Gears of War or Rainbow Six Vegas

• Gears of War

Votes: 76 73.1%
  • Rainbow Six Vegas

Votes: 28 26.9%

• Total voters

Cpt.Carnage

Weaksauce
I hate to be one to do this but i simply cant decide and i really need a new game for my 360 so. I am aware Gears is all the rage interms of gaming but i cant help feeling that with all the hype and all the info and videos i have seen, i am already tired of the game. But, it is gears of war so i call apon the Hard form memebers to help me decide.

Gears of War
or
Rainbow Six Vegas

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated

Gears is much simpler and much more "run and gun," R6: V is much slower paced and more tactical. Go with what interests you more.

Personally I think that Gears is simply alot more "fun" than others, but fun is in the eye of the beholder.

I like both, and own both. But, agree with Kabob - the pace, tight maps, etc, in gears keeps folks more active and talking...adding to the 'fun' value.

I like the faster stop and pop pace of GoW in MP. I just don't like the host advantage.

They are both great and really fun. The only thing I don't like about R6 is that everyone tries to host 14 player games when their connections can only handle 8-10

its definitely a taste thing, but I like vegas alot more for multiplayer.

I've practically beaten Gears, while I really haven't touched R6. Thinking of selling it anyway.

as far as im concerned gow has raised the bar for shooters.......so gow ftw.

Gears is much simpler and much more "run and gun," R6: V is much slower paced and more tactical. Go with what interests you more.

Personally I think that Gears is simply alot more "fun" than others, but fun is in the eye of the beholder.

Agreed, plus you can come online in Gears and play with me and kabob!

He's nasty though, I suck lol.

IMO... Gears gets boring quick. Single player and coop can be fun, but are way too short. When you play online, it's pretty much the exact same game with some slightly different rules; but pretty much a shotgun fest.

R6V has a TON of multiplayer coop and adverserial modes. I've been playing R6V twice as long as gears and am nowhere near bored with it.

I like both and most of the people here are spot on as far as GoW = more run and gun vs R6 = more tactical. I haven't played R6 online but GoW I absolutely get dominated. I probably just need to play more... hmm.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either game if you like action shooters.

IMO... Gears gets boring quick. Single player and coop can be fun, but are way too short. When you play online, it's pretty much the exact same game with some slightly different rules; but pretty much a shotgun fest.

R6V has a TON of multiplayer coop and adverserial modes. I've been playing R6V twice as long as gears and am nowhere near bored with it.
while i agree that SOME maps can be shotgun fests if you get on the right maps just pick up that sniper and lay those shotgun whores to death.......which does take a wee bit of practice to pull of in proper fashion.

I have both and GoW is my choice. RB6:V is cool but just too slow paced for me. too much ducking and shooting. GoW is chaotic and a pop up and shoot kind of game.

I dont like gears of war. the Graphics are sick but the online to me is terrible. the single player is nothing to be impressed with either because its soooo short.

I have played Vegas and its a Great game and its more my type. Im more of a First person shooter and enjoy games like COD3, medal of honor and so on. Thats just my opinion and im sticking to it :)

Buy both. Enjoy.

But if you've only got money for one...damn, that's tough. I own both and will be hanging on to both of them for quite a while. GoW co-op is a fuckin' blast, though, much better than "Terrorist Hunt" in R6:V. I haven't played either online yet.

I guess read the back of the case, buy the one that interests you more at that moment, then buy the other one with the next paycheck:D

These are the only two games I've bought and you want me to vote on this??

They are both great games though I've enjoyed the multiplayer aspect of R6 more than GoW.

Gears gets my vote.... its just more fast pace and frantic while remaining tactical.

Back