Got some weird free networking equipment, will this help me selling it and getting a 10gb home network?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Got some weird free networking equipment, will this help me selling it and getting a 10gb home network?

Any idea what the best way to reset these things to factory defaults? Any special licensing that can/can't be removed.

Help a guy out with a 10GB dream of his home network....

3x Peplink Balance 380
2x Brocade 300
1x Cisco Catalyst 2960G
1x Cisco Meraki MS42
2x Cisco Meraki MS220-48
1x Cisco Meraki MS220-24p
2x Cisco Meraki MX100

I like cocaine too!

Misc Networking.jpg

I'd do some ebay completed sale searches and see how much they fetch used as that's all enterprise equipment that will still have some value. I'd also look into trading it outright for some 10Gb stuff.

As far as resetting, you'll need to read up on each individual piece. Or just discount them heavily and someone that knows what they're doing will get a bargain. :)

List on eBay as untested at a heavy discount for a faster sale.
Obviously, if you test it, reset it, and list as "tested, restored to factory defaults" with some quality pictures, you will get more money. But, you'll need to put some time into it.

Worst case, a decent size hammer will resolve just about any licensing issue you're likely to come across. Cocaine will definitely help in this case.

List on eBay as untested at a heavy discount for a faster sale.
Obviously, if you test it, reset it, and list as "tested, restored to factory defaults" with some quality pictures, you will get more money. But, you'll need to put some time into it.

Worst case, a decent size hammer will resolve just about any licensing issue you're likely to come across. Cocaine will definitely help in this case.
Coke for the buyer?:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh shiznit!

I thought there were 3 of the peplink balance 380s but there is one of those and the other 2 are peplink balance 710 which go for around $5k used everywhere!?!??!

On top of that so easy to factory reset :D

Oh shiznit!

I thought there were 3 of the peplink balance 380s but there is one of those and the other 2 are peplink balance 710 which go for around $5k used everywhere!?!??!

On top of that so easy to factory reset :D
I didn't realize these were so expensive. Peplink was always the leader in multi-wan, but holy cow that's a lot.

Back