Grand Theft Auto Online Launch Thread.

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
I know, I know. There is another Grand Theft Auto 5 thread.

But GTA Online should be separate, not only being indifferent to the SP but its launching today!
*UPDATE*
Definitely available to download, I have made a character and then failed to connect to any further of GTA: Online. I'm guessing their servers are a bit maxed out? Lol

Place your thoughts, inquiries, pissed off moments here ! About GTA online

Last edited:
I got to make my character and save him then bam the online isn't working at all now. No solo session either, it keeps saying server unavailable. You would think in two weeks they would of had this working but sure there is a lot of people trying to play it online right now.

We may or may not to get to play online today...seems the servers are still down.

Been trying to play. So many things wrong with it. For instance I just jumped back in and my guy was in first person view and I couldn't do anything. Had to dashboard out. And it might be me but the game doesn't look as good as the single player version.

Times out when I try to play last team/man standing. Other than that I can play other missions.

Well I'm trying to play now. I guess we will see how this turns out. My first attempt it didnt save my character; awesome!

Typical "we didn't expect 90% of purchasers of GTA V to use the online component so we had 2 old Celeron boxes as login servers" when the target demographic for this game are people who are online 24/7 with other devices.

Another great example of poor planning. I guess it saves a buck or two.

Typical "we didn't expect 90% of purchasers of GTA V to use the online component so we had 2 old Celeron boxes as login servers" when the target demographic for this game are people who are online 24/7 with other devices.

They only sold $800 million in software in the first few days, they need to save money to keep food on the table!

What an incredible embarrassment.
This is worst than Googles Nexus 4 launch, lolllllll

Hilarious. Makes me wonder if EA secretly publishes the game or does the work on the network end of things lol

Rockstar did say there would be issues but i thought i would at least get to play a little bit online!

Apparently Xbox users have access to this and are playing, I'm seeing people post level 8 already, we got an XBOX user to confirm this?

Stuck at 3. Last time I played was in the afternoon. Haven't been able to logged in since. :mad:

Any luck yet? I'm going to be playing GTA all day today, one way or the other ha ha.

Been at it for an hour and a half. More then half of that spent in loading screens. The rest of the time I'm forced to play solo missions. Haven't played with anyone else so far. Keeps dropping the session host and loads back to single player. Whole process is extremely slow. Timeouts etc.

Overall this is horrible. The online looks worse for some reason.

Ruined my sp save as well. Can't switch characters, missions don't activate etc.

Using the character creator was super frustrating for me. The disc drive in my PS3 was constantly spinning up and spinning down as I changed the different settings. It was about as enjoyable as scraping my nails along a chalkboard.

I still have not been able to get online, just times out.

I'm waiting for a week before I even try. I just don't feel like getting frustrated and having my save file fucked with. I may feel that way in a week though.

I'm waiting for a week before I even try. I just don't feel like getting frustrated and having my save file fucked with. I may feel that way in a week though.[/QUOTE

I'm with you on that. When I hear it's fully working I'll play it until then nba2k14 gets my time

I have seen some online game videos of it and it looks like some people are having fun in open roam. These were xbox users. Not many "Missions" though.
I have been hearing a lot of just ganking people for money is going around. Are all these people just joining games in progress or has anyone made their own game with invite only?

Got on a deathmatch today and it kicked it me about five minutes in.
Tomorrows another day :(

I'm going to try it here in a second, I'll let you know what happens.

They really need to publicly fire someone/some group over this. It is an advertised feature that wasn't ready for launch and with the extra time they can't get it running right. What pisses me off is that I'm stuck at the tutorial. The 40 hours or whatever it takes to beat gta5 isn't good enough? Also the launching system sucks. It gives you a fraction of a second to say hey don't load a save game and go online. Just wastes more time. Give me a way to go in it directly instead of waiting for my save game to load so you can bitch at me to save the 5 seconds I was in it.

Another thing that is pissing me off when it messes up(I finally got in but the race just doesn't show up) my start button doesn't come up to bring up the menu. I have to go back to dash board to get out.

Hilarious. Makes me wonder if EA secretly publishes the game or does the work on the network end of things lol

It would seem like it wouldn't it? If Rockstar kills the online and says give us 30 bucks a month to get it back then yea I'd say EA had something to do with it.

I'm able to free roam and do robberies with people, but that's about it! My guy hasn't been deleted yet, but shits all scattered.

There a group for this? Anyone on 360 who can play?

I must be lucky, I have been able to get online and play for the most part since it came out. If there's issues with the servers (IE "Rockstar servers unabiliable) just restart the game, takes maybe 2-3 tries for it to work.

My gamertag is Stiler if anyone wants to play some.

Yeah dude, Xbox had almost no problems, it was is ps3 people who couldn't.
Everything seems legit now, add me on mscoolmusic

GTA forums indicates otherwise, though ps3 seemed more frequent.
With my fudged save, I just played for 3 hours, blowing shit up and getting killed. Stuck playing as Trevor, Trevor gets a call from..... Trevor and then I was able to switch characters again.

Everyone I know who has it on 360 couldn't get online. Best I heard my coworker was able to create his character but never got to play him.

I decided to try Online out last night before going to bed. This was 11:30pm eastern time. Xbox 360, I was able to create a character, go through the first video and Lamar picked me up and once I entered the car to start the race, it went to the Launching, then just sat there. I left the game there and went to bed since I have heard people say it could take like an hour. This morning, came down and it was still on the same screen, Launching....
I had to just press the Xbox button and go to the Home Blade. I hope this didn't screw up my single player save.
I knew I shouldn't have tried it yet..

I was able to get in, create my character, get picked up by Lamar, do the race, steal the drugs, rob the convenient store, get my car, then got to a LMS match and nobody was on to join lol. So, after that I roamed around robbing stores and running from cops. Hopefully more people will be on in the coming days.

Five people on my friends list last night showed that they were online.
So aggravating.

I was able to get in, create my character, get picked up by Lamar, do the race, steal the drugs, rob the convenient store, get my car, then got to a LMS match and nobody was on to join lol. So, after that I roamed around robbing stores and running from cops. Hopefully more people will be on in the coming days.

I couldn't get on all yesterday until last night around 11:30. I did all the things you mentioned and i haven't been able to get back on since.. :mad:

My wife was playing it late this morning, but after finishing the first race it kept loading so she just quit. Also, the character creator seems to really come out with really ugly women for some reason.

Back