that I didn't get to.

Well I finished the main story, now for some of those side quests that I didn't get to.

I feel this game is much shorter than the previous GTA's.
Everyone is finishing the story so quickly. How do you compare the length to 4? Longer, shorter?

LMS is just another form of deathmatch. And where are the missions? How do you activate them?

You can find them on the map driving around or use your cell phone, go to "Quick jobs" tab and select "Mission."

Thanks. This new system is a tad overwhelming.

You'll get used to it soon. Give it a few hours and it makes sense.

It does take a lot of time from loading from one mission to freemode all the time.

Seems there is nothing to really do after you beat the game, other than online but right now I'm not interested in that bugfest. I bought some planes, modded some cars and stuff, but there aren't enough garages and it's lame I can't buy more houses. I wanna be able to buy some huge house out in the desert or something with like 12 garages. The game was fun and great while I was going through the missions, but after that this just feels like there is something missing, I don't know what though.

Seems there is nothing to really do after you beat the game, other than online but right now I'm not interested in that bugfest. I bought some planes, modded some cars and stuff, but there aren't enough garages and it's lame I can't buy more houses. I wanna be able to buy some huge house out in the desert or something with like 12 garages. The game was fun and great while I was going through the missions, but after that this just feels like there is something missing, I don't know what though.

You did every single thing?
Damn, that's dedication!

I'd say, buy the Golf Course and then you are complete. :)

You'll get used to it soon. Give it a few hours and it makes sense.

It does take a lot of time from loading from one mission to freemode all the time.

The network issues are terrible. Gave up trying to play yesterday afternoon. Every time I tried to join a job I just got "download failed". Hopped on last night, joined a job, the screen zoomed out to over the city and had the "Loading" box in the lower right corner...and stayed there for five minutes. Finally I just restarted the game. Utterly ridiculous.

You did every single thing?
Damn, that's dedication!

I'd say, buy the Golf Course and then you are complete. :)
Yeah, I'm starting to get bored post story too, so a goal now is being able to comfortably buy the golf course and still have hundreds of millions in the bank.

BTW PIS has risen another ~30% and HAL about half that just since my post about stocks a couple of nights ago, so it's still possible to make a good bit of money there. With $50million per character in each stock I'm passively making about 10 million per character per day.

Yeah, I'm starting to get bored post story too, so a goal now is being able to comfortably buy the golf course and still have hundreds of millions in the bank.

BTW PIS has risen another ~30% and HAL about half that just since my post about stocks a couple of nights ago, so it's still possible to make a good bit of money there. With $50million per character in each stock I'm passively making about 10 million per character per day.

I just made ~22million off of PIS after about 2 hours. Just need to make a profit of around 200 million to be back to my 1.5 billion :D (After buying hangar, helipad and all the movie theatres)

I just made ~22million off of PIS after about 2 hours. Just need to make a profit of around 200 million to be back to my 1.5 billion :D (After buying hangar, helipad and all the movie theatres)
Have you by chance figured out how to/if you can store multiple aircraft in the hangars and helipads?

Have you by chance figured out how to/if you can store multiple aircraft in the hangars and helipads?

I know you can store multiple in the hangar(I bought a Luxor and the Rhino tank and I could choose which to take), haven't tried the helipad yet though.

I know you can store multiple in the hangar(I bought a Luxor and the Rhino tank and I could choose which to take), haven't tried the helipad yet though.
Maybe buying rather than stealing is the what allows them to stack. I, uh, didn't pay for any aircraft yet, but if I had a stolen one saved in either place, it was physically in the way of parking the new (stolen) one.

There's an undefended Buzzard on the roof at NOOSE HQ, and I've been successful in stealing the fighter jet from Fort Zancudo a few times. Also nobody seems to care what I steal at the airport after buying a hangar there, so I got a free Luxor that way, and then stole a jumbo jet and bailed out of that over the fort to steal the fighter jet.

Anyone had the flying car glitch? For some reason the wheels disappeared on a car I was driving and it was definitely hovering....

Maybe buying rather than stealing is the what allows them to stack. I, uh, didn't pay for any aircraft yet, but if I had a stolen one saved in either place, it was physically in the way of parking the new (stolen) one.

There's an undefended Buzzard on the roof at NOOSE HQ, and I've been successful in stealing the fighter jet from Fort Zancudo a few times. Also nobody seems to care what I steal at the airport after buying a hangar there, so I got a free Luxor that way, and then stole a jumbo jet and bailed out of that over the fort to steal the fighter jet.

I parked my fighter jet next to the other plane(This was the bought hangar) but I think if I fly it out it doesn't come back, and also I don't think I can select it, so if I select a bought one it disappears I think.

