Government Says If It Ends in .Com, It’s .Seizable

HardOCP News

[H] News
Uncle Sam says it can seize any .com domain it sees fit and all those other U.S. based domains too. Don't like it? Tough. :eek:

Such seizures are becoming commonplace under the Obama administration. For example, the U.S. government program known as Operation in Our Sites acquires federal court orders to shutter sites it believes are hawking counterfeited goods, illegal sports streams and unauthorized movies and music. Navas said the U.S. government has seized 750 domain names, “most with foreign-based registrars.” VeriSign, for its part, said it is complying with U.S. law.

Won't be long before this takes on an Orwellian course of nature.

I love the all telling first sentence:
The Article said:
Such seizures are becoming commonplace under the Obama administration. .

2012 Good Bye Obama.

Are we sure the gov'mt isn't trying to compete with GoDaddy and others in being the worlds largest registrar??? ;)

I love the all telling first sentence:

2012 Good Bye Obama.

O yeah there is not way Mitt Romney will ever do something like this......He'll probably close Guantanamo and retract the patriot act as well.

Clinton = Bush = Obama = Romney = any and every other democrat or republican whom both only care about money and power and create false differences to create an illusion of choice.

With exception of Ron Paul

This is kinda crappy.

I don't care at all for the politics, most of my favourite sports streaming sites have been taken down, but were almost immediately replaced with a .me or .eu link :) hopefully more of my sports streaming sites pick up.

Too bad its hard to get good soccer channels here in Canada. You guys have it a bit better down there than us up here.

The Onion Router

no, it is not a comical piece of networking hardware

get it, use it, relay it

Romney != Obama. As Einstein used to say, "Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler."

This is what happens when President Obama fills his cabinet with RIAA lawyers. Change my ass. Just more of the same BS.

I'd would guess that most of the people involved in the prosecution of these cases falls on the Conservative side of the equation -- as people in law enforcement often do.

BTW, the DOJ backed off the poker sites. The US Attorney's Office for the District of Maryland went after and seized an empty Bodog.com website for sports betting and money laundering.

O yeah there is not way Mitt Romney will ever do something like this......He'll probably close Guantanamo and retract the patriot act as well.

Clinton = Bush = Obama = Romney = any and every other democrat or republican whom both only care about money and power and create false differences to create an illusion of choice.

With exception of Ron Paul
Somebody sees things though clear eyes. :D

I'd would guess that most of the people involved in the prosecution of these cases falls on the Conservative side of the equation -- as people in law enforcement often do.

LOL. The DOJ is full of nothing but liberals. Just as when a republican is in office it's full of conservatives.

This is actually an interesting part of the war that the Bush administration started against online poker:

WTO dispute

Antigua and the United States have been involved in a long-running World Trade Organization dispute over U.S. restrictions on online gambling. The WTO ruled on January 25, 2007 that the U.S. is in violation of its treaty obligations by not granting full market access to online gambling companies based in the island nation.[22] On March 30, 2007 the WTO confirmed the U.S. loss in the case.[23]
On June 19, Antigua filed a claim for USD $3.4 billion in trade sanctions against the United States, along with a request for authorization to ignore U.S. patent and copyright laws. This claim was filed a day after similar demands for compensation were made by the European Union.[24]
The United States settled the dispute by granting concessions in other sectors. The administration of President George W. Bush refused to disclose the details of those concessions, however. In April 2008 Congressmen Barney Frank and Ron Paul called for the agreements to be made public. They stated that the concessions "could cost the United States many billions of dollars in compensation" and that the administration's invocation of "national security" as a reason to block disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) was "a misuse of the FOIA process."[25] When the administration continued to keep the information secret, Public Citizen brought suit on behalf of Ed Brayton, a journalist whose FOIA request had been denied.[26]

And while I'll agree that Ron Paul is an upstanding man, it is not fair to equate Romney with Obama in a multitude of fashions.

Wait, so what about .ca or .me? I've been wondering about this seizure thing and if the TLD matters, since TPB changed to a .se so if they did that I'm guessing the TLD does indeed make it harder for them to seize it. I'm sure they still can, but it's probably more paperwork and more crap they have to do at their end.

And while I'll agree that Ron Paul is an upstanding man, it is not fair to equate Romney with Obama in a multitude of fashions.

Romney's words mean nothing he is a political puppet for the republican party he will do what the people who paid him to run for office tell him to do, which will likely be identical to what Obama would do as they are both funded by the same people.

all their differences are not important and just for show.

Romney's words mean nothing he is a political puppet for the republican party he will do what the people who paid him to run for office tell him to do, which will likely be identical to what Obama would do as they are both funded by the same people.

all their differences are not important and just for show.

Untrue.

Such as??

You know... Raise the countries debt, establish laws to control the citizens (sorry, to protect us from ourselves), and act smug doing it.

Sure, he's done some good things, but it's not that difficult to do a few good things to move the attention from the shit.

You know... Raise the countries debt, establish laws to control the citizens (sorry, to protect us from ourselves), and act smug doing it.

Sure, he's done some good things, but it's not that difficult to do a few good things to move the attention from the shit.

Holy crap, the Bush Administration passed more legislation and created more crap to restrict personal freedoms than at any other time that I've been alive. Our debt is in large part is response to the policies that were instituted previous to our current administration's existence.

Bodog.com is a victim of UIGEA, a policy slipped into the SAFE Port Act moved into law by President Bush.

Obama, Bush, Romney... all the same crap.

Ron Paul is the only one who would change the game.

Such as sign the NDAA? That alone guarantees that I'd never vote for him.

The NDAA is a crappy piece of legislation, and Obama is an idiot to get involved with this type of policy; however, the history of the restriction of personal freedoms and general fascism favors the right side of the political spectrum with the exception of individuals like Ron Paul.

Starcrossed, you have yet to name one positive thing Obama has done while in office.

Back