My son is going to be fighting me this weekend trying to get me off Horizon on the PS5 so he can play this because the Ol'PS4 Pro is simply not going to do for him, lol. Preloading it now on both consoles and it's like 10GB larger on PS4 it seems 94GB vs 104GB)

I was going to wait until I could get a 2TB SSD around $200 or so for my PS5, but with all these PS5 games I'm juggling now, I guess I'll settle for a 1TB for now and still have about 1.5TB of usable space for PS5 games and still have my 4TB external for PS4 games and PS5 backups.

Edit: Hell, found this Inland 2TB SSD for $215 that seems to be working good on PS5 per the reviews and testing at around 5600 MB/s on the PS5, meeting their recommended 5500 MB's spec. Might just go ahead and pick this up.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My son is going to be fighting me this weekend trying to get me off Horizon on the PS5 so he can play this because the Ol'PS4 Pro is simply not going to do for him, lol. Preloading it now on both consoles and it's like 10GB larger on PS4 it seems 94GB vs 104GB)

I was going to wait until I could get a 2TB SSD around $200 or so for my PS5, but with all these PS5 games I'm juggling now, I guess I'll settle for a 1TB for now and still have about 1.5TB of usable space for PS5 games and still have my 4TB external for PS4 games and PS5 backups.

Edit: Hell, found this Inland 2TB SSD for $215 that seems to be working good on PS5 per the reviews and testing at around 5600 MB/s on the PS5, meeting their recommended 5500 MB's spec. Might just go ahead and pick this up.
Looks like MC has the same drive for $220 but it comes with a heat sink.

Looks like MC has the same drive for $220 but it comes with a heat sink.
Looks like in-store pickup only and I'm in Italy, lol. Found this PNY SSD with that same chonky heatsink (that definitely won't fit in the PS5) for $209 and with the same performance though.

Looks like in-store pickup only and I'm in Italy, lol. Found this PNY SSD with that same chonky heatsink (that definitely won't fit in the PS5) for $209 and with the same performance though.

I'd just spend the extra and get the 980 Pro that you'll know will work. Otherwise you may spend a month+ shipping this stuff back and forth through the APO.

For reference, this is the Inland that they recommend for the PS5: Inland Gaming Performance Plus.

If you want to build your own, this heatsink claims to be compatible with the PS5: https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Connectors-Low-Profile-Cooling-NGFFM2-HS804-BK/dp/B07GNJQ37N/

Last edited:
Fanatec GT DD Pro bundle with the load cell delayed until April 7. That sucks.

I went with the Thrustmaster T248. Will be here tomorrow with the game. Figured I don't play as many racing games as I used to, so didn't want to spend the money on the Fanatec.

I'd just spend the extra and get the 980 Pro that you'll know will work. Otherwise you may spend a month+ shipping this stuff back and forth through the APO.

For reference, this is the Inland that they recommend for the PS5: Inland Gaming Performance Plus.

If you want to build your own, this heatsink claims to be compatible with the PS5: https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Connectors-Low-Profile-Cooling-NGFFM2-HS804-BK/dp/B07GNJQ37N/
Most of the better 5000 MB/s drives work fine in PS5. And their real world write speeds is like triple the internal drive. its way faster moving games from the internal drive to an added NVME drive like that one, than it is to move from the NVME to the internal.

I went with the Thrustmaster T248. Will be here tomorrow with the game. Figured I don't play as many racing games as I used to, so didn't want to spend the money on the Fanatec.
The dumb part is that the base package includes pedals already, but they won’t release it for individual shipment even though they ship all the boxes separately anyway.

Delivery of my game was rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Just as well, as I don't think I'll have time to play it tonight.

Delivery of my game was rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Just as well, as I don't think I'll have time to play it tonight.

My copy has been circling the city for the past 30 hours, hopefully Amazon gets it on an actual delivery truck today instead of just sending it between facilities like they did all of yesterday.

My copy has been circling the city for the past 30 hours, hopefully Amazon gets it on an actual delivery truck today instead of just sending it between facilities like they did all of yesterday.

