Grand theft auto V thread.

10/10 on IGN
98/100 on Metacritic consisting on 37 reviews

God damn it, I have to wait at least 12 hours if Amazon is being true and delivering tomorrow :(

Does anyone here know of a good FAST 16gb USB flashdrive for the xbox?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007YXA5TC

Hard to find faster than this for the price. Its basically an SSD on a stick. Ofcourse much faster than the USB2 ports on the X360 can even take advantage of, but I like buying future-proof so I can repurpose it for general PC use later on.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How many buildings can be entered in GTA5? I read that the mall/airport etc have no interiors? Or is that stuff only for GTA Online?

Sucks that the framerates are crap on the old ass consoles and that they will probably release a halfassed PC port two years from now.

Someone fill me in on the Map and how to use it?

Just got out of Franklin's house and go ta call to go meet that guy you dropped the cars off to but there's no waypoint showing me where to go and I assume you have to do it yourself.

edit - nm, start button lol.

I'm experiencing lock ups on my ps3 on mission "complications." Locks up when you get on Alta street following the gps. Got around it by going up an extra block and then died after losing fight. Now gets stuck at loading the mission. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Been playing since this afternoon, easily Game Of The Year.

Don't read any reviews just play, this is a game you lose yourself in. The definitive sandbox game. The juice is in the discovery.

Want a good look for Franklin: go to barber and get corn rows, full beard. At home change into black tank top, black shorts, construction boots. Now hes certified bad ass and people will back up the way they came if they want to keep their front teeth.

P.s. still need a reason to play? The girl that GameSpot allowed to review it knocked a whole point off and gave it a 9/10 for being "profoundly misogynistic". Hello its grand theft auto. That's like calling Django Unchained a racist movie, or assuming TheOnion is real news.

Anyway if that's not an endorsement I don't know what is :)

bought at midnight. Its now nearly 7am and I forced myself to stop playing and sleep but I cant stop thinking about sticking up gas stations and running from the police. So damn fun. Story is pretty epic too. I haven't got to trevor yet, but I like Franklin.

You sons of bitches. I want to play!

Grabbing the bundle after work, don't care that it'll be the third PS3 console I've bought. I'm keeping this one forever, like I did with my PS1 and PS2. Hell, it's about time...I regret selling the others.

I watched a few video reviews this morning before work and it was a terrible idea. Now I can't stop thinking about it.

I'm supposed to get it delivered by the end of the day. Mine shipped from Sparks Nevada at 12:30 this morning, made it to Menlo Park by 6 and now its out for delivery.

Just started reading the IGN review over morning coffee.

Mission checkpoints!

Want a good look for Franklin: go to barber and get corn rows, full beard. At home change into black tank top, black shorts, construction boots. Now hes certified bad ass and people will back up the way they came if they want to keep their front teeth.
Basically made him look like kimbo slice? :D

all for 200 bucks :D
2a65hk9.jpg

98/100 on Metacritic averaged from 37 reviews (so far)

Seems to be 10/10 on most sites.

I don't like reviews for GTA games from the major sites. They try to hard to get them out as fast as possible, when the game is that damn huge they just don't seem that accurate. Also, most of them have glaring issues that never get mentioned in those reviews, like the cover system in GTA 4 or the problems with the game confusing "take cover" with "jump off the edge", and issues like that.

It does sound like GTA 5 has a much better control scheme and better cover system. If they had any involvement with any developers from Red Dead Redemption, then I'll probably not have very many complaints.

my friend works @ Rockstar, we are all driving to his house to pick up our copies lol

Son of a bitch, mine is dicking around San Jose as we speak :(. Why is the closest UPS facility like an hour or more away :(

I'm hoping my weird "free" (read, probably actually more expensive than buying the game) games on release day routine works this time....we go to Dave and Busters a couple of times a month and get drunk and bank prize points, and they often stock new games on release day in their "winners circle", so I just go cash in my points on release day.

Got Dishonored and Bioshock Infinite both that way, so I guess we'll see. And if not, beer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pciGmXmE3uk

An actual review worth listening to. You're welcome.

I've been watching Adam's reviews for over 10 years. Just because when I first wake up I start with lighter fare doesn't mean I'm not moving onto to something more substantial as the coffee kicks in.

But I appreciate your attempt at trying to steer someone in a good direction.

I'm doing my best to take care of as many chores and honey-do's as possible today as I see my near future being booked.

