Government Survey: Who Do You Trust With Your Data?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Make sure you head on over to the White House website and take this simple survey that lets the government know how you feel about data collection. Please have two forms of ID ready, social security number, proof of citizenship and the results of your most recent physical examination by a licensed physician.

If you fill this survey out honestly you will be added to the terrorist watch list.

I know I'm already on it. I'm a conservative Christian with ties to the Tea Party and gun rights groups.

I'm on it. Already know that. As a veteran I was on it the day I got out sadly. All vets are for I think 4-6 years after getting out.

I've been on it for a long time. Veteran, Christian, Gun Owner, Conservative. :mad:

As a Network Content Security Consultant and former network admin working government contracts, I know I'm on their watch list. At least the NSA's.
Liberal, Libertarian, and progressive. (Which means I'm a moderate) and gun owner too.

Welp filled out if I wasn't on it or already targeted (which is doubtful) I prob am now.

Well I have noticed blacked-out Suburbans with all kinds of antennas following me around for 20+ mile commutes :cool:.

I took it. It can't hurt... if they want information on me, I'm sure they already have it.

Make sure you head on over to the White House website and take this simple survey that lets the government know how you feel about data collection. Please have two forms of ID ready, social security number, proof of citizenship and the results of your most recent physical examination by a licensed physician.

Why? Are we voting in Arizona?

As a Network Content Security Consultant and former network admin working government contracts, I know I'm on their watch list. At least the NSA's.
Liberal, Libertarian, and progressive. (Which means I'm a moderate) and gun owner too.

Libertarian progressive? So you want less government then vote for more government or do you want more government then vote for less?

I barely trust myself with my data. that is why I don't keep my schizophrenia or multiple personally disordered in check with meds like I am supposed to. that way I can hide stuff between multiple personalities with none of them knowing everything.

I took it too and I mentioned that while the government agencies are collecting things legally to keep us safe, I was a lot more worried about companies like Google not getting the oversight they should have and being invasive. I'm all for federal, state, and even local agencies having access to effective domestic intelligence gathering data. There are a lot of people who own firearms and constantly complain about how their freedoms are going away who need to be watched really closely so they don't mess things up for normal citizens who are happy with life.

Saw Obama's face on the page and new it was a trap.

Obama, the new Ackbar? If that's not already a meme, it needs to be.

As someone who cautiously voted for him 6 years ago, I see his hardline defense of the Security State to be a huge back-flip.

I left a strongly stated 500 word reply, making my cynicism toward Washington clear. Maybe they'll move me up on the list! :D

Obama, the new Ackbar? If that's not already a meme, it needs to be.

As someone who cautiously voted for him 6 years ago, I see his hardline defense of the Security State to be a huge back-flip.

I left a strongly stated 500 word reply, making my cynicism toward Washington clear. Maybe they'll move me up on the list! :D

"Hold my peace" isn't an option, so if the only other choice is "Make myself a target," I guess that settles it. :-/

I took it too and I mentioned that while the government agencies are collecting things legally to keep us safe, I was a lot more worried about companies like Google not getting the oversight they should have and being invasive. I'm all for federal, state, and even local agencies having access to effective domestic intelligence gathering data. There are a lot of people who own firearms and constantly complain about how their freedoms are going away who need to be watched really closely so they don't mess things up for normal citizens who are happy with life.

These ones are for you:
Study: Internet Trolls Are Also Terrible In Real Life
Science confirms: Online trolls are horrible people (also, sadists!)

It's really weird that people find it so hard to believe that some of us don't have anything against the government or what it's doing. There are a lot of us out there and, I hate to say it, this forum is sort of a collecting pool for people who feel otherwise that makes it a sort of fringe place that attracts a lot of government attention (and rightfully so too).

Holy crap you guys are paranoid. Turn off the Fox news and go outside and socialized with the general populace.

Christian puts you on the terrorist list? Owning guns puts you on the terrorist list? Neither make me feel like Obama is out to get me. I do get the Teaparty part. You actually are proud to follow Michelle Bachmann?? I live in MN and have had to deal with her for years, so I can trash that psychopath hypocritical idiot. Please tell me you have at least studied what libertarian means and why it was reasonable in a developing nation but doesn't make much sense in an established, developed society.

I guess I don't get it. Do you personally know someone in which the gubernment showed up at their door and took them away in black helicopters?

It's really weird that people find it so hard to believe that some of us don't have anything against the government or what it's doing. There are a lot of us out there and, I hate to say it, this forum is sort of a collecting pool for people who feel otherwise that makes it a sort of fringe place that attracts a lot of government attention (and rightfully so too).

^ this.

^ this again. Although I have to say that the majority of gun owners aren't the fringe group you are speaking of. It's just the craziest, loudest, and the group that has the most time to whine. No one needs an AR-15 and the government isn't trying to take away your hunting rifle, shotgun, or handguns. Every gun owner I know (even those with large collections) isn't very concerned.

Well I have noticed blacked-out Suburbans with all kinds of antennas following me around for 20+ mile commutes :cool:.

hehe, trust me, you wouldn't know the creepy surveillance vans just by looking at them... they would look like any other work van ;)

they are only covered in antennas in the movies :)

I... uh... ya... wow

they see me trollin....

I filled it honestly. Even added some comments. I doubt it will be read or cared about, but it only took 5 minutes. As for being on a terrorist list, chances are I already am on one.

Death to infidels. Praise Allah.

Holy crap you guys are paranoid. Turn off the Fox news and go outside and socialized with the general populace.

