Got the Corsair Obsidian 800D, Its HUGE!

Quick.. Pron time is here :D What are the feet brackets made of ?

I just noticed.. Would anyone else prefer if it came with a lock ? My Thermaltake Xaser 1000s has a panel lock behind the front. ( It would be nice to keep a few pests out ) :)

Feet brackets are steel. There are three u-shaped brackets; one front, one mid, one back. All have two flat rubber anti-skids, for a total of six.

I've been wondering about the lock since day one. My guess is Corsair saw that those locks don't really provide much security, or that this case isn't targeted towards those who need locks; instead it's marketed towards those who want to take off their panels and show off their insides.

:D Until they fall asleep !

Good to know about the feet. I can't seem to find something I don't like about this case now. Also as I read about the bottom filter, you could always tap a screw for it at the back ?

Definitly buying one with a solid panel. Count me in +1

Last edited:
Anyone know what type of fan's are included? sleeve, ball, or something even better?

I'm assuming Sleeve, but would be cool to know, i plan to replace them with S-flexes anyways (got a good deal on a few of them)

I should have, it would've been much easier.. but I wanted to show cartoon #1 incase no one hit the link.. Updated post

In before Dan D comments. :p

Is it up to par of the Haf 932? looks roughly about the same.

Congrats Ockie, any pictures soon of the final interior assembly of compoents?

Just what is it you are expecting me to say? :)

The case looks good. I've been wanting one ever since Redbeard first posted the images of them in the forums. More than likely, this will be my next case. Especially given that I want to get back into water cooling. It just seems like the best choice given my case criteria.

Awesome looking case...the black finish one there make sme drool...lol. I see corsair is expanding to more areas now. *unless im behind on this*. Definitely nice case . :D

Just what is it you are expecting me to say? :)

The case looks good. I've been wanting one ever since Redbeard first posted the images of them in the forums. More than likely, this will be my next case. Especially given that I want to get back into water cooling. It just seems like the best choice given my case criteria.

They def have a winner here. Everyone we talked to are sold on this case, so that's great for corsair. Perhaps this will let other companies know to start catching up.

Thanks for pics, can't wait to see how it looks like with all the hardware put inside it!

I am waiting this case to go with my i7 build, which is sitting on my desk atm. :)

Okay, I'm done pondering, I went ahead and pre-ordered on Amazon :).

Now, about that solid side panel . . . I'm hoping to get my paws on that soon after I get the case.

I was going to buy an ATCS840, but I think this will suit me better.

I DID just order that Black Pearl deal from New Egg, but I'm sure I can find a use for it :).

Everything I've seen about this case is making me want it. I'll probably move my Hyper-V server into my ATCS 840 and put my daily in this once it is released.

This is where I had to hammer to get the hotswap bays to fit.
imag0029vqa.jpg

imag0028u.jpg

Okay, I'm done pondering, I went ahead and pre-ordered on Amazon :).

Now, about that solid side panel . . . I'm hoping to get my paws on that soon after I get the case.

I was going to buy an ATCS840, but I think this will suit me better.

I DID just order that Black Pearl deal from New Egg, but I'm sure I can find a use for it :).

I think they should've made a black version of the 840 a long time ago. That's another great case for watercooling, but a lot of people who WC want to show off the insides, and a black interior sure looks sharp. Plus, i'm cutting my own window for my ATCS because the window from CM is pretty small, in my opinion.

If they would've had this case out in time, I would've been happy to spend the extra to not have to paint and cut, but I don't mind it too much. It's actually kind of fun to cut things up at the machine shop.

Anyways, this case is a winner, and if I ever need to build another full tower I'll be buying one of these I think.

This is where I had to hammer to get the hotswap bays to fit.

Oh I see what you're talking about now, the drive supports.

Those are there to support an optical drive and keep it straight, kind of a necessity if you're doing a tool-free optical drive mechanism. Maybe next time we'll find a way around it somehow...

Those are there to support an optical drive and keep it straight, kind of a necessity if you're doing a tool-free optical drive mechanism. Maybe next time we'll find a way around it somehow...

What you guys could do is score the tabs so that those who do not need it can simply tear it off or bend it backwards and forwards till it falls off, or simply bend it out of the way.

This case is perfect for the H50 (top mounted, can put 120mm intake fans externally), and Raid 5 data drives (4 hotswaps).

If only it were < $200. :D

What you guys could do is score the tabs so that those who do not need it can simply tear it off or bend it backwards and forwards till it falls off, or simply bend it out of the way.

