GPU mining moves to RTX 3000 laptops (AKA exploring new lows)

But they also do a lot more. Whether it's being a front loader and handling a larger load or has sanitary options like steam and UV or has better components and build quality? You don't think the $850 washing machine has a better motor in it than the $300 one? And that's just washers, same type things apply with dryers too.

Now I'm not saying that you should go top of the line but I certainly wouldn't go bottom barrel.
Depends on your use case. or me, it's going to take many moons to get an extra $500+ of value out of a washing machine (probably about the time I was within 6 months of the payback-period is when it would give out, knowing my life).

I don't mine but for shits and giggles i downloaded something from nicehash called quick miner. Installed it on my rtx2070 laptop and it is making $4.50 a day at what is shows as 100 watts. I can see why they would do it. Now uninstalling nicehash as my experiment is completed and running antivirus as we speak
Yup. Those numbers don't take into account some factors and often they are inflated based on a moment in time. But you could probably safely assume $3-4/day and then subtract your power costs, hardware depreciation (obviously a big cost for a laptop), etc. Good for you for checking it out versus just scoffing at it. GPU mining is pretty legit at this moment in time. Although I would not do it on a laptop...unless I was traveling for business a lot again and then I'd use the hotel's juice every night and crank my white noise machine lol.

Also - don't forget that the $3-$4/day is in BTC - which has been appreciating in value over time. So that $3 mined in December is worth $5 or so now, as an example.

Not sure about others, but don't quite like the idea that Cryto-currencies are being used as a veil for people to siphon off the value of the USD, and they don't deserve any of it. Fiat has plenty of issues by themselves, but those should be fixed first, not create a host of other issues.

Not sure about others, but don't quite like the idea that Cryto-currencies are being used as a veil for people to siphon off the value of the USD, and they don't deserve any of it. Fiat has plenty of issues by themselves, but those should be fixed first, not create a host of other issues.
How long have people been trying to “fix” it? Most recently it was printing money.

These activities have led to crypto surging in popularity.

How long have people been trying to “fix” it? Most recently it was printing money.

These activities have led to crypto surging in popularity.
How are cryptocoins any different, especially that massive minting of tethers that went into BTC and other coins, which is still under investigation? Piling on problems is popular, no doubt. It's not going to end well for the vulnerable and gullible, as in any predatory activity.

How are cryptocoins any different, especially that massive minting of tethers that went into BTC and other coins, which is still under investigation? Piling on problems is popular, no doubt. It's not going to end well for the vulnerable and gullible, as in any predatory activity.
It’s all validated on the blockchain. Money printers just go brrr

Fiat has plenty of issues by themselves, but those should be fixed first, not create a host of other issues.
Since the modern fractional-reserve days they have been impressively good imo.

Has of now, the printing part seem to have been a huge success.

Back