And they managed to deliver it, installing now.

Edit: didn't realize I had so little space and had to uninstall GT Sport to install it.

Edit2: it's a 2 hour total install, they give you 3 mini games to earn trophies on once you get the initial install done but once you're done them, it's a wait.

Last edited:
Installing on the PS4 Pro only took 1 hour.

The "mini game" part only took about 10 minutes for me and it was ready to get into the main game.

One of my eyes is laughing the other one crying. I've waited 8 years for this and it's finally here, but there are several things I'm really not happy about:

• The clutch is the same old unrealistic crap as it was in GT6, it's a digital switch on a delay, nothing more.
  • The world map seems very sparse, they completely redesigned it and it looks barren
  • Talking heads that don't even talk, this is peak stupidity
  • Cars can't be sold
  • It has lootbox mechanics
  • Every feature is level walled, you only have access to 3 tracks and 6 races to boot, and even car upgrades are locked
  • Fewer manufacturers are represented and with fewer cars, ex: RUF only has 1 single car, Porsche is missing many cars that imo should be included. For example there is no road going cayman, only a cup car version included.
  • Cars seem extremely prone to snap oversteering, even FF cars. With Traction control off it feels like driving on ice, even a 200hp car needs to be driven like a 1000hp beast on bias ply tires. (yes I'm exaggerating before you jump on my throat)
  • License tests are very easy. Some I've went .5sec under with far from perfect attempts. I've got gold for the first series of 10 tests with barely any effort, maybe later ones will be harder? I don't think so.
To be fair here are the positive impressions too:

• The interior view is normally usable now, it's not as if looking through sunglasses at night
  • The loading times on the PS4 Pro, are pretty good, despite only having the stock HDD in it.
Sorry that's all I can think of that were positive surprises.

Let's spare a few words on the talking heads. I understand their inclusion, although I wish they could be disabled, because they only serve as a kind of tutorial to guide you through the game. I don't know why the game saddled me with them when I specificaly selected that this is not my first rodeo when it asked. Does that mean that they are even more obtrusive if you select that this is your first time playing a GT game? Either way I despise handholding. But I digress, the real issue is that they are not even voiced, you have to read their messages as text. And this also goes for all the trivia content included in the game. This is a baffling design decision to me. IDK what were they thinking?

Another thing is that you either hate or maybe neutral about is that the used car shop is on a rotation. And the cars are no longer priced based on performance as they used to be, but closer to real world value. For example a Countach is 760.000 credits. And with high reward races locked away, and cars not being sellable it will take a while for you to get to that kind of credits. And of course you can buy in game credits for real world money. It's a shame that even this series is now hit by predatory monetization, as if paid DLCs wasn't bad enough.

What bothers me also that the game doesn't even show the locked content, so you don't see what else is there to unlock. The only events and tracks that show up are the ones already unlocked.

And finally, lootboxes, WHY? When you win some events instead of getting a fixed reward you get lootbox mechanics, and 10 out of 10 times you get the worst reward. If the lootbox contains something crap you can bet that's what your reward will be. Why go through the whole dog and pony show, just give me the crap plain and simple.

That said it's still GT and I'll probably enjoy it for a while but this is sad.

GT Sport had the loot box mechanic but at least all the prizes were cars. This one giving 2000 credits as a prize is kinda lame.

I also agree about the talking heads. They rubbed me the wrong way when I was watching some people stream yesterday. It’s fine if they want to have them for people new to racing but you should be able to turn them off.

Installing on the PS4 Pro only took 1 hour.

The "mini game" part only took about 10 minutes for me and it was ready to get into the main game.

