Gran Turismo

GT5 wins best console game at Gamescom 2010.

...for what that's worth. :p

As an aside, the Playstation Move won the best console accessory. ?

I was just looking on Amazon.ca for GT5 and I cant find the CE?

Can't wait for this game! It is one of the reasons why I bought my PS3.. nearly 4 years ago haha

The physics was not spot on... Perfect physics is not possible of course but in comparison to most PC sims it fall flat. Forza 3 does more things right as well.

To each their own. I thought GT5:TT was way better regarding physics than GT5:p. Anyway, haters will hate no matter what.

My life will not be the same come november 2nd 2010....fakkkkk

Honestly I can't wait....this game is going to ROCK.

For those who haven't heard yet. GT5 will have an optional 10gb install and a mandatory 256mb install.

Like i said, fuck this game and go play rfactor and wait for rfactor 2

The physics was not spot on... Perfect physics is not possible of course but in comparison to most PC sims it fall flat. Forza 3 does more things right as well.

I disagree with both of these. Up until a few months ago I owned a car that was in all of these games (S2000). It was most accurate to drive in the Gran Turismo games from 4 to the Amuse in 5 prologue, which is like an AP1 with a turbo kit and a different gearbox. At least they had the general chassis dynamics right with that. Prior to that I had a Supra which was better-modeled in GT, again.

Forza has a tendency to make every car "push" in a really weird way and the tires don't behave like actual tires. rFactor is just a bad game for driving production cars. It doesn't feel like racing with them; something's just wrong... slip angles or grip or something. Maybe it's because a lot of the cars are mods or community-made. The race cars and included cars are a lot better, but community-made regular road cars just feel stupid. In rFactor, the S2000 community model is a horrible joke.

The GTR games were enjoyable. The Gran Turismo series of games were the most enjoyable for me, and the reason I bought a PS2 and then a PS3. They're not perfect by any means, but the cars feel like cars.

It's funny when people comment on physics without any background. What are the physics bad compared to? Compared to the actual cars they feel pretty decent. GTR it's a tossup, a bit different. GT compared to Forza or rFactor the physics for an S2000 feel ridiculous... because neither of those first two feel anything like driving the production car.

I wonder what the heck some of these people drive when they say the physics are bad. If you're coming from an '85 Dodge Omni with broken tie rods, wtf how can you even evaluate the physics model of the game?

I wonder what the heck some of these people drive when they say the physics are bad. If you're coming from an '85 Dodge Omni with broken tie rods, wtf how can you even evaluate the physics model of the game?

What you've driven on the street is pretty irrelevant IMO. Unless you've had some decent track time I dont trust what you have to say about how things handle in a "racing" game (not saying you have or haven't, just a general statement).

If you drive on the street fast enough to find how a car behaves on the limit like how its supposed to behave in a game, you should have your license cut into little pieces and burnt.

That said I dont really care how unmodified street cars behave in a game anyway :p I play racing games for the race cars or heavily modified street cars.

I disagree with both of these. Up until a few months ago I owned a car that was in all of these games (S2000). It was most accurate to drive in the Gran Turismo games from 4 to the Amuse in 5 prologue, which is like an AP1 with a turbo kit and a different gearbox. At least they had the general chassis dynamics right with that. Prior to that I had a Supra which was better-modeled in GT, again.

Forza has a tendency to make every car "push" in a really weird way and the tires don't behave like actual tires. rFactor is just a bad game for driving production cars. It doesn't feel like racing with them; something's just wrong... slip angles or grip or something. Maybe it's because a lot of the cars are mods or community-made. The race cars and included cars are a lot better, but community-made regular road cars just feel stupid. In rFactor, the S2000 community model is a horrible joke.

The GTR games were enjoyable. The Gran Turismo series of games were the most enjoyable for me, and the reason I bought a PS2 and then a PS3. They're not perfect by any means, but the cars feel like cars.

It's funny when people comment on physics without any background. What are the physics bad compared to? Compared to the actual cars they feel pretty decent. GTR it's a tossup, a bit different. GT compared to Forza or rFactor the physics for an S2000 feel ridiculous... because neither of those first two feel anything like driving the production car.

so if rfactors shit, why do red bull's f1 team use it as a simulator?

http://www.virtualr.net/spa-francorchamps-in-red-bulls-rfactor-pro-simulator/

What are the chances of the Ariel Atom being in the game?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

He said the production cars in rfactor were horrible. Surely RBR has tweaked the whole thing as well to get it to match their data.

