Gran Turismo Sport

I guess that should mean that games like Path of Exile and Diablo III are destroying the industry?

I honestly don't know why people get upset at always online these days. I was one of the complainers back in the day, but I did not have broadband internet access until 2006. It's a minor inconvenience during the extremely rare times it goes out.

No, Kazunori Yamauchi has said that this is what Gran Turismo is now. It is not a spinoff of the main series. Gran Turismo Sport is essentially Gran Turismo 7. I do think there will be no more individual games; that GT Sport will be a platform that delivers all content going forward on the PS4.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/ps4/news/a794751/gran-turismo-sport-is-gran-turismo-7-after-all/

More recently: https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-no-plans-gran-turismo-7/

Now you’re just arguing semantics from Kaz’s bible. My point was, the game will be different than previous games. It’s a contrast to the hypothetical GT7 if it continued down that path, that’s it.

I received my US Limited Edition on Tuesday, but my collector's edition has still not shipped yet and I'm still waiting for my DriveHub. I hope the latter at least gets here before the FIA pre-season starts on November 4.

EDIT: Scratch that. Just got confirmation that the collector's edition shipped. Will be here next Tuesday. But it's DHL, so I'll say a prayer that the package gets here unscathed :nailbiting:.
View attachment 40257

Bleh. I hate waiting, for anything. DHL is so hit/miss here in the States.

I guess that should mean that games like Path of Exile and Diablo III are destroying the industry?

I honestly don't know why people get upset at always online these days. I was one of the complainers back in the day, but I did not have broadband internet access until 2006. It's a minor inconvenience during the extremely rare times it goes out.
It's legitimately killing games in the long run and making them unplayable. PoE is free to play so it sort of gets a pass, though i think it would actually be better sold as a single player game with expansions. I haven't played a blizzard game since diablo 2 and diablo 3 sounded like worst thing ever at launch so i never bothered.

It's still reasonable to complain as psn isn't super reliable and then you have to rely on your own internet and then polyphony servers as well to be up just to play your game. When they shutoff gt5's servers we lost access to the seasonal events and multiplayer, when they shut off gtsport you lose access to the whole game.

After making some more progress in the game it seems it should have been called Gran Turismo Online. It is missing a lot of the single player elements in prior games. And it looks like 90% of the game is only accessible for those with PSN+ memberships. Predicting consumer backlash on this one unless they offer up some dlc with traditional single player cup races to win cars and credits. On the flip side, I am hearing great things about the multiplayer, so perhaps it becomes the killer online racer that increases PSN+ subscriptions.

WTF...

http://sirusgaming.info/2017/10/gra...ditched-gt-mode-due-players-disinterest-cars/
https://archive.fo/1Bwds#selection-1051.1-1055.253
Kazunori Yamauchi said:
Twenty years ago, when we did the first Gran Turismo, people knew what happens when you change an air filter or increased compression ratios do to your car. But the new users don’t have that knowledge anymore because they’re not as interested in the cars, so we’ve simplified [some areas of the game] so you can do the exact same thing you were doing in the past, but it’s more user-friendly for people just getting into cars.

My .02 cents: They didn't include GT mode because that would require them to create an entire game called Gran Turismo with branching career paths, rewards and such, as well as have loads of AI racers on the tracks. Sony and AI in their Gran Turismo games.....yeah I'll just leave that there.

In essence, Forza 7 is Gran Turismo now, the tons of road cars and oddities, only where every car has a modeled interior. It's a more pick-up-and-race game, Sony...as usual.....has released a game that is more like work. If you are an aspiring racing driver in your own mind, good for you, but I could have done with a single player casual campaign. I'm glad the physics are on point, the more hard core among us will enjoy it to it's fullest, but it's like a $1000 game+system+high end wheel when you add it all up to do it properly if you go for the high-end wheel.

Someday when its $9.99 digital download I'll snatch it up and that $150 wheel from Thrustmaster, for now I'll stick to Forza simply due to overall cost...dont want to buy another wheel.

Quite a backlash incoming from the amazon reviews. 61% are 1/5 and average score is 2/5 (as of Oct 21). I wonder if the game can be saved by adding single player content as free DLC.

I received my Collector's Edition from the UK. And as expected, it didn't arrive in mint condition, but I'm not going to cry about it. It looks like it was kicked and stepped on at least once. There are tears in the box joints in two places. I blame Amazon for doing a shitty job packaging, though. There was just a piece of crumpled paper on top of the game that I guess they believed was appropriate packing material. The box of the game was built very well, though, as all the contents are still intact showing no damage. Just waiting for my DriveHub to arrive now.

I received my Collector's Edition from the UK. And as expected, it didn't arrive in mint condition, but I'm not going to cry about it. It looks like it was kicked and stepped on at least once. There are tears in the box joints in two places. I blame Amazon for doing a shitty job packaging, though. There was just a piece of crumpled paper on top of the game that I guess they believed was appropriate packing material. The box of the game was built very well, though, as all the contents are still intact showing no damage. Just waiting for my DriveHub to arrive now.

