Grand Theft Auto IV

Id like to know this as well. The last time I read Rockstar said they had no plans on bring Red dead to the PC

Yeah...they've said that before with previous GTAs (and eventually released them), but I haven't seen any new info since then on RDR. I'd be bummed if we never saw it..

It's one of the best looking games on PC, up there with Crysis and Metro 2033 when you consider the scale, don't know what some of you guys are talking about. Rockstar's PC titles never disappoint.

6e1d936831296656f25902b88e2f9dd325657275.jpg

a4c6fc20c0947d4f606cd2c1d47f1b5f11274de6.jpg

95ad45b2189ab613d276310bcc6809d2da9438a7.jpg

Those are all screens from vanilla GTA IV. It can look even better with mods..

4LC4PON3 - I'm not sure if trainers work with the steam version of the game, but there are weather and time adjustments in the simple trainer v6.2 mod that allow you to change the weather to 'extra sunny2' that is very bright and clear compared to the standard sun setting. The time settings I just lock at noon so its the brightest/clearest

The game looks alright,but there places were the framerates just bottom out.

I got a newer version of that trainer mod running now. its pretty kick ass. I love being able to choose any car I want.

Last edited:
Even looking at those photos the game doesnt hold up too me personally. I have the game maxed at 1920x1080 and just wish it was a touch better. I didnt know about the mods, i just bought it on that steam sale, would any of them work on that?
Thank you guys

It's one of the best looking games on PC, up there with Crysis and Metro 2033 when you consider the scale, don't know what some of you guys are talking about. Rockstar's PC titles never disappoint.

Those are all screens from vanilla GTA IV. It can look even better with mods..

I dont know what your looking at but Graphically its no where near Crysis or Metro 2033. It is a good looking game but I just dont see it.

Last edited:
Guys, it's starting to feel like Gamespot around here. This and the 'Sad Days For The PC' thread lead me to suspect that it's just a matter of time before somebody creates a thread in which we're asked what our top five games of all time are.

i love GTA4 on the PC. i love being to mod any car i want.

like my Bilista Compact? its now a 370z with Rear wheel drive.
gtaiv2011010704180138.png

i got rid of that "Cavaclade" and now it's a real Esclade.
gtaiv2011010704211511.png

i have about 10 other cars modded. i like seeing real life cars in my game, it adds to the gameplay

Last edited:
Even looking at those photos the game doesnt hold up too me personally. I have the game maxed at 1920x1080 and just wish it was a touch better. I didnt know about the mods, i just bought it on that steam sale, would any of them work on that?
Thank you guys

I think they look pretty great considering the size of the world and the fact that there are no loading screens as you drive from one end of the city to the other. What do you find lacking, specifically? I think the trees could look a bit better, but I can't say I looked at them much or that the way they looked removed me from the experience.

Check this thread for mods, but verify first that they will work with Steam...

I think they look pretty great considering the size of the world and the fact that there are no loading screens as you drive from one end of the city to the other. What do you find lacking, specifically? I think the trees could look a bit better, but I can't say I looked at them much or that the way they looked removed me from the experience.

Check this thread for mods, but verify first that they will work with Steam...

Thats the caveat... you have to consider the size of the world. Like I said earlier, nothing in GTA IV (or any other GTA game) looks good when compared to other games, but the idea is that when you add all those so-so looking objects together, you get a full and vibrant city which looks better when viewed as a whole. You trade individual objects/characters looking great for a massive sweeping city that feels alive. But in no way does it compare with Crysis. Not even a little bit. It just looks "pretty good" when you take in the whole picture and considder the size. Even then, it could look MUCH better. Take Just Cause 2 for example. It looks in many ways better than GTA IV, is just as large (actually, it's much larger), and does a decent job of making you feel like it's a real living environment... and does so MUCH more efficiently (the same goes for Mafia 2, but in a smaller scale). Of course, you don't get to bang hookers and play darts in seedy bars.

I want games that push my hardware, but there needs to be a pay off. It shouldn't tax my system just for the sake of taxing my system like GTA IV does. I'd like a bit more eye candy for my core temps :D

i have about 10 other cars modded. i like seeing real life cars in my game, it adds to the gameplay

It is awesome seeing real cars, but just as good are the dune buggys, monster trucks, f1 cars and supercars. Plus once you start editing the handling.dat file you can start goin 179mph instead of the normal max ~110mph. With nitro the stock cars (F620) max at like 155mph. Also, while you're making them faster, you can make them weigh 99,999lbs so when you hit other cars, peds, etc @ 179mph they go flyyyyyyyyyyyyyying.

Back