Gran Turimso 4 U.S. Release Date Finalized

great news! i thought it got delayed till like march 16th, but ill definately take this :cool:
hopefully the psp wont be long away.

I'd be wary of getting a PSP on launch day. I hear there are hardware kinks that need to be ironed out (dead pixels among these kinks). Not to mention there will most definately be a supply shortage when it hits North America.

Tofu Drift said:
I'd be wary of getting a PSP on launch day. I hear there are hardware kinks that need to be ironed out (dead pixels among these kinks). Not to mention there will most definately be a supply shortage when it hits North America.
If theres a supply shortage wouldnt you want to try to get it on the first day?
Hardware kinks? that was the japan launch, they might have fixed some things who knows, besides--im sure the psp will have a warranty.
Dead pixels? all lcd's can get dead pixels, even the DS got their batch of them. Its just a risk you take.

plus, ive got my psp paid off and preordered so when it comes out all i gotta go do is pick it up.

anyways back on topic, GT4 :cool:

Anyone know exactly what cars will be drivable? Is there a list? I might buy PS2 for this game.

Very good news. Only game I think I can take a break from wow for :)

mInk3nine said:
Anyone know exactly what cars will be drivable? Is there a list? I might buy PS2 for this game.

There will be 650 cars. Sony's announced 353 to date.

Go here, click Car Element on the left, then Car List.

Still no online. Glad I didn't preorder. Shame, too, because I was looking forward to this game.

Kevin Lowe said:
Still no online. Glad I didn't preorder. Shame, too, because I was looking forward to this game.

Yeah thats what i was looking forward to. No online =\

fyi, that kid is not really driving. His dad did that and its just a replay. ;)

Bad_Boy said:
If theres a supply shortage wouldnt you want to try to get it on the first day?

Nope, personally not a fan of getting new hardware on the day of launch (hate the lineups and the hassle, but that's just me). I'd be less inclined to get it when its not easily and readily accessible (people [non-retail] can just jack up the prices as much as they want, just like what happened on eBay when PS2 first came out), but it is nice to be the first one on the block with it.

But since you got it preordered, you shouldn't have any problems with that. Good luck with your PSP and I hope they do have their kinks ironed out when they come to North America! :D

btw, the video of the kid is awesome... you'll notice he does counter-steer...

Back to GT4--I can't wait to trick out the McLaren F1.

while there is no online mode now, they have a way to play it online in the works . i think theyre testing it in japan still but it works.

thought i had the link to the site , cant find it

doesn't matter to me if there is online play or not.i pre-ordered it and still have to pay off game crazy $30 bucks.

i have no room for a racing wheel nor a place to set it.

aww, they don't have my scirocco but at least there's a 76 Golf GTi and a Polo GTi

drewb99 said:
cobra

? AC is british and they build a good replica, but the origional is American.
Actually the AC Cobra is the original and Carol Shelby popularized it by using it as a racecar. Look under Shelby for the American version.

Interesting link time:
This is the kind of thing that makes me want GT4 bad.

Go here for the translation, but the pictures don't work.

Looks like I know what I am getting myself for my birthday. A PS2 and GT4 with a good wheel to follow shortly. Played the Chinese version over the weekend. Looks great, sure will be a lot more fun though when I understand what's on the screen. :p

OMG. I just noticed, 1987 Buick GNX

/don't need to see any more of the list

It's about goddamn time!

I really expect this game to be perfect in every fashion, and to be honest I think Polyphony may deliver.

Actually, IIRC, the AC/Shelby Cobra IS a British car... it's just that Carroll Shelby recognized the possible prowess of the car if it had a more powerful engine in it. So he shoehorned various Ford engines into it (notably the 427) and slapped his name on it.

I really want this: www.playseats.nl and a Logitech Driving Force Pro to play this game...

Hahaha. Just called work to let them know I'll be missing the 22nd. ;)

Back