Back in the days of the PS2 I never spent more time in a game than in Gran Turismo 3: A Spec. I remember spending hours and hours tuning the shocks, aero, gear timings, and everything about the cars so a ridiculous degree. However once I played Forza I completely stopped with Gran Turismo. Forza to me just felt so good to drive, and I never played another GT game since... UNTIL I played GT Sport recently after getting my hands on a PS5 finally. Well, I don't know what it is but it's just too complicated for me. I don't know how else to put it. It's so self-explanatory picking an event, car, and getting into a race in Forza Motorsport 7... however with GT Sport I get this world map, and then there are a million options scattered all over the interface... I just don't know what to think of this. I got into a race finally but the driving just wasn't fun.

I will give GT 7 a chance via Gamefly, but I am leery of this series now.
I always thought GT was the better game. I also never thought Forza felt right with a steering wheel, while GT has been damn near perfect with a wheel since GT4.

Reactions: M76
like this
I've just seen GT7 pre-orders locally for $100, WTF Sony? It's not even a special edition, just the regular pedestrian one.

I always thought GT was the better game. I also never thought Forza felt right with a steering wheel, while GT has been damn near perfect with a wheel since GT4.
Forza is undriveable with a wheel, the car just won't respond as it should. It completely ruins the experience for me. Even forza horizon is better with a wheel, which is supposed to be the more arcady title.

Forza is undriveable with a wheel, the car just won't respond as it should. It completely ruins the experience for me. Even forza horizon is better with a wheel, which is supposed to be the more arcady title.
Yes, the developer of the steering system has said that simulation steering is accurate, but normal steering feels more like how a car would realistically react to inputs. Bumps and whatnot are multiplied way too much through the steering in the game to feel good. I feel that simulation was made for controllers, but the developer said that wasn't the case.

I've just seen GT7 pre-orders locally for $100, WTF Sony? It's not even a special edition, just the regular pedestrian one.
That's the 25th anniversary edition. Its a PS5 disc, PS4 digital code. Soundtrack. in a steelbook. You start the game with $1,100,000 and 4 cars in your garage.

81PTPSFpNNL._SL1500_.jpg

That's the 25th anniversary edition. Its a PS5 disc, PS4 digital code. Soundtrack. in a steelbook. You start the game with $1,100,000 and 4 cars in your garage.
No, it is not the 25th anniversary edition, it is the basic PS5 version, listed at that price. There is absolutely no indication that this would be any special edition. We might not even get any special edition in Europe in physical format.
Given that this is a pre-order it is possible that its a mistake, but still it will be a cold day in hell when I pay $100 for a game.

81PTPSFpNNL._SL1500_.jpg
M76 lives in Eastern Europe, if I'm not mistaken.

M76 lives in Eastern Europe, if I'm not mistaken.

Amazon.de has the regular PS4 version for 69€ and PS5 for 79€ with the anniversary being 99€. Hasn't shown up yet on Amazon.co.uk to check their pricing. If he's in Eastern Europe though it should be cheaper. All depends on the VAT rates and what currency they're using. You can't really compare it to US prices though, need to compare to what other games are selling for, like the preorder for FIFA 22 for PS5 is 74€ and Amazon is only selling it in bundles with FIFA points starting at 84€.

For comparison Horizon Forbidden West preorders are exactly $70.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm curious how this game will run and look on a ps4 pro. With playstation releasing more games for the PC I don't really need/want a ps5 anymore and I'm not going to spend time trying to find one simply to play GT7.

I'm curious how this game will run and look on a ps4 pro. With playstation releasing more games for the PC I don't really need/want a ps5 anymore and I'm not going to spend time trying to find one simply to play GT7.
Looks like it'll run exactly like GT Sport does. That is to say, mostly perfect 60 fps.

Well good for them, I guess that still doesn't change the price here, does it? Not that €80 is such a good price either. That's almost $95, so... you are proving my point: SONY is trying to price gouge Europe.

Why are you converting things to dollars when comparing prices? It doesn't work like that, Europeans get to pay more for a happy meal too when using current exchange rates, guess McDonald's is price gouging Europe.

I don't know what the actual price is when you refer to "here" because you haven't told us where "here" is. If you want to pay US dollars for something, order it from the US and then you can complain about your government taking their share when you have to import it.

Why are you converting things to dollars when comparing prices? It doesn't work like that, Europeans get to pay more for a happy meal too when using current exchange rates, guess McDonald's is price gouging Europe.