That's disappointing as hell, I like the collector's edition stuff, but I also like the box to be in somewhat acceptable condition. It looks like I'm getting mine sometime today. How are you liking the game? I've read some of your comments, but I'm curious if you're in it for the long term? I'm thinking I'm going to pull the trigger on the TM setup. I've already sourced a nice Recaro chair from a buddy who's into modifying his cars, that I plan on building into the setup.

That's disappointing as hell, I like the collector's edition stuff, but I also like the box to be in somewhat acceptable condition. It looks like I'm getting mine sometime today. How are you liking the game? I've read some of your comments, but I'm curious if you're in it for the long term? I'm thinking I'm going to pull the trigger on the TM setup. I've already sourced a nice Recaro chair from a buddy who's into modifying his cars, that I plan on building into the setup.
I have not started playing it yet. My DriveHub should be here Thursday or Friday. I have a G920 so I need the converter.

I think I am going to be. I at least plan on participating in the entire first FIA season. I have a GT Omega wheel stand that I hope to add a seat frame to in the near future.

I have not started playing it yet. My DriveHub should be here Thursday or Friday. I have a G920 so I need the converter.

I think I am going to be. I at least plan on participating in the entire first FIA season. I have a GT Omega wheel stand that I hope to add a seat frame to in the near future.

My box arrived yesterday, in basically perfect condition, so I'm pretty pleased. into the closet it goes (lol). A buddy of mine also got the game and he's planning on also getting the Thrustmaster wheel kit, so I'll try that before I ultimately pull the trigger.

How are you liking the GT Omega stand? It looks nice. Do you have it attached to anything, or does it not wobble by itself?

I don't understand why the single player campaign requires online, but I find the game superior to Forza when it comes to gameplay and car handling. Forza has it beat everything else but GTS is just more fun to handle the car. I don't even use a steering wheel.

My box arrived yesterday, in basically perfect condition, so I'm pretty pleased. into the closet it goes (lol). A buddy of mine also got the game and he's planning on also getting the Thrustmaster wheel kit, so I'll try that before I ultimately pull the trigger.

How are you liking the GT Omega stand? It looks nice. Do you have it attached to anything, or does it not wobble by itself?
Stand is good. I wanted to avoid the typical stand that mounts the steering wheel using a single center post. There is a little wobble in it due to there being no aft support, but you don't notice it while driving. It doesn't oscillate or anything like that from normal steering action or feedback from the vibration. You could add posts to it with a little work for extra support, though. Every piece of my kit mounted to it perfectly, but there are no options to route cables built in. The stand comes completely assembled in the box with the shifter mount being the exception. It's very good for how much it costs.

My only two complaints:

The mounting for the tilting base where the wheel goes can't get tight enough to hold it against strong counter-steering forces, and there is not enough room to add a washer with the screws it comes with, so I'm stuck right now with it set to the lowest position.

The angle of the steering rack isn't steep enough for my long legs and arms combined, so it's either have the wheel very close to my chest at the proper height or have the wheel at the proper distance from my chest at a low height. I am working with the former since the latter would put undue stress on my shoulders. Modding the stand to allow a steeper angle would cause instability. If/when I add a seat frame with a proper driver's seat I think that would eliminate the issue.

Stand is good. I wanted to avoid the typical stand that mounts the steering wheel using a single center post. There is a little wobble in it due to there being no aft support, but you don't notice it while driving. It doesn't oscillate or anything like that from normal steering action or feedback from the vibration. You could add posts to it with a little work for extra support, though. Every piece of my kit mounted to it perfectly, but there are no options to route cables built in. The stand comes completely assembled in the box with the shifter mount being the exception. It's very good for how much it costs.

My only two complaints:

The mounting for the tilting base where the wheel goes can't get tight enough to hold it against strong counter-steering forces, and there is not enough room to add a washer with the screws it comes with, so I'm stuck right now with it set to the lowest position.

The angle of the steering rack isn't steep enough for my long legs and arms combined, so it's either have the wheel very close to my chest at the proper height or have the wheel at the proper distance from my chest at a low height. I am working with the former since the latter would put undue stress on my shoulders. Modding the stand to allow a steeper angle would cause instability. If/when I add a seat frame with a proper driver's seat I think that would eliminate the issue.

Interesting. What are you using for a chair, is it something custom you got, or just a standard chair? I'm thinking that it might take some time to get used to the bucket seat I plan on using, as I'm not in race cars often enough to become adjusted. I've toyed with the idea of just abandoning a custom rig and going with something like the Playseat Evolution. For around $300 I can get a full setup and just mount everything to it...

Interesting. What are you using for a chair, is it something custom you got, or just a standard chair? I'm thinking that it might take some time to get used to the bucket seat I plan on using, as I'm not in race cars often enough to become adjusted. I've toyed with the idea of just abandoning a custom rig and going with something like the Playseat Evolution. For around $300 I can get a full setup and just mount everything to it...
I'm using a fixed chair (from a dining set, I think) that I customized with padding to fit the contour of my back and legs.

I've heard good things about the Playseat. I didn't want to put in that kind of money on one when I couldn't get a straight answer on whether or not it would fit my 6'7" self, though.

Back