Gotham Knights

polonyc2

Fully [H]
rumors have been swirling for awhile now about a new Batman game dealing with the Court of Owls developed by WB Games Montreal...looks like it's now official via their Twitter account...look for the trailer to drop this weekend during the DC Fandome event...

Attachments

• GK.jpg
    GK.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Very interested in seeing a trailer.

Played Arkham Knight a few months back and it still looks like a brand new title. The Arkham series is just fantastic all around despite a few nagging issues and design choices.

Played Arkham Knight a few months back and it still looks like a brand new title. The Arkham series is just fantastic all around despite a few nagging issues and design choices.

for the 3 main Arkham games the developer was Rocksteady...WB Montreal did Arkham Origins which was still a good game in its own right

Gotham Knights- World Premiere Trailer

Batman is dead. It is now up to the Batman Family - Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood and Robin - to protect Gotham City, bring hope to its citizens, discipline to its cops, and fear to its criminals...you must evolve into the new Dark Knight and save Gotham from chaos...

for the 3 main Arkham games the developer was Rocksteady...WB Montreal did Arkham Origins which was still a good game in its own right

I know. Origins did a good job in a lot of areas. Some bugs prevented me from finishing it the first time I played like falling through the map in an entire region near penguin's hideout including the hideout itself. So that was fun.

I like that it's similar but not the same as the last trilogy. Hope this turns out good!

Also, I've been away from comics for a long while, I thought Nightwing was Red Hood? Or is the dude with the guns someone else? And is this Robing #5 or #6? :ROFLMAO:

I like that it's similar but not the same as the last trilogy. Hope this turns out good!

Also, I've been away from comics for a long while, I thought Nightwing was Red Hood? Or is the dude with the guns someone else? And is this Robing #5 or #6? :ROFLMAO:

Nightwing is Dick Grayson the first Robin.

Red Hood is Jason Todd, the second.

The Robin in this game appears to be Tim Drake, the third Robin.

seems pretty similar to me...not that it's a bad thing...looks and plays exactly like the Arkham Knight DLC where you got to play as Nightwing, Red Hood etc

I dunno, definitely has that 'Arkham Origins' feel. Not sure how I feel about online co-op, or what the mission structure will be like to accommodate this throughout the game.

What has me really concerned is the 'leveling' system. I hope it's not where if I try to fight a henchman 5 levels above my character, I'll be barely doing any damage and feel like I hit like a kitten. For me, that'd ruin the feel of the Arkham game. They hinted in the video that facing Mr Freeze at a lower level will be different than facing him at a higher level, so I guess there will still be some open structure to the game (and sections not being level locked).

Still, I dunno. I'm going to wait and see on this one.

Thank you on the backstory!

And I think you should be able to wreck henchmen almost no matter your level...

They hinted in the video that facing Mr Freeze at a lower level will be different than facing him at a higher level, so I guess there will still be some open structure to the game (and sections not being level locked).

I like that...I wish more games would implement it...fighting someone at higher levels should make it a more challenging fight (moreso for the bosses versus simple trash mobs)...why should the player be the only one who gets to level up and become more powerful throughout the course of a game?

Looks like a reskin of Arkham Knight with improved textures and graphical effects. I loved the Arkham Trilogy but the gameplay felt a bit stale in Arkham Knight, the mediocre plot and excessive side quest padding didn't help (and hiding the true ending behind those shitty Riddler quests just pissed me off)....unless they show something particularly innovative I can't see myself buying it within the launch window.

Looks like a reskin of Arkham Knight with improved textures and graphical effects. I loved the Arkham Trilogy but the gameplay felt a bit stale in Arkham Knight, the mediocre plot and excessive side quest padding didn't help (and hiding the true ending behind those shitty Riddler quests just pissed me off)....unless they show something particularly innovative I can't see myself buying it within the launch window.

Arkham Knight was an underrated and excellent game but I agree that hiding the ending behind those Riddler trophies was a terrible decision...you literally had to finish all of them and they were much more annoying in Arkham Knight compared to the previous Arkham games...

Arkham Knight was an underrated and excellent game but I agree that hiding the ending behind those Riddler trophies was a terrible decision...you literally had to finish all of them and they were much more annoying in Arkham Knight compared to the previous Arkham games...

I wouldn't describe it as underrated....it received universally high reviews on PS4 and Xbox One, but the PC version got plenty of well deserved criticism for the shocking state it was released in.

I hated the riddler grind, too, but it made a lot of sense as to why it would be like that given the overall theme and arc of Knight.

Doesn't make it fun, doesn't make it better, but it does make sense.

I still have never grabbed all the riddler stuff because it's just so goddamn tedious. Should have done that during quarantine, lol.

I think I'm more interested in the Suicide Squad game. This seems very much more of the same. Those were good games, but they kinda ran their course. The same type of attack/counter/dodge gameplay feels the same whether there are 4 characters or 40.

I think I'm more interested in the Suicide Squad game. This seems very much more of the same. Those were good games, but they kinda ran their course. The same type of attack/counter/dodge gameplay feels the same whether there are 4 characters or 40.

Agreed. Beyond that, I hated the ending to Arkham Knight. I don't really want to play an Arkham game without Batman that reminds me of that terrible ending.

