Yes but it's not like the old games that actually had a single player ?
It has single player, it’s just missing half the events at the moment such as endurance races and higher end racing championships. It also forces you into a more linear path to unlock content with the cafe books.

Looks like the 1.09 update and the 1 million credit ticket are live now.

Yes but it's not like the old games that actually had a single player ?
It's very limited, some tracks only have a single event for them, but the others don't have that many either. But the worst part is linearity, you have to take a very specific path to unlock further events.

fuck that final super license test with the 917k @ spa with wet track, lol. still chasing gold, got it to within about 1.5 seconds but omfg taking Eau Rouge with enough speed is pure nightmare fuel...

edit: speaking of license tests in GT7, one thing that i found very interesting was that i *HAD* to increase my steering sensitivity to 4 because i literally could not make steering inputs fast enough in the Nissan R92CP necessary to take advantage of its insane grip.

Last edited:
Using the controller in the game instead of a wheel feels like cheating. After struggling for hours with two missions, I switched to the controller and instantly did far better on them than my best attempt with a wheel, and golded them in short notice.

Using the controller in the game instead of a wheel feels like cheating. After struggling for hours with two missions, I switched to the controller and instantly did far better on them than my best attempt with a wheel, and golded them in short notice.
wish i had a ps5 compatible wheel to at least try it with.. tempted to get something more inexpensive like a g29 but i'll probably regret not getting a fanatec dd instead so i think i'm just going to wait.

wish i had a ps5 compatible wheel to at least try it with.. tempted to get something more inexpensive like a g29 but i'll probably regret not getting a fanatec dd instead so i think i'm just going to wait.
I don't think it's worth getting a better wheel than a logitech for Gran Turismo, if you want to get into actual sims, maybe. But I think the Logitech is 98% there already. You pay extra for that 2% on top.

I don't think it's worth getting a better wheel than a logitech for Gran Turismo, if you want to get into actual sims, maybe. But I think the Logitech is 98% there already. You pay extra for that 2% on top.
well that's the thing, i do a lot of actual sim racing on my PC so it makes sense to go for something more premium that'll last me many years.

It’s probably worth it then. There is a night and day difference between a direct drive wheel and the plastic gears in the Logitech.
IDK, I have a logitech Driving Force Pro, that I got for Gran Turismo 4, almost 15 years ago and still works fine, I use it on PC occasionally. And would use that for GT7 as well if Sony didn't F over everyone by requiring an USB "security" chip in the hardware.

IDK, I have a logitech Driving Force Pro, that I got for Gran Turismo 4, almost 15 years ago and still works fine, I use it on PC occasionally. And would use that for GT7 as well if Sony didn't F over everyone by requiring an USB "security" chip in the hardware.
I have owned both a G29 and a couple DD wheels including the GT DD Pro and there is no comparison between the plastic gears in a G29 and similar and having a direct drive wheel. If someone can afford one and plays a variety of sims the DD Pro is a good option.

If you are going from a quality belt drive to a DD Pro then the decision is a bit harder.

gt7 nails the meat of a driving game so perfectly... the complete time of day + weather simulation is so good, it really can't be understated. combined with the improved physics, graphics, sound, and controls, it's the perfect canvas to hang an amazing game on... too bad polyphony screwed the pooch on that side of things.

for one thing, the AI is both amazing and retarded at the same time - it's the most natural and human-like AI i know of in ANY racing or driving game - their control inputs look just like a human being is driving, they can make small mistakes, go off track, spin out and recover, get into a tank slapper and save it, it's awesome to watch. you can, for example, switch to an AI in replay mode and go into cockpit cam and it's almost indistinguishable from watching a human player, and that's a massive accomplishment. unfortunately they are (at least with "standard" races) artificially (pun not intended) limited at the start of a race so that the player (who must ALWAYS start at the rear of the grid) can have a chance to catch up - and once the player does catch up, they're unleashed and will drive to the fullest extent of their car's abilities. for example i made a 4 lap custom race this morning at the Daytona road course in my Camaro ZL1 1LE and one of the cars in the grid was an Aventador LP700. now the 1LE is no slouch but it's not going to hang with that, especially on the straights/banked curves. however i was able to catch it easily and then once i was passed it, it blew my doors off (like it should) and came around me.

on the other hand i tried some of the gr.3 and gr.4 races provided in the circuit experiences and those AI do not seem to have that limitation, making the racing extremely fun, challenging and enjoyable. like they are SO CLOSE to hitting a home run with this, what the fuck are they doing? the roulette prizes are also a joke. they come in different qualities ranked by their "stars", and that ranking SHOULD just control *which* prizes are available on that spin (i.e. if you got a 1 star it should contain maybe up to 20k credits and some tuning parts, no cars, and a 3 star should have one or two NICE cars, a big stack of credits, and an engine swap) and then the spin itself should be completely random. instead they have this retarded combination of the star rating AND heavily weighting the chance of winning the smallest credit pile. i dunno how many i've spun now but every single time has been the smallest credit pile regardless of the spin quality.