Plays great now , only thing is it keeps sending to facebook. Anyone got a solution?

Switched to Trevor, Lol WTF.

u0kLaUwl.jpg

FYI, there is a hardcap in money at around 2.1 billion, so get that much out of stocks and keep the rest in or it goes into the negatives(or if they fixed it, it just disappears).

FYI, there is a hardcap in money at around 2.1 billion, so get that much out of stocks and keep the rest in or it goes into the negatives(or if they fixed it, it just disappears).

Apparently Rockstar uses a 32-bit signed integer to represent the money.
So at x7FFFFFFF = 2147483647, but x7FFFFFFF + 1 = xFFFFFFFF = -1

:cool:

I fail to see the point of gta online. Ive joined a few sessions and havent seen anythinf different than the same random bs. These games are so over hyped

Trevor has some of the most absurd things he's doing with you switch to him, from that one to waking up in his underwear in the middle of the desert.

True. He was far and away the best thing about the game. If I had to play as Franklin the entire time and hear 'homie' and the 'N" word a billion times I would have quit early on. Lamar may be the most annoying dumb ass character in GTA history. I couldn't stand listening to that dumb shit talk. Needless to say I played a bit of GTA Online and everyone with a mic sounds like Lamar. Consoles man, consoles.

True. He was far and away the best thing about the game. If I had to play as Franklin the entire time and hear 'homie' and the 'N" word a billion times I would have quit early on. Lamar may be the most annoying dumb ass character in GTA history. I couldn't stand listening to that dumb shit talk. Needless to say I played a bit of GTA Online and everyone with a mic sounds like Lamar. Consoles man, consoles.

+1 thank you!
Lamar was one of the worst things about this game.
I remember one scene he must have said that at least 4 times per sentence. It was freakin annoying as hell.

Trevor has some of the most absurd things he's doing with you switch to him, from that one to waking up in his underwear in the middle of the desert.

Truly an unforgettable character.

Is the driving in this as bad as it is in GTAIV? I just booted it up out of curiosity, having not played it for so long, and was bothered that the brakes don't do shit except lock your car up when you turn.

I think the driving in GTA V is better, feels more weighty (at least until you go jumping off things/the countryside).

Also depends heavily on the car, they feel quite different from each other, from high speed exotic cars to muscle cars, sports, etc.

I think the driving in GTA V is better, feels more weighty (at least until you go jumping off things/the countryside).

Also depends heavily on the car, they feel quite different from each other, from high speed exotic cars to muscle cars, sports, etc.

I can't decide if I like GTA V better. I definitely like the variety in handling more, but the stuff that handles bad handles really bad. If anyone has done the stranger mission for Franklin that is the race, they give you a car. I forget the name, but this car cannot turn without sliding out of control; incredibly frustrating. I finally beat it by running away and finding a better car on the street.

I can't decide if I like GTA V better. I definitely like the variety in handling more, but the stuff that handles bad handles really bad. If anyone has done the stranger mission for Franklin that is the race, they give you a car. I forget the name, but this car cannot turn without sliding out of control; incredibly frustrating. I finally beat it by running away and finding a better car on the street.

Either go slowly around corners or use the wtflulz special ability that makes it a joke to corner.

I fail to see the point of gta online. Ive joined a few sessions and havent seen anythinf different than the same random bs. These games are so over hyped
Since you don't like GTA in general, I'm not sure why you thought you might like GTA Online. Just find a game you like to play and go play it.

A friend of mine is doing that same shit too. He doesn't like the GTA series and he bought GTA5 and has been bitching about it on FB (he can't even pass the first few mission lulz). Why the hell did you buy it then?!

A friend of mine is doing that same shit too. He doesn't like the GTA series and he bought GTA5 and has been bitching about it on FB (he can't even pass the first few mission lulz). Why the hell did you buy it then?!

Hype machine told them to. Seriously though GTA and COD are two games that casual gamers buy, it's that simple. Both are fratbro games to the max!

are they still working on the char dissapearing online? i have not touched gta v. i got so pissed when i saw my char went missing and had me make a new one, i had about 165k in the bank, 2 car garage and the bmw as well as the skyline. when i look at my profile online on rockstars website it says my char is level 1 and 165k in the bank, no other stats except how many races ive won/lost
i loaded up gta v the other night but my "new char" that it made me make is only there, wanted me to do the first race again, so i just shut it off. i was so mad, i was level 15 as well, i know it doesn't seem like a high level but it was a good 2 days of grinding for me and finding people to complete missions with, i know its a little easier now to join with people but still =/

Back