Even better, there could be a tab with a limited screw and spring so as to "pull out" the tab but once the item is removed, saids tab would go back into place from the spring pushing against it.. Anyone good at drawing said idea ? ( similar to the tooless drive bay )

What's the deal with the black boxes just below the drive bays? One looks like a radiator and the other just a....useless block with a logo...Anything in there? Loving all the attention to detail on this case.

Very nice case. It sort of strikes me of everything I wish I had done to my Rocketfish -- partitions, wire management, etc. Very, very nice.

Even better, there could be a tab with a limited screw and spring so as to "pull out" the tab but once the item is removed, saids tab would go back into place from the spring pushing against it.. Anyone good at drawing said idea ? ( similar to the tooless drive bay )

Thats a good idea but I'm not sure how much this would strike up costs.

What's the deal with the black boxes just below the drive bays? One looks like a radiator and the other just a....useless block with a logo...Anything in there? Loving all the attention to detail on this case.

The one covers a fan that cools the hot swap drive units and ducts the air, the other one covers and protects the wiring and allows you to make a clean wiring job.

Not really an issue with the case; just that my stupid cages are like 2mm thicker than they should be. These IcyDock cages are really very snug getting them fit; hopefully that'll just mean they don't rattle.

These pics just dont do it justice d00d.

Thats such as awesome case.

The "radiator" is 4 hotswap sata bays. The "useless block" is part of the front bezel, which comes off when you pull really really hard; the bottom 2 drive bays are front loading after you take off the bezel. It's an interesting, weird solution.

Red,

For those who don't want to swap the direction of fans, is it ever going to be possible to disconnect the tubing of the h50 and mount the rad externally to the case?

Ah I see now, sorry for sounding like such a noob! I think the one additional thing this case could use is an aluminum cd/dvd drive faceplate. Granted you can find these online for relatively cheap, but it'd really show how much corsair cares if they stuck two black bezel covers in the box to keep everything streamlined once the case has parts in it.

Red,

For those who don't want to swap the direction of fans, is it ever going to be possible to disconnect the tubing of the h50 and mount the rad externally to the case?

I'm not sure what you mean, you can remove the fan, change it, or simply put it on the other side... you can also double up on the fans.

Can you replace the intake fan with 12cm one? all other fans seem to have 12cm mountings as well but not intake (going to replace them all with Noctua fans) -.-

That's in a Lian-Li case.

The 800D has a 140mm rear exhaust fan, but it includes the mounting holes for a 120mm fan in that location so you can replace it or install an H50 there.

One thing I want to know about the H50, is how rugged is this thing. Can I toss this in a computer and toss it on a plane and not expect it to bust a leak?

Off topic but that strap will that fit a Stacker 830?

I presume yes because the HAF is taller, but the 830 is kind of chubby.

On topic, that Corsair is absolutely beautiful. Massive too.

Yes. It worked for my 810 and 830.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean, you can remove the fan, change it, or simply put it on the other side... you can also double up on the fans.

He's not talking about the fan, he's talking about the rad. To get the rad outside of the case you'd have to disconnect the tubing.

Usually post over at xtreme, but followed the google search to that awesome corsair case.

That is by far the best designed off shelf tower case I have seen for watercooling with potential to hold 2 large rads, which I am sure many will do. 120x3 up top, and my first question, is "extra hard drive cage" at the bottom completely removable... to stick a 140x2 (nearly same surface area as 120.3) in bottom along with psu as that would be easy to mod, (hoping more companies will be coming out with 140 rads).

Other issue is weight of steel. I would pay $500 no problem for that case in all aluminum, as would many others. Many buy $300 cases and then $225 to paint inside like yours comes, all black, and then still have to mod the blow holes at top and bottom. My lian li pc-g70 is 18lbs case, 68lbs fully loaded as is, ie 50lbs components, rads with water, etc. It is however ugly aluminum on inside, crowded, poorly laid out with issues getting to certain things, wire hiding is poor despite holes I drilled, etc.

@ readbeard, I have been looking for case for a year to upgrade, if you have a prototype in thick aluminum, all black, I will send you $500 for it:D As for future suggestions, any chance of making one with thick aluminum? But steel or not, thanks for finally making such a well thought out case with enthusiasts/watercooling in mind!!! May be too heavy for my use, or maybe not, will have to see how heavy it is and then will try adding that weight on top of my computer and see how it is to carry from mod room to computer room.

Back