Grammar Lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodle Boy

Limp Gawd
I notice when I play games like counterstrike some players say things like "Dude, I so totally PWNED you"

If you were to sound out the term "PWNED", how would u say it? The guy on pwned.nl says "pooned" and this guy on the server i play on says "powned", like owned, with a p in front of it. So what is the real way to say it? I wish that term has a vowel in between the P and the W lol :confused:

it's not meant to be said any differently than OWNED. imagine you "missed" the O and hit the P.. that's it

and if that's what bothers you, you aint seen nothin :p

i think its meant to be said "powned'' or "poned", but im not the expert on 13 year old slang terms, its just what i think of when i see the word.

Let's just say that you're not supposed to read all words out loud. "Owned" seems to be the best solution.

pwned is just the 1337 form of owned...it all comes from someone who couldnt type and everyone picked it up. Kind of like my friends use moce instead of nice cause I was too stupid one night and typed moce lol

mulpsmebeauty said:
And while we're on the subject, what about "teh"?

As in "I am teh 13370r and totally pwned you rofl"

"I'm the ...

*Brain explodes*

mulpsmebeauty said:
And while we're on the subject, what about "teh"?

As in "I am teh 13370r and totally pwned you rofl"
translated this means "I am the (kinda like the man) hacker and totally got you. rolling on the floor laughing."

It's like a whole new language where only the fastest learners survive!

Or the biggest geeks. One of two.

owned.gif

111133t_cereal.jpg

post-81-1081660877.jpg

mulpsmebeauty said:
It's like a whole new language where only the fastest learners survive!

Or the biggest geeks. One of two.
true, but if I have to pick I'll take this one over eubonics! :D

adam7488 said:
I can't belive a discussion was just helt about leet speak. :eek: lol

HaX0R !!!!1111

Lol - I do find it all quite funny as well. There's certainly things that still get me scratching my head. I only ever use such terms for 'comedy' effect, I must point out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back