Grand Theft Auto 5

so its a San Andreas remake on the GTA4 engine with some tweaks?

Wouldn't bother me too much but who knows how credible the stuff in that link really is?

I sincerely hope Rockstar doesn't take the lazy route on this next game considering how long the intervals will have been between 4 and 5 by the time 5 comes out.

so its a San Andreas remake on the GTA4 engine with some tweaks?
GTA4 was a remake of GTA3 on a new engine.

I sincerely hope Rockstar doesn't take the lazy route on this next game considering how long the intervals will have been between 4 and 5 by the time 5 comes out.
I thought they took the lazy route with 4.
The only difference this time is, they don't have to design a new game engine, they already have one.

The only faint glimmer of hope I see is the fact that MS has decided they're really going to stick with the long in the tooth 360 through 2013 or so if I read that correctly.

I dunno how this will work out, to me it feels there's tension in the market like an elastic band being wound and tightened slowly over time the longer we stagnate the bigger the gap between the console generation and the next generation becomes and the tighter that band gets. That difference can only continue for so long before something snaps, and it won't be subtle and happen over time I think games will take a fairly violent leap forwards.

It could be that jump wont happen until the new consoles are released but I suspect that we'll see it in some capacity before then, I'm fairly sure when it happens it won't be slow or subtle, it will snap back and we'll see quality jump significantly within a short space of time.

I dunno how this will work out, to me it feels there's tension in the market like an elastic band being wound and tightened slowly over time the longer we stagnate the bigger the gap between the console generation and the next generation becomes and the tighter that band gets. That difference can only continue for so long before something snaps, and it won't be subtle and happen over time I think games will take a fairly violent leap forwards.

It could be that jump wont happen until the new consoles are released but I suspect that we'll see it in some capacity before then, I'm fairly sure when it happens it won't be slow or subtle, it will snap back and we'll see quality jump significantly within a short space of time.

Agreed and I hope that snap happens ASAP.

Kind of regretted getting GTA IV. I'll buy it this christmas when it comes on sale (and I can finally run it) but paying full price at release for the 360 made me feel like a mug.

I'm kind of done with GTA games now, I think, unless they pull something spectacular out of the hat. I even tried going back and playing SA, the last one I remember being any good, and it just seemed a bit pants :(

The saving grace for GTA for me were fan mods, especially the first person mod that just changed the nature of the game and let me enjoy just exploring the city from a 1st person perspective. I just spent most of my time exploring instead of doing all the missions.

GTA4 was a remake of GTA3 on a new engine.

I thought they took the lazy route with 4.
The only difference this time is, they don't have to design a new game engine, they already have one.

Except a completely different map and all new characters....

Been playing the GTA series since GTAII. Easily more hours into this series than any other.

I'd like to see a map with more varied terrain like SA, the country side as well as the mountain were great. Planes (JETS!) would be awesome to bring back. I really liked biking around in SA (super bunny-hop FTW) GTA4 + mods/trainers makes just about a perfect game in my opinion, hopefully GTA5 will have a good way to incorporate cheats (like the cell phone) to make the mayhem that much more mayhem-ier.

Super excited for the trailer, and even more excited for the release date. I've been looking forward to this since a few months after GTA4 came out. Here's to hoping for an amazing numero cinco.

LjY0K.png

^^ sounds more credible than anything else that's been posted like that dumb article that claimed it was LA because Rockstar already rendered LA for LA Noir - forgetting that Team Bondi is not really Rockstar (and bankrupt now IIRC).

... beware though... there are a lot of fakes out there, so it's hard to tell what the real one is. I'm looking forward to the official release tomorrow.

... beware though... there are a lot of fakes out there, so it's hard to tell what the real one is. I'm looking forward to the official release tomorrow.

Me, too. I'm going to ignore everything else until I see that.

Dedicated. Servers. PC...

Has anyone here, successfully, played online in GTA4PC in the last year? I'm pretty sure nobody plays online, or the matchmaking is so broken nobody plays online. Just an observation... I would enjoy dedicated servers, I think.

I can't wait for this. I've loved them all, especially ever since I ran over my first group of 12 orange clad 'religous'. :p

Fuck this game for online. It's up to the devs to craft a decent tale as far as GTA goes these days. We all know it'll be fun otherwise, i.e: 10 minutes or death freestyle rounds :D

I can't wait for this. I've loved them all, especially ever since I ran over my first group of 12 orange clad 'religous'. :p

Fuck this game for online. It's up to the devs to craft a decent tale as far as GTA goes these days. We all know it'll be fun otherwise, i.e: 10 minutes or death freestyle rounds :D

GOURANGA!

What?
OK...

I just want everything they fucked up in 4(online everything), fixed. Don't know what you're going on about...

I hope it launches before the holiday season. I really don't want to wait a year for this to be released. Just got the GTA pack on steam to go back and play through 'em all in the mean time I guess.

...Rockstar criticizing capitalism?

wat

Have you never ever GTA? Rockstar makes fun of any and everything (especially popular culture). This game will be no different :)

Dedicated. Servers. PC...

I wouldn't hold your breath.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm not.
Definitely caught my eye from that rumor though. It would completely fix the game for me.
GTA4PC's multiplayer was/is broken. No players. EVER. Empty lobbies with a broken matchmaking system. I wont play full price if I cant enjoy the multiplayer, like I did when I had it on X360.

Here's hoping....

so the main character is Tommy from GTA Vice City? It is being said that it is. Ray doing the voice of him and he's an older guy now.

So it seems like a modern sequel for Vice City.

so the main character is Tommy from GTA Vice City? It is being said that it is. Ray doing the voice of him and he's an older guy now.

So it seems like a modern sequel for Vice City.

Did you watch the trailer? :confused:

It's a return to San Andreas.

Did you watch the trailer? :confused:

It's a return to San Andreas.

The guy talking, doing the voice over, is Ray Liotta (aka Tommy from Vice City).

We see him throughout the trailer.

Also it seems that CJ is also in the game.

Apparantly some people are thinking that Rockstar is bring in some of the main characters from the GTA Games, CJ, Tommy, side characters from vc, etc.

It's set in SA but Tommy is in it (hence why he says he moved, plus he's obviously a lot older now).

Can not wait for this :D

The over all detail level and asset density looks promising. Here is hoping the story will be captivating.

The guy talking, doing the voice over, is Ray Liotta (aka Tommy from Vice City).

We see him throughout the trailer.

Also it seems that CJ is also in the game.

Apparantly some people are thinking that Rockstar is bring in some of the main characters from the GTA Games, CJ, Tommy, side characters from vc, etc.

It's set in SA but Tommy is in it (hence why he says he moved, plus he's obviously a lot older now).
Really?
GTA 4 was in Liberty City but Claude was nowhere to be found. You can put the game in San Andreas and make a new character. There's millions of people living there. I still don't see CJ or Tommy anywhere in this trailer.

Really?
GTA 4 was in Liberty City but Claude was nowhere to be found. You can put the game in San Andreas and make a new character. There's millions of people living there. I still don't see CJ or Tommy anywhere in this trailer.

Tommy is the older guy, the one you see standing overlooking the city. He's the one talking throughout the trailer about how he moved there, tried to retire and things.

I didnt play SA a lot but from what people are saying, CJ is the guy running from the police in the trailer. I'm not sure though.

Back