One of my eyes is laughing the other one crying. I've waited 8 years for this and it's finally here, but there are several things I'm really not happy about:

• The clutch is the same old unrealistic crap as it was in GT6, it's a digital switch on a delay, nothing more.
  • The world map seems very sparse, they completely redesigned it and it looks barren
  • Talking heads that don't even talk, this is peak stupidity
  • Cars can't be sold
  • It has lootbox mechanics
  • Every feature is level walled, you only have access to 3 tracks and 6 races to boot, and even car upgrades are locked
  • Fewer manufacturers are represented and with fewer cars, ex: RUF only has 1 single car, Porsche is missing many cars that imo should be included. For example there is no road going cayman, only a cup car version included.
  • Cars seem extremely prone to snap oversteering, even FF cars. With Traction control off it feels like driving on ice, even a 200hp car needs to be driven like a 1000hp beast on bias ply tires. (yes I'm exaggerating before you jump on my throat)
  • License tests are very easy. Some I've went .5sec under with far from perfect attempts. I've got gold for the first series of 10 tests with barely any effort, maybe later ones will be harder? I don't think so.
To be fair here are the positive impressions too:

• The interior view is normally usable now, it's not as if looking through sunglasses at night
  • The loading times on the PS4 Pro, are pretty good, despite only having the stock HDD in it.
Sorry that's all I can think of that were positive surprises.

Let's spare a few words on the talking heads. I understand their inclusion, although I wish they could be disabled, because they only serve as a kind of tutorial to guide you through the game. I don't know why the game saddled me with them when I specificaly selected that this is not my first rodeo when it asked. Does that mean that they are even more obtrusive if you select that this is your first time playing a GT game? Either way I despise handholding. But I digress, the real issue is that they are not even voiced, you have to read their messages as text. And this also goes for all the trivia content included in the game. This is a baffling design decision to me. IDK what were they thinking?

Another thing is that you either hate or maybe neutral about is that the used car shop is on a rotation. And the cars are no longer priced based on performance as they used to be, but closer to real world value. For example a Countach is 760.000 credits. And with high reward races locked away, and cars not being sellable it will take a while for you to get to that kind of credits. And of course you can buy in game credits for real world money. It's a shame that even this series is now hit by predatory monetization, as if paid DLCs wasn't bad enough.

What bothers me also that the game doesn't even show the locked content, so you don't see what else is there to unlock. The only events and tracks that show up are the ones already unlocked.

And finally, lootboxes, WHY? When you win some events instead of getting a fixed reward you get lootbox mechanics, and 10 out of 10 times you get the worst reward. If the lootbox contains something crap you can bet that's what your reward will be. Why go through the whole dog and pony show, just give me the crap plain and simple.

That said it's still GT and I'll probably enjoy it for a while but this is sad.
  • Talking Heads
    I get it, but in games with voiced characters I will usually end up turning the subtitles on and reading at my own pace, anyway. Too much tutorial is definitely annoying. I think every game should give you the option of completely turning them off instead of just limiting the amount of information given.
  • Used Car Shop
    The used car shop has always been on a rotation since GT4. It is quite annoying and I hate it. I used a schedule spreadsheet on my last playthrough of GT4 and it was on a 1,000 day rotation. The worst part is some of the rarest cars only show up once or twice throughout the entire rotation.
  • Car Prices
    As far as I'm aware, car pricing in the GT series has always reflected the real world value versus their performance. The Legend Cars shop in GT7 is even regularly updating its pricing based on the value according to Hagerty's, from what I read.
  • Locked Progression
    This was expected from all the videos we've seen, but it is still a poor change. I like it better in prior games where your licenses and sometimes required championships/races were all you needed. Adding a level system is such a "Call of Duty" thing to do.
  • Microtransactions
    Being able to buy credits with real money was added in GT6. I never spent any real money on credits in that game and I won't this time around. I'll find out how the money earning is soon enough, but I hope it's like GT6 where the economy wasn't designed to try and get you to spend real money.
  • Unsellable Cars
    Now that has me worried. Again, I'll see what that is all about.
  • Lootboxes
    I don't remember which game(s) had it, but there were GT games in the past that gave you a random car from a pool of 3. It showed a roulette animation when the RNG ran. However, throwing credits into the mix is an asshole move. It sounds like an artificial way to make you do races multiple times.

