Gotham Knights

Gotham Knights will have a bigger map than any of the Arkham games

New Details on Alternate Suits, Missions, and The Elseworlds-Like Cooperative Play

“For sure it’s the biggest version of Gotham that has been represented in video games,” said executive producer Fleur Marty. “The most important thing for us is its density and verticality. It has a lot of layers. The Batcycle is the long-range mode of transportation”...

https://www.gameinformer.com/previe...ions-and-the-elseworlds-like-cooperative-play

Gotham Knights will have a bigger map than any of the Arkham games

New Details on Alternate Suits, Missions, and The Elseworlds-Like Cooperative Play

“For sure it’s the biggest version of Gotham that has been represented in video games,” said executive producer Fleur Marty. “The most important thing for us is its density and verticality. It has a lot of layers. The Batcycle is the long-range mode of transportation”...

https://www.gameinformer.com/previe...ions-and-the-elseworlds-like-cooperative-play

I really wish game devs would stop being so obsessed with the size of their game worlds. Every time I hear developers brag about how big their game world is all I start wondering is how much of it is going to end up being empty and pointless.

I really wish game devs would stop being so obsessed with the size of their game worlds. Every time I hear developers brag about how big their game world is all I start wondering is how much of it is going to end up being empty and pointless.

Yeah unless there is a reason why bigger would be better for this game, I see it as a downside.

this looks like more of the same from Arkham City and Arkham Knight...not necessarily a bad thing but I wish they would have tried to innovate a bit more...playing as new characters within Gotham feels a bit lazy...I also wish Rocksteady was working on this versus WB Montreal

They finally released a character video that's actually interesting. I love her melee weapon, it seems like it could have a lot of utility if the devs handle her combat right. Still not sure if the game itself will be worth a damn but at least there's one potentially interesting character to play as.

this looks like more of the same from Arkham City and Arkham Knight...not necessarily a bad thing but I wish they would have tried to innovate a bit more...playing as new characters within Gotham feels a bit lazy...I also wish Rocksteady was working on this versus WB Montreal
I agree yet feel like I would miss this style of gameplay that is so darn good in the Arkham series. This is the only new game I am looking forward to, so I will most likely give it a shot when the price initially reduces down from full price. I like batgirl & robin so far.

I agree yet feel like I would miss this style of gameplay that is so darn good in the Arkham series. This is the only new game I am looking forward to, so I will most likely give it a shot when the price initially reduces down from full price. I like batgirl & robin so far.

I'm on the fence about this as I'm more interested in the upcoming Rocksteady developed Suicide Squad game (coming in 2023)...I think the upcoming Spider-Man Remastered (and Miles Morales) games coming to PC will satisfy my Batman/Arkham craving

they really need to optimize their previews for frame rate, looks great, seems to run like crap.

A few things, this raises my interest, loved the detective work in the series. I still am not a huge fan of the watered down streetfighter melee stuff, although I admit I don't know how else they could handle it. And lastly, this makes me want a (good) Batman Beyond even more.

Does the Arkham Knight DLC add anything to make it worth picking up with the base game? Ditto for Origins. GOG has both games and the DLC, and I wasn't sure whether to grab them during one of their sales. Too bad they never released a GoTY edition for Origins or Knight.

Edit: to clarify, the DLC are packaged and sold as a single unit — a "season pass" if memory serves.

Last edited:
Does the Arkham Knight DLC add anything to make it worth picking up with the base game? Ditto for Origins. GOG has both games and the DLC, and I wasn't sure whether to grab them during one of their sales. Too bad they never released a GoTY edition for Origins or Knight.

Not all the AK DLC is great, but I think it's worth getting solely for "In From the Cold", it is the perfect epilogue to Mr. Freeze's story. Not just the Arkham Freeze, but Freeze as a character.

Not all the AK DLC is great, but I think it's worth getting solely for "In From the Cold", it is the perfect epilogue to Mr. Freeze's story. Not just the Arkham Freeze, but Freeze as a character.
I remember enjoying that story as well. All the Arkham games have plenty to like, including Origins, and Knight really does still look like a rather modern game. A great series to replay in the fall every year.

I'll be curious to see how the soundtrack on this turns out.

I noticed Origins in my steam library, but that all the online portions are shut down. Is it still worth a runthrough?

I am somewhat interested in this. I am hoping it is a more guided game but it is described as an open world action RPG. Which I fear will have too many fetch quests and boring upgrades. So few action RPGs take after Mass Effect where the real role playing aspect was the story and not running around for upgrades/collecting.

That's exciting, the city looks as good (maybe better?) than Cyberpunk's Night City, and makes me want the game a little more.

There are very clear performance issues despite the almost total lack of NPCs. I'm interested but there's some stuff like that which is kind of worrisome given the state that Arkham Knight was in at release for most people.

That Red Hood Shinobi skin is a work of art, btw.

I want to like Red Hood, but non-lethal bullets are just dumb. Especially is you are peppering someone with a bunch of them, even beanbags are able to kill people.

I want to like Red Hood, but non-lethal bullets are just dumb. Especially is you are peppering someone with a bunch of them, even beanbags are able to kill people.
Well that was always Batman's MO. You can beat the hell out of them and cripple them for life as long he doesn't kill them.

Yeah, I get that. I just wish they'd have used different weapons. There has to be something that would have been better as a ranged non-lethal weapon.

Back