Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition

I just really want to know if the physics and driving will be affected by the change to Unreal Engine.. and how it will feel. And also the track selection, if it will stay the same or be changed due to licensing.

I'm looking forward to this. I never got too far in GTA: SA because of the graphics and physics, even when it was released I thought it was janky and just too ugly. GTA4 and 5 felt so much better to play. I thought GTA 3 felt good on release too. But for some reason SA just felt like some indie F2P crap in the graphics/physics department

I just really want to know if the physics and driving will be affected by the change to Unreal Engine.. and how it will feel. And also the track selection, if it will stay the same or be changed due to licensing.

I'm looking forward to this. I never got too far in GTA: SA because of the graphics and physics, even when it was released I thought it was janky and just too ugly. GTA4 and 5 felt so much better to play. I thought GTA 3 felt good on release too. But for some reason SA just felt like some indie F2P crap in the graphics/physics department
I don't think these games have aged all that well. Just upscaling the resolution slightly won't fix it. Expect to be underwhelmed. This is a cash grab.

I don't think these games have aged all that well. Just upscaling the resolution slightly won't fix it. Expect to be underwhelmed. This is a cash grab.
Pretty much, but also hard to say until we get more details and footage/images of them. I bet it'll be $60 too across all platforms except mobile.

I'm more annoyed that with all the success and money GTA5 and RDR2 got, they never even patched them for PS4 Pro/XBone X or next gen consoles, and are just now porting GTA5 to PS5 for another cash grab. Outside of multiplayer, Rockstar is super lazy on post-launch game support with their current games despite their games topping sales charts for years after launch (in GTA5's case at least). I know that's what PC is for, but these types of games, I really prefer to play from the couch on a larger TV, where my wife can watch as well if she wants.

I take back what I said before about this not being worth $60 now.

It looks significantly better and the quality of life improvements like better controls and instant mission restarts are sweet.

Only concerning part is the "up to 60 FPS" on next gen consoles. I'm sorry, but if we can have games like God of War running at full 4K/60 on PS5, there's no reason this shouldn't still even with the graphical improvements. If anything, they should be running DRS and they should have said "up to 4K at 60 FPS." But I'm assuming this is just a case of bad PR writing and it'll be locked at 60 regardless.

I did not watch the video yet (can only do without sound at work) but I don't remember controls being that bad, I mean there were barely any functions in the games.

I did not watch the video yet (can only do without sound at work) but I don't remember controls being that bad, I mean there were barely any functions in the games.
Honestly, it wasn't until GTA4 that the controls started being workable in a modern sense. This isn't to say that GTA4 didn't have it's physic issues...but the aiming and things made the game better overall. I'll take the GTAV controls. But, to be fair, the fan mods really already did most of this.

Been a while since I've played the older game, but I don't remember disliking the controls for them. Granted, I played them all with a PC gamepad, but but it worked fine.
As compelling as GTA4's world was, the physics were crazy. All the cars controlled like a rear-wheel-drive pickup on ice. The flying vehicles had controls that overlapped moving up with moving forward. Boats were the one thing that felt normal.

Been a while since I've played the older game, but I don't remember disliking the controls for them. Granted, I played them all with a PC gamepad, but but it worked fine.
As compelling as GTA4's world was, the physics were crazy. All the cars controlled like a rear-wheel-drive pickup on ice. The flying vehicles had controls that overlapped moving up with moving forward. Boats were the one thing that felt normal.
I remember the same. I don't recall ever having any issues with the controls using mouse & keyboard or controller. Aiming was always a pain in the GTA3 trilogy, but that was an issue with the game engine.

I remember the same. I don't recall ever having any issues with the controls using mouse & keyboard or controller. Aiming was always a pain in the GTA3 trilogy, but that was an issue with the game engine.
Yeah, I've tried playing Liberty City Stories which was only available on console, and had to take it back to the store the aiming was so bad. Had zero problems on PC with mouse+KB. It would be great if the remaster included liberty city stories but I doubt it.