I don't know what the actual price is when you refer to "here" because you haven't told us where "here" is. If you want to pay US dollars for something, order it from the US and then you can complain about your government taking their share when you have to import it.
The exchange rate between usd and euro has been similar for at least a decade, so that is nothing new. I always compared prices to usd, because publishers always declare their pricing in usd, ps4 games have been around $60 when converting the currency for many years, even going back to the ps3 era. So don't try to gaslight me, saying that's not how it works, when that is exactly how it worked for years. So if it suddenly stops working like that, that is a change, a change that I noticed.

This is again US privilege speaking like you are somehow entitled to get games at msrp but I'm not because I'm a dirty european peasant. Well you can shove that attitude right up your alley.
Why does it matter where here is? Do I get less rights at specific geographic locations? It's Europe, you don't specify either what state or county you are in the US when talking about stuff in general.

Last edited:
The exchange rate between usd and euro has been similar for at least a decade, so that is nothing new. I always compared prices to usd, because publishers always declare their pricing in usd, ps4 games have been around $60 when converting the currency for many years, even going back to the ps3 era. So don't try to gaslight me, saying that's not how it works, when that is exactly how it worked for years. So if it suddenly stops working like that, that is a change, a change that I noticed.

This is again US privilege speaking like you are somehow entitled to get games at msrp but I'm not because I'm a dirty european peasant. Well you can shove that attitude right up your alley.
Why does it matter where here is? Do I get less rights at specific geographic locations? It's Europe, you don't specify either what state or county you are in the US when talking about stuff in general.

I've lived in Europe for 9 of the past 12 years, I know exactly how the exchange rate works and the Euro has fluctuated by more than 40% over that time period, so take your gaslighting complaints elsewhere because you're the one doing it. Once again you've failed to say where you're trying to buy the games from, so it could be your retailer doing it and not the manufacturers. It doesn't matter what state you're in because taxes are added after the fact and no one quotes US prices with state tax included. There's no federal VAT that's built into the price.

That being said, in Germany the prices have been consistent across the board, they're charging 10€ more for PS5 games versus PS4 games and tier one titles are all the same price at release.

I don't know what to do. Do I play it on PS4? Or assuming it will be possible by march get a PS5? Or with Sony's recent streak wait for the PC version 2 years down the line. First world problems.

I think with Sony's release of games on PC I'm going to just wait. I like my PS4 pro but I bought it and played two games on it which are now on PC. I can't justify the purchase of a PS5 for GT7 when I can just play it on ps4.

Switched to Forza after Gran Turismo 6. I might be ready to give PlayStation and Gran Turismo a try again when this eventually comes out.

I’m still running and XBox One X, haven’t send anything compelling enough to upgrade yet.

Switched to Forza after Gran Turismo 6. I might be ready to give PlayStation and Gran Turismo a try again when this eventually comes out.

I’m still running and XBox One X, haven’t send anything compelling enough to upgrade yet.
For me there is no switching. I like both series, but I love Gran Turismo more. GT6 was my second favorite in the series after GT4.

For me there is no switching. I like both series, but I love Gran Turismo more. GT6 was my second favorite in the series after GT4.

I had tons of fun with Gran Turismo 6 as well. But I wanted a bigger selection of American and European cars. Seemed that with Gran Turismo they would add any car you wanted as DLC, as long as it was a Nissan GTR.

Unimpressed from what I'm seeing so far, they are playing catch up by doing the bare minimum and still underdelivering. GT sport had 366 cars this is just a minor expansion with now over *400* cars for GT7 many of which are padded racing variant clones and Vision cars that lacked cockpits. For comparison Forza 7 had over 700 (forza 8 will have over 800) and the supposed 'premium detail' that GT emphasizes doesn't hold up anymore when its competition has mechanical damage modeling in races and things like the doors, trunks and hoods can all be opened for most cars in Forza but still absent in GT.

VR is the best that this game has going for it imo.

