GPU-Z reports card as FAKE

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by Doozer, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Box looks fake as hell. Whens the last time Nvidia advertised Phys-X or used those Logos?

Proper Nvidia advertising, compare to your box, look at the logo's and word placing

IMG_0930.jpg

AceGoober likes this.
  2. Jandor

Jandor Limp Gawd

I got stolen on Amazon markeplace. Amazon did nothing, and on the contrary blocked my posts wouldn't answer my calls. I've been sold Canon heads as new when they were totally faked to look new and they were rinsed.

AceGoober and SamirD like this.
  3. ThreeDee

ThreeDee [H]ardForum Junkie

my wife has had her negative reviews of vendors deleted on Amazon .. pretty sketchy stuff

4. SamirD

SamirD 2[H]4U

Hardcore shady...all in the name of short term profits and long term economic disaster...:cautious:

N4CR likes this.
  5. GiGaBiTe

GiGaBiTe Gawd

Newegg stopped being a respectable retailer when they opened the floodgates to their "Newegg marketplace" several years back. They're no different from Amazon, flooded with cheap and counterfeit garbage from fly by night sellers. And just like Amazon, if you have a problem with a marketplace seller, they wash their hands of the matter and you're SOL.

Marketplace sellers actually outstrip Newegg in numbers of products by orders of magnitude, Newegg hardly sells anything anymore. I remember back in the day when they had a large selection of components, now they're more like an online version of best Buy that has bare essentials and nothing more.

tungt88 and SamirD like this.
  6. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

There is no long term economic disaster for Amazon. They going to own everything in 10 years anyway.

7. SamirD

SamirD 2[H]4U

Oh there will be when the Chinese buy them out after those 10 years. Then what's left of the USA? :eek:

And we approach this scenario at an alarming rate without fear. Somewhere in history it was said about the US is that we will wait until the absolute last second before we do what is necessary, but I'm afraid in this scenario we won't be able to save ourselves. Our dependence on China (and other import manufacturing) has become our biggest weakness.

8. SamirD

SamirD 2[H]4U

Yeah totally. They've got those shadies all over the place now. :(

9. tangoseal

tangoseal [H]ardness Supreme

Sorry you got robbed.

I never buy a gpu unless it's from HF, MCenter, Amazon Shipped by and sold, or Newegg. Never ever ever ever fleabay

SamirD likes this.
  10. GiGaBiTe

GiGaBiTe Gawd

"shipped by or sold" on Amazon means nothing. I've had customers buy supposedly genuine software (usually Windows or Office) directly from Amazon with the "shipped by or sold by amazon" moniker only to receive xeroxed product key inserts and cardboard boxes with a burned and hand written on CD/DVDs. The same for computer parts, ESPECIALLY laptop chargers. They'll show a picture of the genuine unit and what you'll get is one of those horrible fake generic Chinese black bricks with "REPLACEMENT AC ADAPTER" in big white letters on the bottom. They're all the same inside with just a different DC barrel plug on the end. They're dangerous and will kill your laptop dead, I can't tell you how many motherboards I've replaced in laptops where these counterfeit chargers killed them. Don't buy a $2000 laptop and cheap out on a $9 "AC adapter"...

Everything on Amazon is pretty much fake.

SamirD, Algrim and N4CR like this.
  11. SamirD

SamirD 2[H]4U

Ditto on this. After reading an article from years back on how a data center got fake xeons 'sold by amazon' twice, I've learned that the shady is all over amazon.