• Talking Heads
    I get it, but in games with voiced characters I will usually end up turning the subtitles on and reading at my own pace, anyway. Too much tutorial is definitely annoying. I think every game should give you the option of completely turning them off instead of just limiting the amount of information given.
I don't want to read in games, any games I have to read NPC speech in is a skip. Here I just skip through their lines instantly, if they didn't think it was important enough to record a few voices, It is not important enough for me to read.
  • Used Car Shop
    The used car shop has always been on a rotation since GT4. It is quite annoying and I hate it. I used a schedule spreadsheet on my last playthrough of GT4 and it was on a 1,000 day rotation. The worst part is some of the rarest cars only show up once or twice throughout the entire rotation.
Used cars in those games were quite cheap you could buy the cool cars easily enough. In this if I missed the Countach due to lack of credits who knows when will it show up again?
  • Car Prices
    As far as I'm aware, car pricing in the GT series has always reflected the real world value versus their performance. The Legend Cars shop in GT7 is even regularly updating its pricing based on the value according to Hagerty's, from what I read.
There were some exceptions that cost 10 million credits, but most prices weighed heavily on performance, you could get legendary cars on the cheap.
  • Locked Progression
    This was expected from all the videos we've seen, but it is still a poor change. I like it better in prior games where your licenses and sometimes required championships/races were all you needed. Adding a level system is such a "Call of Duty" thing to do.
I have no problem with some progression, but your car should be the measure of your progress in GT, that was the meat of it. Buy upgrade sell, repeat. Now that's all replaced with grind for XP.
  • Microtransactions
    Being able to buy credits with real money was added in GT6. I never spent any real money on credits in that game and I won't this time around. I'll find out how the money earning is soon enough, but I hope it's like GT6 where the economy wasn't designed to try and get you to spend real money.
Being able to sell prize cars made it quite easy to get enough credits to buy any car you wanted, so there was really no good reason to spend on credits unless you were really impatient.
  • Unsellable Cars
    Now that has me worried. Again, I'll see what that is all about.
The way it is presented, the end goal of the game is no longer to complete all races, but to own all the cars.

I think the issue with the install times is it's downloading it all instead of installing it from disk and then just downloading the patches. What's the point in having the disk in the first place?

I think the issue with the install times is it's downloading it all instead of installing it from disk and then just downloading the patches. What's the point in having the disk in the first place?
The disc is a DRM check that you can sell later, that’s about it.

So I just was reading that Sony turned on Microtrasactions for GT7......And they want for some of the cars between $100-200?......WOW talk about a money sink. I was honestly thinking of buying this, but yeah I think will pass until that shit gets lowered or is gone period.

So I just was reading that Sony turned on Microtrasactions for GT7......And they want for some of the cars between $100-200?......WOW talk about a money sink. I was honestly thinking of buying this, but yeah I think will pass until that shit gets lowered or is gone period.
You can unlock the cars with in game money I believe, that’s just a shortcut if you don’t want to grind credits.

But ya it’s sneaky to do that after all the reviews are published.

You can unlock the cars with in game money I believe, that’s just a shortcut if you don’t want to grind credits.

But ya it’s sneaky to do that after all the reviews are published.
yeah but it depends how much you can earn. When a car cost 20 million GT7 credits. How easy is it to make that in game?

yeah but it depends how much you can earn. When a car cost 20 million GT7 credits. How easy is it to make that in game?
Its not easy, but most of the ultra rare cars aren’t the main ones used in multiplayer so I doubt it will affect the experience much to not own it. If you are a completionist then yes it would be annoying.

Maybe someone will find a race combination that is good for grinding credits, we will have to wait and see.

Its not easy, but most of the ultra rare cars aren’t the main ones used in multiplayer so I doubt it will affect the experience much to not own it. If you are a completionist then yes it would be annoying.

Maybe someone will find a race combination that is good for grinding credits, we will have to wait and see.
yeah I guess we will find out if the microtransactions are pay 2 win......Either way I am going to wait it out. So many games right now anyway, rather avoid getting screwed over.