I miss the spins from GT Sport where every spin got you a car. They need to revamp that reward system greatly. Make every item a 20% chance like it should be and remove the small credit and individual part prizes. It’s kinda useless to win a free part upgrade to a specific model car.

I have a feeling this game will be pretty good in a year but unfortunately they charged full price for it. The slow burn incremental releases worked for GT Sport because it was a side title and wasn’t full price at launch I believe. The same isn’t true for GT7.

I have a feeling this game will be pretty good in a year but unfortunately they charged full price for it. The slow burn incremental releases worked for GT Sport because it was a side title and wasn’t full price at launch I believe. The same isn’t true for GT7.
i agree 100%. i have no doubt they will continually improve the game and respond to feedback and it'll be a great all around experience in a year, it's just so dumb that they couldn't get out of the gate without these glaring flaws.

I have owned both a G29 and a couple DD wheels including the GT DD Pro and there is no comparison between the plastic gears in a G29 and similar and having a direct drive wheel. If someone can afford one and plays a variety of sims the DD Pro is a good option.

If you are going from a quality belt drive to a DD Pro then the decision is a bit harder.
You need to explain it better, because "there is no comparison" tells me nothing. How is it better? What's the difference? I was looking at the GT DD Pro, but ultimately decided against it, because it wouldn't ship before the game's release. Now of course it is ready to ship. I also don't like how they nickel and dime you on having to buy the power adapter upgrade and third pedal separately. Of course you don't need the third pedal for GT7, but if I was going to buy a wheel I want to use it for other games as well, and at that point it costs 3 times as much as a G923, but is it three times better? I'm not convinced.

instead they have this retarded combination of the star rating AND heavily weighting the chance of winning the smallest credit pile. i dunno how many i've spun now but every single time has been the smallest credit pile regardless of the spin quality.
Since the game came out I must have got 50 spins if not more, and I only not got the lowest pile 3 times out of that. Once I Got the second lowest pile, once a nitrous kit for a car I Don't own, and once a bone stock mazda 6 that I'll never drive and obviously can't sell.

You need to explain it better, because "there is no comparison" tells me nothing. How is it better? What's the difference? I was looking at the GT DD Pro, but ultimately decided against it, because it wouldn't ship before the game's release. Now of course it is ready to ship. I also don't like how they nickel and dime you on having to buy the power adapter upgrade and third pedal separately. Of course you don't need the third pedal for GT7, but if I was going to buy a wheel I want to use it for other games as well, and at that point it costs 3 times as much as a G923, but is it three times better? I'm not convinced.
You can’t quantify it in numbers or percentages, it’s just better. With the g29 you feel and hear the clunk of the gears, it feels like a toy. There is no finesse and the very little dynamic range. With direct drive wheels your rim is attached directly to the motor shaft so you feel exactly what the motor gives you and its instant feedback. The g29 is slow and clunky in comparison.

I’m not trying to convince you, if you are happy with Logitech that’s fine but there is a reason direct drive wheels are the staple of most serious sim setups.

Fanatec does nickle and dime you that’s true, the 8nm should be standard and the wheel should probably be in the 12-15 nm range to be an end game wheel, but it’s hard to beat for multi-platform direct drive. Maybe Thrustmaster will have a better option when their DD wheel launches later this year.

This isn't a Sony thing. Sony has been pretty anti Live service and MT.

Sony quite literately bought Bungie in order to assist in developing a bunch of live service titles in the coming years. They want to release 10 live service games by 2026.

0bca2a2c250f51912a9c02026747080a_photo.png

I bought a PS5 purely for this game. Had no desire before. I've played everything from GT1-GT5. I echo many of the senitments of others that some of the hardcore "GT-ness" is gone. But it is a fun game so far. I have little kids and I'm renovating my house so I don't have a ton of time to play. But the graphics are great and I hope as I explore more I'll enjoy it. I gave up on GT5 as I didn't find it fun after a while. I never played Six as the internet servers were shut down before I got it. Never played GT-sport either as I didn't have a PS4.

I bought a PS5 purely for this game. Had no desire before. I've played everything from GT1-GT5. I echo many of the senitments of others that some of the hardcore "GT-ness" is gone. But it is a fun game so far. I have little kids and I'm renovating my house so I don't have a ton of time to play. But the graphics are great and I hope as I explore more I'll enjoy it. I gave up on GT5 as I didn't find it fun after a while. I never played Six as the internet servers were shut down before I got it. Never played GT-sport either as I didn't have a PS4.
I actually wanted to buy a ps5 for the game but now I'm glad I wasn't able to seeing how disappointing the game is. And the graphics looks good enough on the PS4 Pro. I expected GT Sport level graphics, but it's a night and day difference.

I actually wanted to buy a ps5 for the game but now I'm glad I wasn't able to seeing how disappointing the game is. And the graphics looks good enough on the PS4 Pro. I expected GT Sport level graphics, but it's a night and day difference.
See I never had a PS4. Went straight to the PS5. Looking forward to playing some backlog PS4 games on it after I add a USB HDD to the PS5.

