GPU Bestbuy drop happening now

Fucking sham.

Twice I got the 3080 FE in my cart, code verified, and THEY kept changing the pickup/shipping options whenever I would click to proceed to payment (which blocks it from proceeding) until it finally just says sucks to be you, out of stock now. I don't get it, its an item listed as "online only" so just ship the fucking thing to me from wherever, why does it fucking matter.

Today is the first day I just legitimately feel pissed off and angry about the whole situation with this market. I think I am done even trying for a while. I got medical stuff coming up that costs a bunch out of pocket. Time I get some god damn perspective.

God forbid I try to indulge a hobby after almost 7 years. What is this, fucking Soviet Russia and trying to buy a car?

Fucking sham.

Twice I got the 3080 FE in my cart, code verified, and THEY kept changing the pickup/shipping options whenever I would click to proceed to payment (which blocks it from proceeding) until it finally just says sucks to be you, out of stock now. I don't get it, its an item listed as "online only" so just ship the fucking thing to me from wherever, why does it fucking matter.

Today is the first day I just legitimately feel pissed off and angry about the whole situation with this market. I think I am done even trying for a while. I got medical stuff coming up that costs a bunch out of pocket. Time I get some god damn perspective.

God forbid I try to indulge a hobby after almost 7 years. What is this, fucking Soviet Russia and trying to buy a car?
Inventory is preallocated to physical stores for pickup to prevent bots from swallowing everything the instant it drops, and to act as a pseudo-lottery. Kinda shitty if your local store is undersupplied on a given drop, relative to demand, but it's kind of a least-bad solution.

You really only have a few second to hop in the queue and have any chance of checking out. By the time you see a thread like this it's already too late.
Best Buy is a bit different since they spread out the drops. Like when I got my 3090 back in December I tried to get a couple of 3080s that dropped first but wasn't quick enough. They had 3090FEs coming up, but I managed to buy an EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra before the button turned yellow on the FEs.

Other sites just toss stuff up there all at once. I actually stumbled upon a drop in progress on Newegg today. 6800s and one 6800XT. I've been checking NewEgg, Best Buy and and Microcenter occasionally just to see what they have. I'm more curious about stuff like 1660s and RX 5000 series cards. I didn't try buying one. Maybe I should have tried adding one to my cart just to see if I could, but I didn't. Making a thread about it would have been pointless. They were all gone in seconds. Seeing the prices on those makes me feel better about buying a 3090. $800+ for a 6800? $1000 for a 6800XT? Ouch.

I don't need a $1500 GPU
[snip]
...more time passes...
YES!!! I finally got a $2100 GPU
In my case it was:
I want a $700 GPU (3080)
I want a $650 or $700 GPU (6800XT or 3080)
I want a $650, $700 or $1000 GPU (6800XT, 3080 or 6900XT)
... A few minutes pass ...
YES!!! I bought a $1600 GPU. (plus tax, so closer to $1800)

I snagged my 3090 from Best Buy on 6900XT launch day shortly after amd.com sold out. I had a 6900XT in my cart a couple times and a 6800XT after that, but of course I got a site error and had to clear cookies and start over.

I don't need a $1500 GPU
I don't need a $1600 GPU
I don't need a $1700 GPU
I don't need an $1800 GPU
I don't need a $1900 GPU
I don't need a $2000 GPU
...more time passes...
YES!!! I finally got a $2100 GPU

lmao. If prices don't come back down by June, work's paying for it.

Just so you all know. Everyone that's paying 600-700 dollars over MSRP not including scalpers and miners, you are the problem also.

What was the price for that, just wondering.... I can only dream of seeing the add-to-cart button.

I think I might take a picture of the add-to-cart button and hang it on my wall so I can dream.
The ftw 3 ultra go for around $850 atm.

What was the price for that, just wondering.... I can only dream of seeing the add-to-cart button.

I think I might take a picture of the add-to-cart button and hang it on my wall so I can dream.
I think when I saw it, it was $870.

I have to eat my words a bit. I just snagged a Zotac 3070 tonight. Not my ideal choice but you know what, it will do.

