GPU/CPU Usage/Temp Monitoring in Games

[L]imey

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

I'm finally set up on my new laptop, and in order to monitor thermals on it, I've been using MSI afterburner and Riva Tuner Statistics Server to display the relevant stats in game.

However, for some reason after the other night, just having afterburner installed causes my cpu to idle 10 degrees higher than without. This is not acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone know of any other thermal monitoring option that doesn't require a ton of resources and overload the cpu at idle?

MSI didn't do this before the other night (but nothing changed other than a windows update) but now I can't get it to handle being installed and having proper idle.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

It seems strange that Afterburner would be causing higher temps. Have you tested uninstalling Afterburner?

You could try EVGA precision as an alternative for GPU monitoring.

Other software you could try are for monitoring the rest of your system are HWmonitor and Speedfan.

Is there something like afterburner that will display my CPU temp / GPU temp on the OSD while gaming?

Can’t get afterburner to show anything but my GPU temp

Is there something like afterburner that will display my CPU temp / GPU temp on the OSD while gaming?

Can’t get afterburner to show anything but my GPU temp
In settings you need to go to monitoring tab. There, select each setting you are interested in, and mark "Show in On-Screen Display", and so on.

upload_2019-7-15_0-41-8.png

Back