Got replacement PSP..

ohgod

Gawd
Ok so I got a PSP from Circuit City after getting a refund for my defective PSP from Gamestop. Anyway after checking some of Circuit City's PSPs for dead pixels none had any but there was a lot of dust behind the screen cover. Anyone else have this problem?? I was thinking of taking a vacumn to the bottom of it and sucking the dust out. Any ideas??

My friend went threw 3 psp with that dust problem then he said F it and took it apart and cleaned it. Voids the warrenty but if it really bothers you its not hard to do.
I had 3 psp from japan all of them had no dust...must be a us thing. :confused:

Vacuums are like breeding grounds for static... I think. Either way I dont think it's a good idea.

texuspete00 said:
Vacuums are like breeding grounds for static... I think. Either way I dont think it's a good idea.

Grabs vaccum and video camara to film static pr0n! :eek:

ohgod said:
Ok so I got a PSP from Circuit City after getting a refund for my defective PSP from Gamestop. Anyway after checking some of Circuit City's PSPs for dead pixels none had any but there was a lot of dust behind the screen cover. Anyone else have this problem?? I was thinking of taking a vacumn to the bottom of it and sucking the dust out. Any ideas??
i would return again and get another.... i wouldnt want to void the warranty of opening it up..

I've found that the dust under the screen is much worse than a few dead pixels. I bought 3 PSPs and the one with the slightest amount of dust under the glass was the first one to go back to the store.

heatsinker said:
I've found that the dust under the screen is much worse than a few dead pixels. I bought 3 PSPs and the one with the slightest amount of dust under the glass was the first one to go back to the store.

John? hehe

you could just get a can of air and blow it into the edges and seams on the unit, also the speaker hole might do it.

heatsinker said:
He was kidding around and thought that you were the guy he talked about here...

coffee33 said:
My friend went threw 3 psp with that dust problem then he said F it and took it apart and cleaned it. Voids the warrenty but if it really bothers you its not hard to do.

;)

Anyways... this dust thing is wierd.

There is a layer of dust stuck between the protective screen and the LCD?

bobsaget said:

;)

Ah thank you for clearing that up. :p

It's not a layer of dust per se, it's usually just some particles that cling to the glass screen and can easily be mistaken for dead pixels since they cover chunks of pixels and I've seen some of them even change color when the backlight hits them.

Particles of dust stick really well to the glass screen, so even shaking it or blowing into the holes won't help. I suppose if you stuck a blowgun with 90PSI of air pressure into a hole that leads to the LCD you could probably get it out.

heatsinker said:
Ah thank you for clearing that up. :p

It's not a layer of dust per se, it's usually just some particles that cling to the glass screen and can easily be mistaken for dead pixels since they cover chunks of pixels and I've seen some of them even change color when the backlight hits them.

Particles of dust stick really well to the glass screen, so even shaking it or blowing into the holes won't help. I suppose if you stuck a blowgun with 90PSI of air pressure into a hole that leads to the LCD you could probably get it out.
Thanks for clearing that up. :D

bobsaget said:

;)

Yes, the last three units I looked at had dust instead of dead pixels...

coffee33 said:
I had 3 psp from japan all of them had no dust...must be a us thing. :confused:

I got that on my cell phone. Really fucking annoying. Nothing I can do about it though.

fromage said:
I got that on my cell phone. Really fucking annoying. Nothing I can do about it though.
Crack that puppy open...don't worry about ruining your warrenty cause most don't even look close enough at your phone when you have problems :)

coffee33 said:
Crack that puppy open...don't worry about ruining your warrenty cause most don't even look close enough at your phone when you have problems :)

no, if your phone stops working, the cell phone companies take one look at it and emphatically assert that you have left it out in the rain or dropped it in a swimming pool and refuse to replace it because your warranty doesn't cover that.

or maybe that's just my cell phone company.

Tip:
Don't buy first generation anything...there are always problems.

Look at the first iPods. Their batteries sucked, lasted only a few hours and after a few months wouldn't charge anymore.

The bugs always get ironed out eventually.

coffee33 said:
Can't, I don't have the special screwdrivers for it..

Funny thing is, is that my cell is a replacement one. I originally left mine in my pants, through the wachine machine + dryer, and they replaced it. :D

fromage said:
Funny thing is, is that my cell is a replacement one. I originally left mine in my pants, through the wachine machine + dryer, and they replaced it. :D

So you're the reason they accuse me of getting my phone wet all the time! :D

texuspete00 said:

Try canned air for cleaning computer components.

Back