GPG dead - SupCom retail keys grandfathered into Steam Gold

Impulse keys work, downloading FA now. For the 3 other people who used Impulse.

Thanks!

I bought the original retail supcom, then bought the gold version from impulse and then the steam version when it came out.

I just found my impulse keys so I can give them to my son.

Too bad I never got the steam version to work...

Thanks!

I bought the original retail supcom, then bought the gold version from impulse and then the steam version when it came out.

I just found my impulse keys so I can give them to my son.

Too bad I never got the steam version to work...

if you use FAforever multiplayer client theres a way to modify the steam version to allow you to use FAforever instead of steam, even lets you do their updates without screwing up the steam version as well.

FYI for those of you who cannot get your keys to activate it, I'm actually (hopefully) getting somewhere with THQ support.

I contacted them yesterday and got a response a few minutes ago that basically said "Retail keys don't activate on Steam, buy it on Steam if you want a Steam copy"... So I replied with the link in the OP and asked what information was correct. I (very surprisingly) got another response about 2 minutes later that said he double checked and confirmed the information I provided was accurate, and my key should activate. He asked for my key, as well as a screenshot from Steam showing me the invalid key screen. I just sent that off, hopefully he responds quickly again. I'll post back if THQ sorts this out for me.

EDIT: Got another response, again just a minute or two later. They provided me a new CD key to try, and it worked. Activated both games through Steam. So, there is your answer fellas... if your key doesn't work just hit up THQ support for a new one.

Thanks for this...let me see if it works...

GPG was only for the 100 or so hardcore Supcom and FA players. I always played non-ranked games there for fun. Thermopylae with no air, arty or nukes and paras for all! ;)

wierd...I put in my D2D SupCom key and i'm downloading both Supcom and FA thru Steam. didn't need to put in my FA key.

wierd...I put in my D2D SupCom key and i'm downloading both Supcom and FA thru Steam. didn't need to put in my FA key.

Yeah, you only need one or the other to download both. If you're feeling charitable, give the other one to a friend or something. Free games FTW!

thanks just activated my sup com key, going ot have to try forged alliance now :eek:

I should also say, I contacted both THQ and Steam regarding my key not activating. Steam told me to pound rocks, THQ gave me a new key promptly. So, if you have trouble... don't bother with Steam support, go talk to THQ.

Just a reminder folks - either SupCom *or* FA key should get you the gold version on Steam. Hang on to that CD, because you will want the exe for setting up the FAF mod/lobby.

I should also say, I contacted both THQ and Steam regarding my key not activating. Steam told me to pound rocks, THQ gave me a new key promptly. So, if you have trouble... don't bother with Steam support, go talk to THQ.

Thanks for posting this. My SupCom:FA key wasn't working,one email to THQ is all it took to get it taken care of.:cool:

TBH, SupCom isn't as good without Forged Alliance. A totally different game with FA, more complex economy. I haven't played online since moving SC to Steam, how does it work now without GPG's interface? I know we can connect to an IP through the ingame one, but no clue about browsing games.

EDIT: NVM, I am retarded

if you use FAforever multiplayer client theres a way to modify the steam version to allow you to use FAforever instead of steam, even lets you do their updates without screwing up the steam version as well.

I tried installing this a week before this announcement, but couldn't find my key. After hearing this news I began tearing my lounge area up. Just recently I finally found it in my garage of all places. Brought out old monitor to use as secondary. Definitely taking some getting used to again.

Back