I've been watching Adam's reviews for over 10 years. Just because when I first wake up I start with lighter fare doesn't mean I'm not moving onto to something more substantial as the coffee kicks in.

But I appreciate your attempt at trying to steer someone in a good direction.

I'm doing my best to take care of as many chores and honey-do's as possible today as I see my near future being booked.

Of course my good sir.

Also in your same shoes, as this game will occupy the next few days of my life for sure. Quite possibly the weekend as well, as THANKFULLY everyone has something to do this weekend, and I won't be bothered FOR ONCE.

So.... once again I feel the urge to go buy a GTA game. Despite the overabundance of evidence that I shouldn't (never finished GTA IV, huge backlog of other games, will soon be playing NBA 2k14 and NHL 14). Spent about an hour playing GTA IV about 2 months ago on a whim only to remember how much I find it a jack-of-all-trades master of none experience: the driving is mediocre, the combat is mediocre, the story is mediocre, the mini-games are mediocre, the graphics are terrible (who hit the de-saturate button).

It's like eating a giant bucket of vanilla ice-cream. First few bites are pretty tasty, but after a while you'll just end up feeling sick and wish you'd chosen a different option and you've still got 4000 bland calories to go and Roman wants to go bowling again.

Okay, maybe I've just talked myself out of it. Then again, all these gifs of fun stuff and a huge world.

Managed to not buy the new SimCity by playing a couple days of Cities XL, maybe I'll fire up Just Cause 2 and that will kill the open world urge for a while.

So.... once again I feel the urge to go buy a GTA game. Despite the overabundance of evidence that I shouldn't (never finished GTA IV, huge backlog of other games, will soon be playing NBA 2k14 and NHL 14). Spent about an hour playing GTA IV about 2 months ago on a whim only to remember how much I find it a jack-of-all-trades master of none experience: the driving is mediocre, the combat is mediocre, the story is mediocre, the mini-games are mediocre, the graphics are terrible (who hit the de-saturate button).

It's like eating a giant bucket of vanilla ice-cream. First few bites are pretty tasty, but after a while you'll just end up feeling sick and wish you'd chosen a different option and you've still got 4000 bland calories to go and Roman wants to go bowling again.

Okay, maybe I've just talked myself out of it. Then again, all these gifs of fun stuff and a huge world.

Managed to not buy the new SimCity by playing a couple days of Cities XL, maybe I'll fire up Just Cause 2 and that will kill the open world urge for a while.

I have the same feeling. I want to get GTA V for some reason but I never finished IV because of bugs and various reasons. I keep wavering, my brain tells me no but the little kid in me says get it.

There's almost zero reason NOT to get 5. It's nothing like 4 in the aspects you two have already mentioned. It's an entirely fresh experience, and the attention to detail is pretty mind boggling. It'll surely please.

While I thought 4 was a good game, I didn't particularly like it a whole bunch, mostly for the reasons already stated by people here, but it's a different direction for 5.

Did you just compare GTA5 to SimCity?
OH LAWD...whatever works for ya lol

Anyone else on a 360 notice like the black colours at night/shadows up close hav ea type of bleed/halo affect? Like the colour has been blown out and it's bleeding into things? Or is it just me?

It's like it has trouble displaying it properly in different shades.

Not my monitor though, movies/ps3 work fine, its just this game that is giving me this effect and I don't know if it's meant to or something is messed up.

Like at night up close to a shadow or such it's all wonky looking with the colours bleeding and looking all blown out.4

edit - I found a video showing what i'm talking about (NSFW video, it's in a strip club...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz0PNJs4-GU

See how in the dark area's the blacks look all blown out? Is it meant to be like that?

Last edited:
OH Ubisoft, touché
lol

DpnOwcs.jpg

Hey Rockstar LOOK!
It's PC hating Ubisoft releasing PC version day one! :-\
...and on PS360UOne4

Did you just compare GTA5 to SimCity?
OH LAWD...whatever works for ya lol

I'm not sure if that's exactly what he was doing, but I think what he was getting at is that he already had one type of a certain game (Cities), and didn't feel the urge to grab Sim City.

While I understand the comparison, I don't quite think that GTA 5 really has a substitute, and it surely isn't fair to try to without giving it a fair chance.

Often wondered what a GTA game would look like with a dominant design lead 'creator' type in charge rather than design by committee. Vice City seemed like a more bold local choice, but ultimately only seemed skin deep. Would be amazing to see a full blown Taxi Driver inspired 1970's version of Liberty City.

Back