GPS software for cell phone..

sniper991122

Supreme [H]ardness
I read a similar gps thread, and it said ask in mobile, but that was for laptops so I wasn't entirely sure where to put this... anyway..

I'd heard from a cell phone forum that with software you could track the location of the cell phone.. I've got the ip of my cell phone, and the person on the forum said they were going to find the link to the software, but never replied...

does anyone know of this software or where it is? (preferably free)

redhalo said:

okay, let me narrow it down... its a cingular x427, and everytime i used this google you speak of (yes im familiar :p) I always came up with hits similar to that, only they costed money... I was looking for something free before I pay to use some software once or twice..

offhand I dont know any however

sniper991122 said:
I always came up with hits similar to that
that can be remedied ;)
http://www.searchlores.org/

starting with > http://www.searchlores.org/main.htm#ring
One Google to rule them all with broad might, and americanocentric censorship, one Teoma to refine and refine and refine the queryes and find them, one Fast for the obscure deep web, to bring them all in the depth, and in the darkness bind them...
Basic
Learning to transform questions into effective queries
Combing Lore
Main Search Engines

BTW, yes the site is damn near impossible to navigate...by design
those are but the tip of the iceberg that is searchlores
The deep and uncharted web
excerpt:
The web is truly huge: at the moment there should be around 8 milliard/billions (indexable) pages on the web, according to most (self-proclaimed) experts. How many there really are is anybody's guess. Fact is that the main search engines (in this very moment, on a continuously moving landscape, Google, Fast, Wisenut and Hotbot-Lykos) cover at best one third of it, and probably far less. The pace of growth being amazing as well, there is no hope that the main search engines will ever be able to cope.
Hence search engines are not enough (by a long shot not enough) in order to search this huge bulk of scattered information, therefore different methods MUST be used to search the web.

But for searchers the huge number of sites and the incredible pace of growth are not motives of despair. In fact even if the web will continue to increase with the same incredible pace it has registered in the last years, its DIAMETER will remain low. Thus searchers will always be able to find what they are looking for, provided they know how to search and how to program their own [bots.htm] and [scrolls].

At the moment the diameter of the web is still around 19 'clicks'.
Since the average number of links per page is seven (on some sites you'll find hundreds of links, on some others: none), given the presumed dimensions of the web you should be able to hop from any Internet site to any other one using - on average - just 19 clicks.
NOTA BENE: This limit will not increase much with the growth of the web (there's a logarithmical correlation): it may increase to a maximum of 21 or 22 links - MAXIMUM -

Therefore (this is the important corollary): a seeker that knows his skills will always be able to find what he's looking for in a relatively short time, no matter how big the web is or will be, this being the "first optimistical law of seeking" :)
This said, the real chances that you can reach at all (I mean, not "on average") - from any random site - any random site clicking only forward are just around 25%.

Back