Got the 3070 today should I step-up?

Mosie100

Limp Gawd
If you're in for a story read below, otherwise go to the red :)
Well I went to bed last night thinking I'd purchase Nicksterr 3070 for my brother's rig because it's a great deal for a great card, but I said hey why not just try Microcenter for the 1000th time. Woke up at 7am got to Microcenter at 8:20am and there were already 70 people ahead of me. I heard that they had 100 3060tis there yesterday so I figured I'd roll the dice and worst case scenario I could snag one of those. Guy in front of me is buying a card for his 12 year old son so that made the time move by fast! It's 8:45 and now all the sudden there's about 40 people behind me as well. At this point my peak curiosity sets in and I'm wondering how long people have been waiting. The front of the line was there at 2AM!!!! The middle of the line was there at 4AM!!!! What?>?>?>?
Anyways, they finally let people in and as people are walking out with their 3080 and 3090 I'm like oh man will I be able to snag a 3080 that I literally cannot afford? Right before I walk in and the associate is spraying hand sanitizer on everyone's hands they say no more 3080s! WTF!!! I'm about to walk in! Anymore 3070s????
I walk in the door and I say do you have anymore 3070s and the guy says, yes you're the last one.
LAST ONE !
I GOT THE LAST 3070!
EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA GAMING, 08G-P5-3755-KR, 8GB GDDR6, iCX3 Cooling, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate
Life is good.

Now do I just give my brother my 1080 and do EVGA step up for the 3080 FTW3 Ultra or make him go to Microcenter tomorrow and get another card so he can have the 3070 and I can sell my 1080 here????

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
With your monitor I'd go step up. If you were running 1080p I might keep the 3070 but 1440p at 144hz the more GPU horsepower you have the better.

With your monitor I'd go step up. If you were running 1080p I might keep the 3070 but 1440p at 144hz the more GPU horsepower you have the better.
Thanks! I'm going to do it - just applied for step-up I imagine it's going to take several months until they fulfill these right?
Anybody have any experience with step-up over the last few months?

Well Mosie100 you could certainly Step Up with eVGA but as you ponder your options ask yourself these 2 questions: 1. Is the RTX 3070 enough performance to satisfy what you are trying to accomplish playing your games? 2. Are there any games coming out on the horizon where you would think the 3070 wouldn't be enough to play these games the way you'd like to? Out!

Hold onto that 3070 and wait for the 3070ti / 3080TI to step up :p
I already filled out a stepup for the 3080 ftw ultra, can I change my request at any time?

EDIT: I just spoke with EVGA as long as within 90 days (I heard 3080TI will be possibly announced and released in January?) then I can cancel my stepup and rejoin and request the 3080ti.
Oof....
I really don't need it though do I?

Last edited:
Step-up to a 3080.
Give your brosephus the 1080Ti.
High five yourself.
Done.

Back