GPGPU workstation for work (need to buy not build)

watanabe

Limp Gawd
I need a GPGPU workstation for work (raytracing/rendering) and while I'd usually build a machine myself my workplace requires a purchase order/etc... Best deal I've found is through avadirect.com which I like because it seems like it's basically a newegg shopping cart that will be assembled for me. Wondering if there are any recommendations on other vendors/system builders I should consider, getting quoted around $7.4k for the following system (can get it down to just under 5k by switching to 780ti's instead of Titan blacks):

WORKSTATION PC, Core™ i7 X79 4-way SLI® CrossFireX™ Six-Core Graphics Computer Workstation

FRACTAL DESIGN, Define XL R2
LEPA, Gold G1600-MA 1600W
GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4
INTEL Core™ i7-4930K
NOCTUA, NH-D14
G SKILL, 32GB (4 x 8GB) Trident X DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (10-12-12-31) 1.65V SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC
x4 EVGA, GeForce® GTX TITAN Black SuperClocked Signature
SAMSUNG, 500GB 840 EVO Series SSD
MICROSOFT, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Edition, OEM w/ Media
WARRANTY, Silver Warranty Package (3 Year Limited Parts, Life-Time Labor Warranty)

Like I said, looking for advice on other vendors I should consider that may provide better support and/or price for something like the above system.

I'd go with Puget Systems as they just appear to be on the ball in regards to their knowledge of computer hardware:
http://www.pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php

You may not get the better price but I'm more than willing to bet you're getting the better service.

Also, unless your application has been shown to noticeably benefit from high-speed RAM, ditch the DDR 2400 and go with DDR3 1600.

Back