Christian puts you on the terrorist list? Owning guns puts you on the terrorist list? Neither make me feel like Obama is out to get me. I do get the Teaparty part. You actually are proud to follow Michelle Bachmann?? I live in MN and have had to deal with her for years, so I can trash that psychopath hypocritical idiot. Please tell me you have at least studied what libertarian means and why it was reasonable in a developing nation but doesn't make much sense in an established, developed society.

I guess I don't get it. Do you personally know someone in which the gubernment showed up at their door and took them away in black helicopters?

Of course Bachmann is insane, but her mindset isn't really so different from yours: She's a raging lunatic who believes the US government should have absolute power internationally, and you apparently believe the US government should have absolute power domestically.

I know very well what libertarian means, and in case you don't, let the people at https://mises.org fill you in. I also know - apparently unlike you - that a respect for civil liberties and limited government cuts across party and ideological lines. Only the most craven of all people believe in absolute centralized power, and if you believe the NSA should have unlimited power, no transparency, and no accountability for presumed "national security" purposes, you're no liberal at all, because you've discarded every shred of classical liberalism and Enlightenment principles that liberalism was based upon before becoming corrupted by power-hungry maniacs.

Do I know someone who was taken away by black helicopters? No, but I sure know there are a lot of selectively enforced nonviolent offenses that keep being added to the law books, and that the police are becoming heavily militarized and unaccountable, and I read a story like this more than once a day on average:
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/w...s-kill-him-in-his-nursing-home/#ixzz2wVsoL9c3

You'd have to be absolutely insane (or complicit) to think all of this centralization of power and abuse without accountability is a good thing. Yeah, private citizens who own AR-15's are nutcases, because there's no plausible reason anyone would ever have to defend themselves against out of control police, secret police, and misused military forces. It's not like totalitarian governments ever emerge, and it's not like governments have killed several orders of magnitude more people than all private citizens combined over the course of human civilization or anything. :rolleyes:

I don't see the only answer I'd select: Myself.

It's my data for a reason. I only trust myself with my data. Well, that and my wife, and parents. Basically, a few select people who legitimately care about me and would go out of their way to protect me, like I would do for them.

Of course Bachmann is insane, but her mindset isn't really so different from yours: She's a raging lunatic who believes the US government should have absolute power internationally, and you apparently believe the US government should have absolute power domestically.

I know very well what libertarian means, and in case you don't, let the people at https://mises.org fill you in. I also know - apparently unlike you - that a respect for civil liberties and limited government cuts across party and ideological lines. Only the most craven of all people believe in absolute centralized power, and if you believe the NSA should have unlimited power, no transparency, and no accountability for presumed "national security" purposes, you're no liberal at all, because you've discarded every shred of classical liberalism and Enlightenment principles that liberalism was based upon before becoming corrupted by power-hungry maniacs.

Do I know someone who was taken away by black helicopters? No, but I sure know there are a lot of selectively enforced nonviolent offenses that keep being added to the law books, and that the police are becoming heavily militarized and unaccountable, and I read a story like this more than once a day on average:
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/w...s-kill-him-in-his-nursing-home/#ixzz2wVsoL9c3

You'd have to be absolutely insane (or complicit) to think all of this centralization of power and abuse without accountability is a good thing. Yeah, private citizens who own AR-15's are nutcases, because there's no plausible reason anyone would ever have to defend themselves against out of control police, secret police, and misused military forces. It's not like totalitarian governments ever emerge, and it's not like governments have killed several orders of magnitude more people than all private citizens combined over the course of human civilization or anything. :rolleyes:

Michelle Bachmann. 100% obvious flaming homosexual husband who started a chain of "pray the gay out" camps. Toes the position of no more government handouts, yet made a small fortune on farm subs.

Libertarian (in it's simplest) is an antiquated belief that private interests will invest in public infrastructure for the benefit of private interests. No one here that is saying that there should not be checks in place - no absolute power -, it's just that so many on these forums believe that the government is out to get them it's silly.

As for totalitarian governments... look at the societies they emerge in. Poor, decrepit... Your AR-15 is going to be taken off your dead hands by someone with a shotgun in the post apocalyptic horror film you all are so sure we are headed too anyway.

Oh. And I certainly trust everything I read on the internet. Especially from a special interest website!!

Oh. And I certainly trust everything I read on the internet. Especially from a special interest website!!

Try this one for the credibility you seek:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...previous-police-statements-park-forest-police
It's not the worst example of course, just a run-of-the-mill story I had off hand. While I'm at it though, here's another one I have on hand...the price of "cop disobedience" for children in the land of the free:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5LMQpkph1k

As for economic factors, I actually agree that economically decrepit societies are a lot more likely to lead to totalitarianism, but arguing about economic problems and solutions is far outside the scope of a thread regarding the worsening police state. It will suffice to say I've held leftist economic views in the past, and I no longer agree in the least.

I am sure that I am now if I was not already. I commented that I believe our president is a bold face liar and a terrorist, that his only goals in office are to dismantel the freedoms of American people and turn us in to a communist nation, root out all Christians. That I was tired of his lies taking from those who work and giving to those who will not. That his weak stance on Ukraine has deeply jeopardized national security as not we left ukraine out to dry those other countries we promised to stand by are now thinking hey USA will not stand with us time to make nukes. Almost all politicians are thieves and crooks looking out for self interest and not that of the American Consumer. I am a Baptist, hillbilly/redneck, nerd, multi gun owner, homesteader, almost off the grid TeaBagger who believes that I have a right to my AR 15's because if you have a right to heavily tax me to death and spy on my data with out due regard then you are probably the one I need the AR 15's for.

Back