Grand Theft Auto On Google Glass

HardOCP News

[H] News
At first I thought this was going to be another stupid use for Google Glass but, as it turns out, this is a pretty neat idea. This would be fun to try if you had $1,500 to spare on a GPS app for GTA. ;)

Mr. DiGiovanni came up with the idea while playing "Grand Theft Auto V," or GTA5, the latest version of the wildly successful Rockstar Games franchise. Playing the game on an 80-inch projection screen made it difficult for him to simultaneously monitor the game's characters and the GPS map. As an avid Glass user and developer, he sought to create a Glassware solution.

So he developed it for GTAIII, a 12 year old game?

I'm kinda impressed but also kinda 'meh.'

Wait so this guy couldn't make the app for GTA V,so tried GTA IV and failed but managed to get GTA 3 working? Sounds like how I pick up women in a bar

I got to a bar and try my luck with the hot young girl and fail. So I move to the slightly older woman, she's been about a bit and still looks good but she's still not interested so I hit on her mother. Sure she's looking a bit ropey, She's old and rough round the edges but she's willing to play along so I have a tinker and stuff works. Awesome.

Despite his inability to execute this in a modern game, the idea itself has some merit. Or it will, when the Glass, or rather when the next generation of affordable Glass like devices eventually hit shelves. When that happens, I could see this becoming a common type of community patch, or even developer add on, for some games that would benefit from having additional info available on a second HUD. Removing the HUD from the primary screen, and just having it on the Glass like device even has some appeal to me.

Wait so this guy couldn't make the app for GTA V,so tried GTA IV and failed but managed to get GTA 3 working? Sounds like how I pick up women in a bar

I got to a bar and try my luck with the hot young girl and fail. So I move to the slightly older woman, she's been about a bit and still looks good but she's still not interested so I hit on her mother. Sure she's looking a bit ropey, She's old and rough round the edges but she's willing to play along so I have a tinker and stuff works. Awesome.

Having just gotten up to my room at Harrah at 1:30 (alone), this post is full of Win, as I just watched it happening live! (pretty sure Skirrow isn't in Reno with me right now, though...)

Playing the game on an 80-inch projection screen made it difficult for him to simultaneously monitor the game's characters and the GPS map.

Don't sit a foot away from the screen?

Before glass was announced, and they had that slick full view demo video, my first thought was "we need GTA style light pillars in addition to turn by turn navigation."

Heck, even in non navigation settings, I would like to have a pillar of light rise up from the ground to the heavens so I could find my car in a crowded lot.

Before glass was announced, and they had that slick full view demo video, my first thought was "we need GTA style light pillars in addition to turn by turn navigation."

Heck, even in non navigation settings, I would like to have a pillar of light rise up from the ground to the heavens so I could find my car in a crowded lot.

That would be awesome. As a bonus, we would get to hear stories about some some highly intelligent people following the things directions off a cliff, or into the ocean, or some other ridiculously obvious hazard. :p

Back