GPUs available and shipped from Amazon Japan

No. You just foolish for leaving money on the table when you not using it.

Exactly what I've been doing with my Titan X.

I don't give a damn about the money. The card - and the damn 3090 I still haven't been able to actually buy - is for machine learning work, not crypto.

...Or government takes over and the value drops to fifty dollars. Muah!! Right in the bloody kisser!

Mates, this is a dangerous game. Sell now and never look back. You are in danger of losing e everything. Everything will become very clear soon. In the near future. Gambling is only for big, because average stands to lose everything after winning couple times. It has happened before nd it will happn again.

Please adhere to my advice. Tha k you.
China already banned BTC, twice. It's currently illegal in China for any exchanges or banks to work with Crypto currency - effectively trying to strangle it. And yet, communist China, can't.

China. Where > 50% of crypto was mined, made it illegal, and yet Crypto didn't die. Ironically Musk's tweets seem to swing Crypto at least half as much as China's communist government's stranglehold control over > 1 billion people.
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/373504

The US is already taxing it heavily as an asset instead of a currency. Tax on mining acquisition, tax on exchange to like kind, tax on withdraw/convert to USD. Suppressive tax laws that are likely illegal and will probably be thrown out/revised at a later date.
What more tax can they do? Saying the US will take crypto over is akin to saying the US will take over Gold or Silver or any other asset store of value wealth - except its even more impossible for the government to take over crypto. (IMO).

This will go down like the alcohol prohibition if they try. It won't work - and it will probably just spark it more over the course of time.

The genie is out of the bottle.

Last edited:
I own 5 of the current generation in various forms (3090/80/70 + 2x 6800XT), although I'm giving the 3080 to a friend once the second 6800XT is back from RMA.

The ROI on mining isn't significant enough,

Thought about mining a few yrs ago, bought 7 1070's..never got that far. But I need a latest gen GPU to go with my new 5950xCPU, just acquired. ? Wanna sell me one from your abundant kitty?

Thought about mining a few yrs ago, bought 7 1070's..never got that far. But I need a latest gen GPU to go with my new 5950xCPU, just acquired. ? Wanna sell me one from your abundant kitty?
The 90 and 70 are in constant use. The XTs one is, the last not as much. I got lucky early on before it got totally nuts. Lemme think a touch, but I’d have to find a replacement for it if I did that...

Whatever floats your boat, but I don't understand why people AREN'T thinking in terms of ROI with everything they own at some level.

Plus, I disagree with your premise that "what it was meant for" is gaming. You can say that's how YOU like to use it, but anything else is subject to debate.
I agree with Kirby about ROI but depreciation should play a major role into used market pricing too.

I agree with Kirby about ROI but depreciation should play a major role into used market pricing too.
What depreciation? You can sell used GPUs for retail price easily right now. Even during normal times if you’re smart about when you buy and sell you can sell heavily used GPUs for 2/3 what you paid.

What depreciation? You can sell used GPUs for retail price easily right now. Even during normal times if you’re smart about when you buy and sell you can sell heavily used GPUs for 2/3 what you paid.
Electronics in general have moved this direction for some reason. I'm not really sure why.

It's the same in home audio. If you buy a brand new projector, and then resell it about 3 months before the new model drops - you can usually sell it for 80% or more of what you bought it for. If you happen to know a dealer and can get it below list price, you might even break even, If you wait another year or release cycle that same projector might be worth 30-40% of new.

GPUs have been doing the same thing to a degree. It's a good way to keep on top of the tech trends.

Back