* There'll be downloadable carts and tracks post release
* Four different driving views
* Car damage
* All Ferrari models, even F1 cars
* New city tracks
* Online racing for 12 to 20 drivers
* Dynamic weather during races

I want it now!!!

It does sound pretty good, but from what I understand they may only do damage modeling for the race cars, and not for the normal cars? Is the release date in stone yet?

Sony and Microsoft really need to release GT5/Forza 2 for the PC....they never will, but I'm going to keep the hope alive.

They should release Forza 2 as a GFW title and revamp it with G25 support. Win win situation for them and the end user

It does sound pretty good, but from what I understand they may only do damage modeling for the race cars, and not for the normal cars?

From what I have read yes, only race cars. Their reasoning being is that they want to due true life damage and manufacturers will definitely have a problem with that on a production car so why waste time adding in paint flaws on all 700+ vehicles? So they reserved it to race cars only. Again, that is just what I have read so far.

From what I have read yes, only race cars. Their reasoning being is that they want to due true life damage and manufacturers will definitely have a problem with that on a production car so why waste time adding in paint flaws on all 700+ vehicles? So they reserved it to race cars only. Again, that is just what I have read so far.

Right, except Forza has full damage on all cars...clearly it isn't all that big of an issue for manufacturers.

Right, except Forza has full damage on all cars...clearly it isn't all that big of an issue for manufacturers.

Isn't Forza a little bit more arcadish compared to GT:5? I thought GT:5 was supposed to be a "driving simulation"... So not only would the physics and game play feel real... but adding "realistic" car damage could possibly upset some manufactures? Trying to represent real life driving and trying to make realistic damage I think would upset some.

Isn't Forza a little bit more arcadish compared to GT:5? I thought GT:5 was supposed to be a "driving simulation"... So not only would the physics and game play feel real... but adding "realistic" car damage could possibly upset some manufactures? Trying to represent real life driving and trying to make realistic damage I think would upset some.
read your last sentence there..am I the only one that sees the irony? ;) And to answer your question...Forza is not an arcade racer and many feel that the physics are more realistic than GT4.

Let's not turn this into a Forza vs. GT debate...

Sorry, not trying to do that.

Both Forza and GT are simulations, and from what I've seen from the demo videos of Forza 2 they certainly have gone the "extra mile" to get the highest possible level of accuracy; I'm just saying that Forza decided to include it on production cars, so that isn't a valid reason not to include damage because the manufacturers would get upset.

on the gaf forums they said slight damage for all cars, and full damage for racing cars. Perhaps that is the way they will go.

on the gaf forums they said slight damage for all cars, and full damage for racing cars. Perhaps that is the way they will go.

I'm sure it would save the dev team some bucks too. I think according to the info I've seen this is all up in the air as of right now.

Back