I feel like this game was designed for people with wheels. Maybe there is a controller setting or something, but i'm on A9 and i simply cannot make that turn the way dude does in the demo. Like my turning radius is not that small, no matter how slow i go i cannot exit and clip the end of the rumble strip. I'm on try 300 probably.

***edit
Whatever the hell countersteer assistance is, turn that shit off asap. Why is this on by default, you can't turn the car.

Last edited:
I played the initial mini game on the controller and the dual sense triggers felt pretty good. Now I’m waiting for the opening documentary to finish.

OMG i've been cursing this game for 5 hours, just realize i'm not in game mode on my TV. No wonder everything handles like ass. I'm so dumb.

Anyone with OLED know what's going on with my TV here? I get these variable black bars coming in from the bottom of my display during bright scenes now. See here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GrqvJumc5RzVrdFJ7

I first saw this playing Horizon FW a couple weeks ago and thought it was the game glitching out, but now I'm seeing it in some scenes on GT7. I hope my TV isn't dying or something. Sometimes it encroaches much more into the display and lasts longer as well.

Nope, there is no excuse. Everything should be attaniable through natural progression in the game. If you have to grind at all, the game has already failed in a way.

yeah I guess we will find out if the microtransactions are pay 2 win......Either way I am going to wait it out. So many games right now anyway, rather avoid getting screwed over.
Please don't do this. Don't sign up to the narrative that insane "macro" transactions are OK as long as they are not pay to win.
OMG i've been cursing this game for 5 hours, just realize i'm not in game mode on my TV. No wonder everything handles like ass. I'm so dumb.
LOL, same thing happened to me. Guess I haven't turned on my PS4 Pro for so long that the TV forgot that it needs to switch to game mode. I was thinking they just didn't care about the PS4 experience and released the game this laggy.

Nope, there is no excuse. Everything should be attaniable through natural progression in the game. If you have to grind at all, the game has already failed in a way.
You must be new to GT games then because all the versions I played had some moment when you had to grind for credits to get every car. I know I did in GT2.

They don’t just hand everything to you along with a participation ribbon.

You must be new to GT games then because all the versions I played had some moment when you had to grind for credits to get every car. I know I did in GT2.

They don’t just hand everything to you along with a participation ribbon.
LOL, I actually just finished GT2 a few months ago, and no, I never had to grind or repeat races to progress. Sure you can't buy every one of the cars, but that was never the goal of the game. I only purchase cars that are of interest to me. This is brand new with GT7 that now you can't sell cars and the goal is to collect all of them. With all previous games I just sold crappy reward cars, that'd never drive anyway and that gave more than enough credits to buy any car I wanted.

LOL, I actually just finished GT2 a few months ago, and no, I never had to grind or repeat races to progress. Sure you can't buy every one of the cars, but that was never the goal of the game. I only purchase cars that are of interest to me. This is brand new with GT7 that now you can't sell cars and the goal is to collect all of them. With all previous games I just sold crappy reward cars, that'd never drive anyway and that gave more than enough credits to buy any car I wanted.
You aren’t reading or aren’t understanding. I never said you have to grind to progress. I said you had to grind to collect all the cars.

You don’t need to buy cars with real money, it’s just an option that you can choose if you are impatient.

The game will likely hold your hand and give you everything you need until all mode and tracks are unlocked. I just unlocked multiplayer and have 100,000+ credits and over 10 cars given to me for free.

You aren’t reading or aren’t understanding. I never said you have to grind to progress. I said you had to grind to collect all the cars.
I understand perfectly, you don't have to collect all the cars, that's a goal you set for yourself in previous games. So whether you have to grind to achieve it or not is of no consequence to the rest of us who just want the cars we wish to drive.
You don’t need to buy cars with real money, it’s just an option that you can choose if you are impatient.
You don't need to, you can grind instead, which was the actual complaint. Pay or grind. This wasn't the case with previous installments.
The game will likely hold your hand and give you everything you need until all mode and tracks are unlocked. I just unlocked multiplayer and have 100,000+ credits and over 10 cars given to me for free.
You get cars, but in the previous games you could sell prize cars, now you can not. The only source of credits is grinding or microtransactions. Why do you try to deny that this is a change for the worse? And one that is clearly aimed to encourage spending real money.

