GPU Pci Express connector broken? Or am I just crazy?

BenqGTX580

n00b
Hello.

So I was upgrading my BIOS and installing drivers, and then realised some hours later upon booting that my screen showed weird green lines and such, and I instantly turned everything off, thinking it's the graphis card that was having problems.
After then having reinstalled Windows and double checked all the cables and such, I stress tested everything for hours and it works just fine, also in-games.

I suffer from paranoia so I am now worried that the Pci Express connector on my graphics card is broken, it looks like it when I look at it from certain angles, but now when I look at the pictures of it I don't see it as clearly.
I have been staring at this GPU Pci Express connector for hours now.

I now come to you experts here in the forum to simply ask; Does the Pci Express motherboard connector appear to be broken or bent in any way, or am I just being crazy?

Appreciated.

Attachments

• rx1.png
    rx1.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • rx2.png
    rx2.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • rx3.png
    rx3.png
    595.2 KB · Views: 0
  • rx4.png
    rx4.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • rx5.png
    rx5.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • rx6.png
    rx6.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • rx7.png
    rx7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Nope looks just fine. Pretty hard to mess up a pcie slot it generally works or not at all.

If it happens again maybe try lowering memory clocks but dont worry about it at all until it's a reoccurring problem

It was probably the display connector being slightly loose, I've seen it happen many times with DVI connectors, so try a different cable if you get the issue again.

If it was a power issue your card would likely shut down or have a more significant error. The problem you described sounds more like a display cable/connector issue or possibly a cracked solder joint somewhere on the card. Cracked solder joints are really annoying to diagnose because most of the time the card will still work fine...

Back