Grand Theft Auto V Delayed On PC

HardOCP News

[H] News
Rockstar announced this morning that it will be pushing back the launch of GTA V for the PC to March 24, 2015.

Our apologies for the slight shift in the date but the game requires a few extra weeks of testing and polish to make it as good as can be. Moving a release date is never a decision we take lightly and is a choice we make only when we know it is in the best interests of the game and our fans. Thanks everyone for your understanding and we assure you these few extra weeks will be worth it when the game does arrive in March.

As expected.

I don't think anyone *really* expected to be playing this in a few weeks.

I'll worry about getting this when it shows up on steam for 1/2 off (already been playing it on the Xbox 360 and Xbone) LOL

That is the worst thing I have heard all year! HAH Kidding!
I am glad they are taking the time to "Polish" their merchandise before giving it to the world! (BF4, Win, iOS8)

Yup, I'm good with this. As much as I REALLY want to play it, as much as it sucks to know that people on consoles are playing...I'd much rather have a polished game vs a rushed game. Especially since this is one of the few that'll probably be a day one purchase for me.

At least they don't release a broke game. I can respect that. I'd rather wait for a polished game. Hell I waited long enough, I can wait longer.

I could see this going 2 ways:

1. They take the extra time and actually fix bugs and polish.
2. They take the extra time and the shit is still a shitty port.

My money is on 2.

good, I would rather play DA:I or shadow of mordor and wait for this to be finished unlike FC3

This is good. The company is addressing certain bugs in the game and is releasing a more polished version. If certain companies did this, games would not be broken on day 1.

My money is on 2.

Agreed.

Trying to remember if any developer has ever delayed a game for reasons stated above and actually release the game without blaring bugs the community finds day 1.

I really hope they can pull it off with the extra time.

I totally agree with waiting till its ready, but i cannot help but wonder if this has more to do with trying to get more sales on the next gen systems, because they where over shadowed by the record breaking sales of last gen systems. If they launch PC too close to the next gen launch, that hurts next gen in the long run. Either way PC gamers are second fiddle to the cash cow kiddie consoles. Between steam sales, and Humble bundle, PC gamers have more than enough games to play, plus its a new year and it looks good for PC :)

It seems the intern they brought on board to port GTA V to PC had to go back to college, now we have to wait until spring break :(

The system specs are out.
Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...tent=gtavpc&utm_campaign=gtavpcspecs_01132015

65gb? Holy smokes! I guess bf4 with expansions is about 55gb. Looks like my ssd needs to get bigger.

My money is on 2.

Hahahaha

Agreed.

Trying to remember if any developer has ever delayed a game for reasons stated above and actually release the game without blaring bugs the community finds day 1.

I really hope they can pull it off with the extra time.

Battlefield hardline was pushed back to March 17 (Originally set for OCT 2014)
This push back for GTA may be a Marketing scheme to compete with EA Sales.
My .02

If this helps to eliminate game breaking bugs I'm all for it. -- Yes I know I know there's likely to be the typical server overcrowding and DDoS attacks upon Rockstar's Servers, so I'll likely not try to get in on Day 1

On the up side of things, this has now given me another reason to save up & buy a 4K HD Tv for my living room.

Well done!

I endorse this position.

I don't. They couldn't get it going with what like a full year after its initial release? I'm still not going to buy a PS3 or a PS4 but this is pretty pathetic on their part. Gross. And if it still sucks as in poorly optimized.. I will laugh and cry.

My money is on 2.

Agreed. I don't recall a time in recent memory where a game was repeatedly delayed like this and then came out as a polished, finishing product.

Dammit! This news makes me want to pick up a hooker and beat her to get my money back.

Minimum specifications:
DVD Drive

58040742.jpg

:rolleyes:

Meh, I've waited this long, so it's not going to be much of a bother to wait a little more. Hope they are true to their word and release a higher quality (read: less bug-ridden) product. If it is a quality product, then I'll probably still wait my usual 2-4 months after launch so that initial patches can be released.

Looks like the rumored modest requirements turned out to be true. GTX 660 or HD7870!

But 65 gigs ... Is this going to come on 8 discs?!

But 65 gigs ... Is this going to come on 8 discs?!

They could (and probably should) release a Blu-ray edition/option for those that want a physical copy. Should be no chore at all to get a 65GB game with compressed install packages on a single 50GB disc. Hell, they could probably even do it on one single-layer 25GB disc. Tack on $5-10 more for this "special edition" and make some extra coin, as I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to pay a small premium for such.

At least they don't release a broke game. I can respect that. I'd rather wait for a polished game. Hell I waited long enough, I can wait longer.

That's is rubbish, GTA4 was a broken mess when it came out. The retarded social club and Live requirements didn't help either, it took hours to get that sorted out only to find the game being a mess. It took a while for them to fix stuff and also have massive performance issues. It's good that at least they say they are trying to fix things, so if that's the case then I'm all for it. Previous games were better though.

That is the worst thing I have heard all year! HAH Kidding!
I am glad they are taking the time to "Polish" their merchandise before giving it to the world! (BF4, Win, iOS8)

Huh? BF4 was flawless for me from launch, as was Win8.

As expected.

I don't think anyone *really* expected to be playing this in a few weeks.

Why not? It's been in development for translation to the PC for years. Why would we expect a last-minute delay?

65gb? Holy smokes! I guess bf4 with expansions is about 55gb. Looks like my ssd needs to get bigger.

My hope is for a digital download that is compressed and then decompresses a lot of textures and what not.... however I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of that is audio that is not compressed much at all, presumably all the radio stations?

This pisses me off. I wouldn't be so pissed if didn't announce 4 days ago that the game wasn't going to be delayed, on top of delaying this game multiple times in the past. I have a large amount of down time coming up due to a surgery and was really hoping to play the game during recovery. Now I don't know if I'll bother picking it up.

I commend Rockstar for delaying the game to get it right, instead of publishing an unfinished, unpolished game on the PC. We've had enough of those. About time someone did it right.

Good, I like not broken properly put together games. Also those system specs seem quite reasonable, hardly surprising considering how well Max Payne 3 ran on PC.

Agreed. I don't recall a time in recent memory where a game was repeatedly delayed like this and then came out as a polished, finishing product.

Wasn't Max Payne 3 pretty damn good? It was delayed a couple times iirc.

the Ubisoft effect...now developers are being extra careful with their releases...even if it means multiple delays...they'd rather piss people off with delays then release a broken game

the Ubisoft effect...now developers are being extra careful with their releases...even if it means multiple delays...they'd rather piss people off with delays then release a broken game

The only people that are pissed off are the morons who pre-order games.

"Delayed!? I want it now so I can complain how unfinished it is!!":mad::mad:

Back