One negative I noticed last night is the menu system is a mess. It takes way to many button presses to get around. For example the normal game loop is go into the cafe, cancel through all the dialogue, get your mission, go to the garage, get in the car you need, go to the tuning shop if needed, go do three races, then repeat. They really need a quick access button to change cars.

Well you should go back to the beginning and try to understand what I'm actually complaining about.

You don't need to you can grind instead, which was the actual complaint. Pay or grind. This wasn't the case with previous instalments.

You get cars, but in the previous games you could sell prize cars, now you can not. The only source of credits is grinding or microtransactions. Why do you try to deny that this is a change for the worse? And one that is clearly aimed to encourage spending real money.

You are complaining about something that hasn’t been proven yet. Where has it been stated that you need to grind to unlock the majority of the content as far as tracks and game modes go? Owning every model of car without grinding isn’t a realistic expectation. Name one game that gives you a 100% completion trophy without doing some type of repetitive task or grind?

You will get the majority of car types by playing the game. If you want the 20 million credit Benz from 1929 then you grind for it or buy it with credits. That doesn’t sound out of the ordinary to me.

You are complaining about something that hasn’t been proven yet.
Which part of "you are not able to sell cars" is not proven?
Where has it been stated that you need to grind to unlock the majority of the content as far as tracks and game modes go?
That was an unrelated part of my complaint. Literally everything is locked away in the game. While you can't unlock races faster by paying, that doesn't mean it is a welcome change to the progression.
Owning every model of car without grinding isn’t a realistic expectation.
You are the one wanting to own every car, not me. I specifically said multiple times now that I only wish to own the cars I want to drive, the rest is clutter.
Name one game that gives you a 100% completion trophy without doing some type of repetitive task or grind?
Again, 100% completion trophies wasn't even mentioned until now. Stop shifting the goalpost. First it's owning all cars, now it's 100% completion trophy, I don't care about either of those things.
You will get the majority of car types by playing the game. If you want the 20 million credit Benz from 1929 then you grind for it or buy it with credits. That doesn’t sound out of the ordinary to me.
You get random crap by playing the game, except in previous games you could sell the prize cars and buy what you actually wanted instead. Now you can not. So if you want a specific car you either grind hard and long, or pay. Please tell me that now you are starting to see my problem?

Which part of "you are not able to sell cars" is not proven?

That was an unrelated part of my complaint. Literally everything is locked away in the game. While you can't unlock races faster by paying, that doesn't mean it is a welcome change to the progression.

You are the one wanting to own every car, not me. I specifically said multiple times now that I only wish to own the cars I want to drive, the rest is clutter.

Again, 100% completion trophies wasn't even mentioned until now. Stop shifting the goalpost. First it's owning all cars, now it's 100% completion trophy, I don't care about either of those things.

You get random crap by playing the game, except in previous games you could sell the prize cars and buy what you actually wanted instead. Now you can not. So if you want a specific car you either grind hard and long, or pay. Please tell me that now you are starting to see my problem?
You are shifting the goal posts, all I’m saying is that buying all the cars is optional. I didn’t even reply your post initially when I stated that, I was replying to someone else.

I’m ignoring your complaint about selling cars as it wasn’t even part of my original post and isn’t really a concern of mine.

You can progress through the majority of the game from what I have seen without grinding which is where my point stands. If you want all the cars then you might have to play a while, which is the same as any other game.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
You are shifting the goal posts, all I’m saying is that buying all the cars is optional. I didn’t even reply your post initially when I stated that, I was replying to someone else.
I DON'T WANT TO OWN ALL THE CARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that font large enough?
I’m ignoring your complaint about selling cars as it wasn’t even part of my original post and isn’t really a concern of mine.
First you say my complaint hasn't been proven, now you say you are ignoring it LOL. Goalposts are not even in play anymore.

Back