Yep, open coded engine. RBR has the ability to completely create their car physics from scratch. Not like they were using rFactors(lackof) F1 cars stock.

Is there any vids of this damn game where its just a regular race and you can hear engine noise? From what i can tell its still the generic "BRrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" regardless of if its an inline 4, boxer engine, inline 6, v4, v8, v10, v12, high revving italian v8, whatever. its all the damn same.

i too have waited for this game since i bought my launch ps3. im open to a 10gb install. shoot i can even do a 30gb install and would be happy because gt5, like gt4 was to my ps2; spent almost 75% inside the system and is my most played game.

i used to have a working driving rig with the logitech pro force, seats from a jeep cherokee in all. now im just waiting for the right priced g27 and on to some clutch pedal and h-pattern shifting fun!

i cant wait to drive the acr!!!

just read some articles that there are demos available in bestbuy and possibly gamestop and frys.
the demos are in store demo;s and im not sure if they are actually purchasable.
shoot i might have to go to the nearest gamestop to have a look

Purchasable demo? That's a first, of course besides GT5:prologue.

It's just a demo to promote the game, you can only try it in a store. I bet that we will see a demo on PSN two weeks before the game ships at the latest.

TGS starts tomorrow, no? I hope for a giantixus influxus of info during those days.

What's really, really cool about that is that the water droplets are affected by g-forces as you turn. Serious attention to detail there.

Looking pretty good. Can't wait to see this game in the flesh, if its as awesome as it looks it will be the game to convince me to buy a PS3.

Day one collectors edition here. But my concern is not how nice this game is going to be as far as graphics, gameplay, effects, etc etc, but how good MP is gonna be. Because ultimately that is what made Forza the big dog the past few iterations. If MP bombs out on this game, may as well toss it in the bargain bin in a year. I have no doubt the SP will be worth the price of entry.

I was just wondering the same thing. Why isn't anyone asking about MP??? I was hoping for more info on the online component of GT5 coming from TGS, but so for null. How the online races will be organized? I hope it's not the same as GT5P, even if some ideas there were pretty good but that's gotta be a better implementation.

Weather effects look nice and the frame rate is solid but did GT4 have the driving line assist? Seems like a borrowed feature from another game.

I was just wondering the same thing. Why isn't anyone asking about MP??? I was hoping for more info on the online component of GT5 coming from TGS, but so for null. How the online races will be organized? I hope it's not the same as GT5P, even if some ideas there were pretty good but that's gotta be a better implementation.
jesus have u not been keeping up with gt5 news?

in a nutshell gt5 supportsup to 16 players online and around 20 players can join a lobby and watch or join the race in progress.

After seeing the latest screens and news for GT5 I'd say the only reason Forza has been top dog is because it has been coming out on a fairly regular schedule. I like Forza but Turn 10 have their work cut out for them. GT5 is looking truly innovative in many aspects and I cannot wait!

I'm pretty sure every version of GT has the driving line.

did GT4 have the driving line assist? Seems like a borrowed feature from another game.

I guess you're talking about Formula One Grand Prix on the Amiga, or something even earlier?

Yeah, imagine that, taking the good parts from earlier games and improving upon them. Almost seems like a no-brainer, eh?

jesus have u not been keeping up with gt5 news?

in a nutshell gt5 supportsup to 16 players online and around 20 players can join a lobby and watch or join the race in progress.

I have, but I wanted to know more besides the stuff that's already out there... I'd like to know what more will there be for online. Leagues, tiers, tourneys maybe.. will PD be updating racing events regularly or will it be up to community.. will it be PP based like Prologue.. will penalty be implemented and will I get the penalty if some idiot rear bumps me? that sort of things, the meaty gritty of online.

In a nutshell, I don't what a nutshell I want to know everything :D

fuck me, rain. Must find a wheel before this comes out. Preordered my CE already

i keep hearing forza 3 vs gt5. Well gt5 supports the g25,g27 wheels, nuff said. Microsofts wheel is no comparison.

i might actually buy this game, not usually into this type of game but i might just buy just on looks!!

Back