I have never understood why comics (and all associated media) insist on falling into the same trap of rehashing old ground and trying to directly replace the Golden Age hero with a younger one (usually the sidekick) it always results in the same story, and only makes the Golden Age hero better while actually destroying any chance their replacement had.

I love the idea of playing the other Batman characters, but in their own story and world disconnected from Batman. As a fight to replace batman in Gotham its just going to be the same thing again, they learn to work together, and surprise Batman is still around somewhere and saves the day somehow thus making him the ultimate hero.

Its the same with Star Wars these days, rather than abandoning the old plot and making a new story in what is a massive universe, they tie everything so tightly to the existing movies that everything is hampered. Mandalorian is a great example of how to expand in universe and as a result avoid almost all criticism (right and wrong) leveled at both the prequels and sequels.

I have never understood why comics (and all associated media) insist on falling into the same trap of rehashing old ground and trying to directly replace the Golden Age hero with a younger one (usually the sidekick) it always results in the same story, and only makes the Golden Age hero better while actually destroying any chance their replacement had.

I love the idea of playing the other Batman characters, but in their own story and world disconnected from Batman. As a fight to replace batman in Gotham its just going to be the same thing again, they learn to work together, and surprise Batman is still around somewhere and saves the day somehow thus making him the ultimate hero.

Its the same with Star Wars these days, rather than abandoning the old plot and making a new story in what is a massive universe, they tie everything so tightly to the existing movies that everything is hampered. Mandalorian is a great example of how to expand in universe and as a result avoid almost all criticism (right and wrong) leveled at both the prequels and sequels.

I'd also like to point out that Arkham Knight had a DLC that took place after the game's ending where the characters continue with Batman being absent. The subject matter has been tackled already within the same game. It seems redundant to try and rehash it in an entire game.

True, but this does start with them finding the body of Bruce Wayne, so I'm a little hopeful that they will break out of that trope.

In all honesty, I don't really even care about the plot. I haven't really kept up with the DC universe since the 90's anyway. They could regurgitate the plot from Asylum and I probably wouldn't even notice. I will notice if this is just the same game and Batman has 4 new skins, though.

I want another Gothum City Impostors that game was the best these serious Batman type games are ok but once you played one.
Maybe this will be different but Gothum City Impostors is still active on Steam.

Last edited:
Gotham Knights Is Not Taking a GaaS Approach, Features “No Level Gating Whatsoever”

Gotham Knights senior producer Fleur Marty and creative director Patrick Redding dispelled most of these concerns in a new IGN interview...according to Marty, Gotham Knights has specifically been designed to not be a GaaS-style experience...

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-gotham-knights-co-op-combat-biggest-questions-answered

Maybe I'm just tired and cranky, but the way they were describing the gameplay sure sounded a lot like a GaaS. Similar mechanics (ability tree, 'unique character builds', loot) but without the ongoing content that typical GaaS release to keep their playerbase engaged.

But what bothered me the most is that you'll be able to play as the same 'knight' as whomever you're playing co-op with. They use the example of 2x Batgirls. There's nothing that will break immersion more than two Batgirls making the same quips as they take down thugs.

Oh, and I wasn't quite understanding the point of the leveling system. They say there's no level gating, but then it kinda sounded like level gating when they were describing how their leveling system works.

I dunno, definitely not feeling this game (so far).

Gotham Knights Is Not Taking a GaaS Approach, Features “No Level Gating Whatsoever”

Gotham Knights senior producer Fleur Marty and creative director Patrick Redding dispelled most of these concerns in a new IGN interview...according to Marty, Gotham Knights has specifically been designed to not be a GaaS-style experience...

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-gotham-knights-co-op-combat-biggest-questions-answered

Looks amazing,but will wait for reviews from ACG,Upper Echelon,and the like.

Big in 2021: WB Games Montreal takes us inside Gotham Knights, the next generation of superhero games

WB Games Montreal is creating an original story in the DC Universe, one separated from the Arkham lore, comic books, and movies...Patrick Redding, the creative director of Gotham Knights, says that "it's been a dream" for the studio to be given the freedom to leave its mark on Gotham...

https://www.gamesradar.com/gotham-k...rm-you-and-a-friend-into-a-truly-dynamic-duo/

Had Cyberpunk not happened, would studios be trying to push these delayed games out the door? I bet at least some would.

Had Cyberpunk not happened, would studios be trying to push these delayed games out the door? I bet at least some would.
I don't think it has any relevance to other publishers. They will still rush out buggy games. Cyberpunk is not the first game that it has happen too. Remember Arkham Knight was pretty damn broken for the pc.

it's expected that most big games will get delayed at least once nowadays...what would be surprising is if a developer/publisher actually released a game on time

I would say "had Avengers not happened." I have a feeling that DC was attempting to copy Marvel's homework again and had to go back when the original homework got an F.

Ahead of the DC FanDome event in October, Warner Bros. and DC Comics have debuted new key art for the upcoming third-person action RPG Gotham Knights...featuring the core cast of Bat-family vigilantes stepping up to protect Gotham City after the apparent demise of Batman, the new image features Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Robin strutting down a seedy part of the city...there's also a reflection of Batman, sneakily reflected in the puddle below the gang...

GK.jpg

Back