See I never had a PS4. Went straight to the PS5. Looking forward to playing some backlog PS4 games on it after I add a USB HDD to the PS5.
Most of the games worth playing from PS4 are already on PC, or coming soon, I expect.

It’s probably worth it then. There is a night and day difference between a direct drive wheel and the plastic gears in the Logitech.
You can have a happy median with a belt-driven system..

You can have a happy median with a belt-driven system..
True, but I don’t think Fanatec sells a belt drive wheel any more. Used ones could be a good option if you don’t mind something without warranty.

I’m not sold on the Thrustmaster wheels but they are also an option. Their T-LCM pedals are decent for the money.

Finally had some time to play this a bit more. Got stuck trying to get gold on IA-10 but finally got it last night. I’ll just go for bronze on the S license as I want the Audi GR3 car but don’t have the time or patience to get golds.

Also I kinda have zero drive to finish the cafe menus which is bad, but I hope to start playing multiplayer more. Seems like Sport mode is basically what GT Sport was and that’s a good thing. Week 1 it had a weird selection of races but I guess that was an anomaly.

Finally had some time to play this a bit more. Got stuck trying to get gold on IA-10 but finally got it last night. I’ll just go for bronze on the S license as I want the Audi GR3 car but don’t have the time or patience to get golds.

They Audi is great for one of the cafe books, tune it down to 700 using the custom computer with intermediate race tires and you basically dominate everything.

my plan is to wrap up the Cafe stuff and then focus on multiplayer for a few months until more single player content is put out. mp is my main focus with racing games these days and it was my area of interest for GT7 anyway, but there's no excuse for the limited single player content the game has. they could have easily just created various championship-style events based on different categories of car, offer up some randomized events taking advantage of the robust time of day and weather system, but nope, they put the bare minimum of effort in. a Horizon 5 style user created event tool would've been perfect too, with a specific pavilion around that.

why do creativity and racing games seem to be on opposite ends of the spectrum, from the developers' perspective? :rolleyes:

I’ve been having a lot of fun with the online manufacturers race series. I never really bothered with online play in any of the other GTs. I’m excited to see how this game evolves over time.

The single player portion was the most hyped about feature and it really just amounted to a complete failure of a racing game, like as if it was designed entirely to test your patience and not your skills. It's telling that I preferred doing most of the license test more than the missions and café as legit think i would have enjoyed it more if all the events were just straight up time trials instead.

I want to wait until they release their promised "fix" for the awful economy. I haven't started the game since Sunday or Saturday I think.
I'm also waiting. I haven't played the game in a couple weeks.

Reactions: M76
like this
I made a little "game vs. real life" comparison just for fun, I know recording a TV sucks but that's all I can be bothered to do :p The in-game ZL1's stock suspension is definitely no where near as hardcore as the real thing and I probably needed to switch to racing medium or soft tires to really match the real thing's insane grip but you get the idea.. I thought it was pretty cool nonetheless :cool:

would anyone be interested in a little hot lap/time trial [H] competition, just for funsies? say we just pick a track like Brands Hatch (the full layout) and a PP amount like 600 PP and see what we come up with, no restrictions on cars or parts except maybe 1. no Gr. 4/3/2/1 cars and 2. no racing tires, so only up to "sports soft" tires. other than that you can modify and tune to your heart's content. we might as well get a little enjoyment out of the game while we wait for the update ;)

btw the time trials menu appears at the bottom of the screen for each track in the "world circuits" pavilion. you can pick a time of day but i don't think it affects performance in this case, it's just a visual thing.

would anyone be interested in a little hot lap/time trial [H] competition, just for funsies? say we just pick a track like Brands Hatch (the full layout) and a PP amount like 600 PP and see what we come up with, no restrictions on cars or parts except maybe 1. no Gr. 4/3/2/1 cars and 2. no racing tires, so only up to "sports soft" tires. other than that you can modify and tune to your heart's content. we might as well get a little enjoyment out of the game while we wait for the update ;)

btw the time trials menu appears at the bottom of the screen for each track in the "world circuits" pavilion. you can pick a time of day but i don't think it affects performance in this case, it's just a visual thing.
I like this idea.

The Inaugural [H] Gran Turismo 7 Time Trial Competition - Round 1

Location & Layout: Brands Hatch GP

Conditions: Noon/Clear

Round Ends: Sunday, April 10th @ 11:59 pm EST (if anyone thinks we should end sooner so we can move on to other locations or rules ASAP, just let me know)

Rules:

- up to 600 PP (remember, it's not about how big your PP is, it's about how you use it)
- any car except competition categories (Gr. 1/2/3/4/B)
- "comfort" or "sport" tires only, sport soft will probably be best but get creative - sometimes extra power or less weight in place of tire compound can make the difference
- no nitrous or 'overtake'
- any other parts or tuning allowed
- you may use any assists you like
- you may update your lap time & car used as much as you want up to the end of the round

post up a pic/screenshot of your results and car used - feel free to post details like parts used but it's not required. replay clips would be fun if you can do that!

*edit to add note about assists or updating your time

Last edited:
Back