gotta love activation limits...

misterbobby

2[H]4U
I felt like firing up Dead Space 2 again so I downloaded through Origin and then I was told the activation limit had been exceeded. What else is funny is that it has a link on that activation pop up to go to the support site but when you click on it, the web page is gets a 404 "Sorry, that page doesn't exist! message". lol

This happened a couple other times a few years back with some other games so I will have to just give EA a call or chat tomorrow and they will reset the activation. You would think they would just abolish that crap by now.

That sucks. It's stupid they haven't gotten rid of activation limits for old games. I have only had 1 game where I ran out of activations and the publisher reset it for me when I emailed them, and since then they've removed the limit on the game.

But in general I try and avoid games with activation limits.

Did you try going through this website?

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

I haven't had to do it, but that's what came up when googling the issue.

Call or live chat with EA. they will sort you out.
Yes I know and already said that I will tomorrow. EA has always been great and easy to deal with. It just seems odd that they still retain those limits as I think the last time I had to contact them about that was maybe 3 or 4 years ago with with Crysis Warhead.

The one thing i found shocking, is that ebook downloads on kindle apps is limited. to 5. Which is insanely low considering the amount of devices people have these days.

Lets see, Desktop, 2 laptops, phone, which only leaves 1 for tablets of which i have multiple. I mean come on

The one thing i found shocking, is that ebook downloads on kindle apps is limited. to 5. Which is insanely low considering the amount of devices people have these days.

Lets see, Desktop, 2 laptops, phone, which only leaves 1 for tablets of which i have multiple. I mean come on

That's in place to get you to buy multiple copies, duh...

You read ebooks in more than five different places? :p Though really five seems especially low with Amazon trying to sell new tablets in a six pack.

Last edited:
I remember Bioshock, Crysis Warhead and a few other games having limits back in the day...I needed to use a revoke tool supplied by the developer to un-activate a game and regain an activation...

Had some issued with EA in the past and found their chat team to be very helpful.

I remember Bioshock, Crysis Warhead and a few other games having limits back in the day...I needed to use a revoke tool supplied by the developer to un-activate a game and regain an activation...

Crysis Warhead didn't work for me to deactivate it. I had a HDD error (the HD was dying) so I cloned it to a new drive, and Warhead complained that the installed game wasn't installed so it refused to deactivate it. I put back in the failing drive, tried to deactivate it and that didn't work. I reinstalled the new drive and reinstalled the game, it let me activate and deactivate that install, but that was considered a different install. So my original Warhead install activation was permanently lost due to a HDD failure lol.

I've run into issues with this multiple times on origin, especially using games to test many different machines I built for people. I have 4 copies of Crysis in my origin because they keep adding a new one when the activation limit is exceeded.

Back