Gran Turismo dev wants games to run at 120-240fps

The GT2 disk also was scratch and sniff, so you could rub it and smell an oily rag...
What tha fuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! I did NOT know that!
*runs to get his GT2 discs*
Huh, I don't smell it. Is it the "Arcade Mode" disc or the "Simulation Mode" disc? Maybe my discs are too old. Or maybe it was some special edition version?

Forza 1 came out around the same time as GT4, and after being disappointed with GT4 that's when I switched over to the Forza series. Had a lot of fun with Forza 1. Also really liked Forza 4. Messed around with Forza 6 Apex a bit. I didn't care for Forza 2 and 5, never played 3 or 7. I grabbed GT5 back when it came out, but didn't care for that game at all. Never tried GT6. I have GT Sport on PS4 but I'm not too interested in it. Before GT3 came out, I spent a lot of time with Sega GT on Dreamcast. I do miss the passion that Yamauchi and his crew put into GT1 and 2.

What tha fuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! I did NOT know that!
*runs to get his GT2 discs*
Huh, I don't smell it. Is it the "Arcade Mode" disc or the "Simulation Mode" disc? Maybe my discs are too old. Or maybe it was some special edition version?

Forza 1 came out around the same time as GT4, and after being disappointed with GT4 that's when I switched over to the Forza series. Had a lot of fun with Forza 1. Also really liked Forza 4. Messed around with Forza 6 Apex a bit. I didn't care for Forza 2 and 5, never played 3 or 7. I grabbed GT5 back when it came out, but didn't care for that game at all. Never tried GT6. I have GT Sport on PS4 but I'm not too interested in it. Before GT3 came out, I spent a lot of time with Sega GT on Dreamcast. I do miss the passion that Yamauchi and his crew put into GT1 and 2.
What was disappointing about GT4? It was a vastly superior game to GT3.

Reactions: M76
like this
Honestly I can't remember, that was so long ago. You're right, it is a better game than 3 (and I enjoyed 3), but I recall not liking it back around when it came out, for some reason. Sorry, I don't really remember enough to give you an actual answer. I suppose I should revisit it someday.

It is probably the most complete GT4 made to date. I really liked how the events were organized in the game, the world map, all of the best tracks. Plus it added B-Spec mode, which was a great way to complete endurance events.

Would love to see 120 fps becoming the new 60 fps standard. TVs from here on I expect to more frequently get 120Hz support now that 4K 120Hz starts becoming a possibility. Of course consoles isn't there yet but maybe PS5 "Pro" / PS6 can focus on adding extra performance rather than eye candy (ie. make PS5 graphics work at 4K 120 fps).

Biggest reason for not being a console user is the low fps. When you get used to high refresh PC monitors there's no going back.

Last edited:
Would love to see 120 fps becoming the new 60 fps standard. Biggest reason for not being a console user is the low fps. When you get used to high refresh PC monitors there's no going back.

You'll get your wish, because they're going to have to sell us something to convince us our already-owned 4K HDR enabled 60fps sets "aren't good enough". 3D didn't work.......going to 8k or 12k or 16k is an increasingly smaller percentage of people inclined to jump on new tech......HDR is HDR, don't think its changing anytime soon......where else they going to go. Refresh Rates, for sure....sports viewers will be targeted, gamers will be targeted. In another 3-5 years it'll be paper thin TV's and these 1/2" Monsters we have today will look like CRT's to us.

But after that......where do we go.....Implants?

You'll get your wish, because they're going to have to sell us something to convince us our already-owned 4K HDR enabled 60fps sets "aren't good enough". 3D didn't work.......going to 8k or 12k or 16k is an increasingly smaller percentage of people inclined to jump on new tech......HDR is HDR, don't think its changing anytime soon......where else they going to go. Refresh Rates, for sure....sports viewers will be targeted, gamers will be targeted. In another 3-5 years it'll be paper thin TV's and these 1/2" Monsters we have today will look like CRT's to us.

But after that......where do we go.....Implants?
Don't underestimate the power of letters. After HDR there will be XHDR, or EHDR, then XEHDR.

Back