San Andreas is still by far the most fun GTA. Vice City was brilliant, too. These games had really fun missions. GTA 4 and 5 was just a bunch of filler missions where they expected the engine to carry everything (it doesn't). GTA 4 in particular had incredibly sluggish controls not only in regards to the vehicles but controlling the character as well. GTA 4 also had the worst aiming due to built-in mouse acceleration which is unable to register small mouse movements (yikes!).

With San Andreas, Rockstar knew what they had to do to make a fun game. GTA 4 introduced a system that throws pointless errand missions at you. GTA 4 also took itself too seriously in regards to the story. If they more focused on wacky and zany missions, it might have been more fun.

I think GTA 5 did a good job recapturing some of the magic of SA. But again it felt distracted by trying to tell some sort story. If I wanted a good story, I'd read a book or watch a movie. Videogames and storytelling are irreconcilable as far as fun goes.

I was excited when i read about the remasters, but i just checked the system requrements and seems like i wont playing it without a system upgrade :(

DF's GTA3 analysis dropped. It's pretty bad all around. And a 30 FPS mode, at any resolution or IQ settings on a game like this on current gen consoles is laughable.

I Couldn't disagree more.

Rockstar might be incapable of telling a meaningful story, but that's their fault entirely.
I don't think any videogame developers tell competent stories. Videogame storylines are on par with internet-generated fan fiction.

So depending where your artistic standards lay, a story centric videogame can be a lot of fun, or it could be nails on a chalkboard. To me I appreciate originality and proper pacing, which you rarely find in a videogame story.

The best videogames are always the ones that don't take the story too seriously. Always has been the case. If I wanted a competent story, I'd go to a medium where story is actually important, rather than dumpster diving through videogames for stories.

The extent I enjoy those stories is to the extent that they create fodder for American Krogan content where he dissects these stories and reveals them for the low-IQ propaganda they are (Bioshock I'm looking at you!)

I don't think any videogame developers tell competent stories. Videogame storylines are on par with internet-generated fan fiction.

So depending where your artistic standards lay, a story centric videogame can be a lot of fun, or it could be nails on a chalkboard. To me I appreciate originality and proper pacing, which you rarely find in a videogame story.

The best videogames are always the ones that don't take the story too seriously. Always has been the case. If I wanted a competent story, I'd go to a medium where story is actually important, rather than dumpster diving through videogames for stories.

The extent I enjoy those stories is to the extent that they create fodder for American Krogan content where he dissects these stories and reveals them for the low-IQ propaganda they are (Bioshock I'm looking at you!)
TLDR version: Bull fucking shit.

It's very rare that a game can stand on gameplay alone. Most action games are tedious and repetitive. To make me want to go through all that tedium they need to keep me interested in the story. If there is no story, or it is not interesting, I'll get bored with the game sooner rather than later, and quit playing it.

And don't come at me with this condescending attitude, "if you like videogames with stories then you have bad taste". It's one thing to have an opinion, it's entirely another thing to diss everyone who has a different opinion. So get off your high horse please. As if movies have so much better stories, like the MCU right? Don't make me laugh.

The best videogames are the ones that have a meaningful story in conjunction with good gameplay. The games that don't take the story seriously are forgettable, no matter how well they nail the gameplay.

American Krogan, pfff, just another ultra conservative pundit, with some seriously bad takes, who occasionally stumbles on something he is right about. How about forming your own thoughts instead of parroting what someone says on the internet? Because we all know the internet is always right! Except when they are not and propagating total nonsense, which their fans pick up and run with it as if it's their first hand experience. Second hand opinions, it used to be called hearsay.

Just watching that video, the games (visually) look good in the max fidelity mode. I kinda like SA without the constant yellow filter. Makes me wonder if they'll ever get things properly dialed in. It doesn't really matter to PC gamers, but this could have been good for console folks.

Haha what the fuck. I had no idea who this was so I dared to look.

He's apparently been banned from YouTube for weird Jewish conspiracy shit, and it took all of 5 minutes to stumble upon an argument for sending African American people to Liberia on his Twitter feed. Also he can't be classified as a neo Nazi because he volunteered at a Venezuelan soup kitchen or some shit.

But he's totally cracked open BioShock like a geode and the truth is upon us. As soon as he finishes his PragerU citations, I'm sure.

What a ridiculous take.

Back