Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Delay Confirmed

HardOCP News

[H] News
The gang at Shacknews has confirmed that the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV has been delayed until December 2nd. The system requirements have also been listed and the “recommended” specs are about what you would expect:

OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3. Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz. Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista). 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space. Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

Look at those specs.

Man...delays, very high requirements, and Obama ads.

I think I will definitely skip this one. The 360 version was enough, even on a regular old tv.

Alright! A reason to upgrade!

(I really don't care about other PC-based games anyway)

Cool, I can play the WoW expansion until Dec 3. Does anyone know if GTA IV is using SecuRom, I am having trouble playing games with SecuRom.

My system is 2 years old now, and I still don't see the necessity of upgrading even for this game. I have a Core 2 [email protected], 2GB DDR2, and a 8800GTS 640MB. I plan on being able to play this game @ 1440x900 with everything set on at least HIGH. What you guy's think?

yikes, look at those specs. When Nikko picks up a hooker, I better get multiple camera angles....of wait, you already do, lol.

What's with the quad core req? Will the game actually take advantage of it or is it just to look impressive? In most games a 3ghz duo would beat the heck out of a 2.4ghz quad...

whats with the triple/quad-core recommendation??

Cause the 360 is a tripple core and the PS3 has a quad, by chance?

Played it, finished it with both endings, can't be arsed to play it again on another platform.

I don't own a console so I never got to play the game, so I'll definitely pick it up. However, the thing that has me most excited about this game is the multiplayer and its capabilities. The multiplayer mods for Vice City and San Andreas were a TON of fun (100+ player server for SA was awesome), and if the same came can be mimicked or improved with GTA IV, its going to be a big winner. Also good to see that it could have some pretty heavy multi-threading :D.

I'm curious about the video card recommendations...

8600 vs. 3870

I hope it's not because it runs like crap on ATI hardware.

There are so many games out right now and November hasn't even started (Left 4 Dead, Mirror's Edge, and Prince Of Persia, I'm looking at you), this honestly isn't such a big deal.

People need to quit freaking out... those were the RECOMMENDED requirements... which are always set high.

They also posted the
Minimum System Requirements

* OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
* Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

I mean, I'd rather have Obama ads then McCain ads, but isn't december 2nd a little bit late for that crap?

Why wouldthere be Obama ads if the game is released after the 08 elections?

Already getting ready for 2012?

I hate you christmas! What kid uses a PC to game? :p

And farcry 2 sucked balls too. Guess I'm stuck with TF2 and GH2.

Where are people getting their info about political ads in the game...

Its BS, they don't sell any advertising in the game. Hell, half the humor in the game comes from all the parody ads on billboards and the radio.

I hate you christmas! What kid uses a PC to game? :p

And farcry 2 sucked balls too. Guess I'm stuck with TF2 and GH2.

Download the Mirror's Edge demo, its pretty cool! And don't forget, Left 4 Dead in only a few weeks.

Its BS, they don't sell any advertising in the game. Hell, half the humor in the game comes from all the parody ads on billboards and the radio.

WRONG. There are real advertisements (obama ads are part of those) when i play burnout paradise on 360, and I know EA was testing it with BF2142 (i took part in the testing of the ad system).

WRONG. There are real advertisements (obama ads are part of those) when i play burnout paradise on 360, and I know EA was testing it with BF2142 (i took part in the testing of the ad system).

Right, and we're talking about GTA4 here. EA doesn't publish GTA4, TakeTwo does.

Again, all the ads in the game are satire and parody, that is a hallmark of the GTA series. A real ad in the game would be completely out of place.

so if i think blatant advertising in a game is wretched and plan on boycotting all companies that do it..do I only need to boycott EA? I already don't play sports games and i understand it in tuner style racing games. But anything else...no thanks.

People need to quit freaking out... those were the RECOMMENDED requirements... which are always set high.

They also posted the
Minimum System Requirements

* OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
* Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

LMFAO Well that calmed me down. :p

Those are the highest minimum specs I have ever seen. :rolleyes:

so if i think blatant advertising in a game is wretched and plan on boycotting all companies that do it..do I only need to boycott EA? I already don't play sports games and i understand it in tuner style racing games. But anything else...no thanks.

You're missing out with an EA boycott. Now they publish for Valve so that's Left 4 Dead you'll be passing on, ditto id Software, Mirror's Edge by DICE is a definite buy for me based on the demo and the previews, and IMHO the best game out right now, Dead Space, is also being published by EA.

Activision is the new EA with the ripping off of and recycling of old licenses, haven't you heard. ;)

PS - There are NO real political ads in GTA4, period. I have no idea how that stupid idea caught on...

Back