Unimpressed from what I'm seeing so far, they are playing catch up by doing the bare minimum and still underdelivering. GT sport had 366 cars this is just a minor expansion with now over *400* cars for GT7 many of which are padded racing variant clones and Vision cars that lacked cockpits. For comparison Forza 7 had over 700 (forza 8 will have over 800) and the supposed 'premium detail' that GT emphasizes doesn't hold up anymore when its competition has mechanical damage modeling in races and things like the doors, trunks and hoods can all be opened for most cars in Forza but still absent in GT.

racing games in general have been under-delivering for a long time, imho.

as for forza vs gt, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, and claiming one is greatly superior to the other is dumb.

forza has a bigger and better car list for the most part but many of the forza 3D models are really, really below modern standards at this point. gt sport has a consistently high standard. while forza's best 3D models are as good as gt's best models, gt's worst models are far better than forza's worst.

don't really care about opening hoods and doors and trunks. that's a feature i use once for about 2 minutes then i never touch it again and just play the game.

the real strength in gt sport that i think will lend to a very strong overall experience in gt7 is the multiplayer component. safety and skill rating (splits), scheduled races, tires and pit stop regulations, stuff like that. granted forza 8 might really step their game up but that remains to be seen. after the cluster fuck that was forza 7, i'm not too confident, but i'm hopeful.

the changing time of day and weather conditions appear to be a huge step forward for GT and is another area where forza will need to really up their game to match that. it's too early to draw conclusions for sure but gt7 appears to have a truly dynamic time of day and weather system (i.e. where any track could be any time of day or weather condition and amount of change in either.) forza 7's system was just a simple canned "this track variant is sunset to night, this track variant is afternoon with rain, this track variant is fixed sunrise" and so on. forza horizon is closer to where 8 will hopefully be, but the clouds seen in GT are truly 3d and look FANTASTIC (like MS flight sim or something.)

Unless I am racing a sim I always turn all damage off in racing games. I never understood why damage was always made out to be a big deal for this game.

Unless I am racing a sim I always turn all damage off in racing games. I never understood why damage was always made out to be a big deal for this game.
Because it encourages you to race clean, more like real racing. instead of pushing against other cars to help your cornering, etc.

and if you do get damange, it should affect your aero dynamics. Thus affecting your speed and handling.

Because it encourages you to race clean, more like real racing. instead of pushing against other cars to help your cornering, etc.

and if you do get damange, it should affect your aero dynamics. Thus affecting your speed and handling.
I never had an issue racing GT5 or GT6 online with randoms while not using damage.

I never had an issue racing GT5 or GT6 online with randoms while not using damage.
Sure, play the contratrian. But, other than looking 'cool'----those are some of the bigger reasons people want damage in Gran Turismo.

Real life, extreme example: if a Les Mas Hypercar class car loses a mirror----its handling is affected noticeably.

Sure, play the contratrian. But, other than looking 'cool'----those are some of the bigger reasons people want damage in Gran Turismo.

Real life, extreme example: if a Les Mas Hypercar class car loses a mirror----its handling is affected noticeably.
if you know anything about GT Sport, you would know that the online racing (provided your own driver rating is decent) is generally very, very clean. WAY cleaner than anything you find in Forza.

I will say one thing about Gran Turismo…I do really miss Special Stage Route X. Almost tempted to bust out my PS3 and play it again.

This game is pretty much the defining factor in me getting a PS5. I totally skipped the PS4 here, and have only played to Gran Turismo 6 (I have many many hours invested into 5). I'm deffo looking forward to this game!

We get a glimpse of some more tracks in the below video. I spotted Le Mans, Suzuka, Laguna Seca, and High Speed Ring. There is an oval, probably fictional, that reminded me of Bristol but longer. There is a track that looks like Willow Springs (which was in Gran Turismo 6), but I'm not sure if that is what it was.

I hope they do the Dubai Autrodrome.

Need For Speed: Shift 2 had an amazing version of it. Really captured the contours and grades in the turns. The back half was a joyful challenge to drive.

Last edited:
Fanatec has an official wheel for the game. Available now is the Express version that comes with standard 2-pedal base and 90W power supply. This otherwise looks like an affordable option for a direct drive wheel, with the package coming in at USD $850. There will be more packages available after the game launches that come with a 3-pedal set, load cell for the brake pedal, and a more powerful power supply to support more torque from the wheel base.

https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wh...ng-wheels/gran-turismo-dd-pro-express-version
1640273190813.png

I hope they do the Dubai Autrodrome.

Need For Speed: Shift 2 had an amazing version of it. Really captured the contours and grades in the turns. The back half was a joyful challenge to drive.

There are supposed to be 4 or 5 more tracks that haven't been confirmed, yet, according to GTPlanet. This is the list of confirmed real circuits so far:
1640272854641.png

Back