I've given up on 3080's.

Good catch Sir! Where did you get it from?
Zotac website directly which was nothing short of a miracle it actually went through. Their site is slow as hell and had two 522 errors along the way.

Now I just gotta wait for either the Alphacool or Bykski waterblock to release for it from what I am seeing.

Just so you all know. Everyone that's paying 600-700 dollars over MSRP not including scalpers and miners, you are the problem also.
I think those of us in this thread are buying from stores, not scalpers, so paying MSRP (or as close to it as you can get).

I paid $1499+tax for my 3090. When the AIB 3080s are going for $900, this feels a little less bad.

Some AIB 3080's are hitting even more than that, and with the other 3090's at ~2k, the founder almost seems like a bargain lol

Zotac website directly which was nothing short of a miracle it actually went through. Their site is slow as hell and had two 522 errors along the way.

Now I just gotta wait for either the Alphacool or Bykski waterblock to release for it from what I am seeing.
How does Zotac's warranty handle users that watercool? Will they still honor the warranty? I have a 3070 Founders Edition arriving tomorrow, and considering waterblocking it as well, but not if nVidia will void the warranty if modified.
Some AIB 3080's are hitting even more than that, and with the other 3090's at ~2k, the founder almost seems like a bargain lol
Getting the 3070FE at $499 from Best Buy almost feels like stealing in this market. Well no, I feel like I got in and out of the market without getting robbed!

As time goes on, picking up a 3090 FE for MSRP because i was tired of trying to get a 3080 almost feels like I got a deal. Almost.

How does Zotac's warranty handle users that watercool? Will they still honor the warranty? I have a 3070 Founders Edition arriving tomorrow, and considering waterblocking it as well, but not if nVidia will void the warranty if modified.

Getting the 3070FE at $499 from Best Buy almost feels like stealing in this market. Well no, I feel like I got in and out of the market without getting robbed!
No idea. If it has the "warranty void if removed" stickers on the screws, those are unenforceable. Either way, I've water blocked all my GPUs since 2012.

Not that this is ideal for anyone, but here are a few complete systems with 3070, 3090 that you could simply gut...just a thought.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14826469-1...esktop-3700x-rtx-3070-16gb-ram-512gb-nvme?v=1

https://slickdeals.net/f/14825563-omen-30l-desktop-gt13-0380t-with-rtx3090-gpu-2659?v=1
Does not look like you could necessarily swap the video card in it and sell it and make money...
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If anyone snags a 3070 or 3080 from Best Buy, consider yourself a lottery winner. The cards are non existent here in MA. Nobody has any.

If anyone snags a 3070 or 3080 from Best Buy, consider yourself a lottery winner. The cards are non existent here in MA. Nobody has any.

I got a 3070 FE when this dropped happened for a buddy. My 3090 FE on the last drop.

I was able to snag an EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra. I'd like a 3080 but I think a 3070 will hold me over until this whole lack of stock fiasco clears up.

Last edited:
Ugh. Is it really worth keeping the order I put in for the WAY overpriced MSI 3070 3X for $815 after tax?
It can mine about $6-7/day looks like. so maybe? Or I sell my used Zotac for $800 on FB and keep the MSI?

Or just cancel the BB order because MSI?
kids comp is running a 7 yr old Geforce 770. Still works for the games they play, but a GPU that pays for itself still a GPU that pays for itself.

Ugh. Is it really worth keeping the order I put in for the WAY overpriced MSI 3070 3X for $815 after tax?
It can mine about $6-7/day looks like. so maybe? Or I sell my used Zotac for $800 on FB and keep the MSI?

kids comp is running a 7 yr old Geforce 770. Still works for the games they play, but a GPU that pays for itself still a GPU that pays for itself.
You should spend as much as you can. That's the idea.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this

In my opinion GPU prices have gone to shit but since you can mine crypto, the GPU will pay for itself over time (assuming that crypto prices do not change and the difficulty of mining stays the same). In that context, you can make roughly $6-7 per day mining with a 3070, so it's not bad. I would keep it and mine with it when I am not playing games

Back