Gotham Knights

My library of "games I need to play" has exploded over the last few months, and Gamepass is one major reason why. Glad to see this title finally showing up so I can give it a go.

Last edited:
I got this with HumbleChoice maybe 6 months ago with a bunch of other games for the standard $12. I haven't played it yet but it's permanently in my Steam library so I might get to it some day.

Finally gave this a go via Gamepass. It's definitely a dud. The game is similar to the older Batman titles, but things are slower, less fluid, and generally clunkier. It feels like they decided to copy Assassin's Creed's slight move into the "Souls-like" gameplay world, too. Rather than mashing and countering, things are slower and dodge-based. No clue if things open up, but there's a linearity to the world, too. On the plus side, performance is fine on my system. It's pretty tip top, but I think the game was running like ass for everyone for a while. Those older games still look pretty damn good with the setting cranked for what it's worth.
After playing for about 90 minutes I bailed. I don't think it's trash necessarily, but a step backward from some really good prior titles. I don't feel like bothering.

Finally gave this a go via Gamepass. It's definitely a dud. The game is similar to the older Batman titles, but things are slower, less fluid, and generally clunkier. It feels like they decided to copy Assassin's Creed's slight move into the "Souls-like" gameplay world, too. Rather than mashing and countering, things are slower and dodge-based. No clue if things open up, but there's a linearity to the world, too. On the plus side, performance is fine on my system. It's pretty tip top, but I think the game was running like ass for everyone for a while. Those older games still look pretty damn good with the setting cranked for what it's worth.
After playing for about 90 minutes I bailed. I don't think it's trash necessarily, but a step backward from some really good prior titles. I don't feel like bothering.
It was like the rest of the UE4 games with raytracing slapped on when it came out. Horrendous shader stutter, etc. It runs fine now though. For the money it's far better then suicide squad.

If you didn’t play with Batgirl the game does feel backward. It does open up as well. I am glad it didn’t copy the Arkham formula and changed things up a bit. For me was an enjoyable game.

Back