Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

The other 6,220,800 pixels. Red, Green, and Blue pixels make up a pixel triad. A monitor's resolution is defined by its number of pixel triads, not pixels. But you already knew that... I just took this as my opportunity to post a bigger number :)

Had a stuck pixel on the right at first, which I was able to rub away. Now I have one on the far left, which I never notice, so it's like having none. :)

Dude I got a 8800 gts from eVGA and I freaking love it. Once finals are over I will be able to really have some fun with it. The only complaint was that I didn't buy another for SLI. But that is latter.

Sweet! My last card was an X1900XT so I'm sure this will be a decent upgrade from that. I know that we don't *need* DX10 cards at this point, but the performance leap with the 8800s was so great I knew I had to get one even if they have some driver issues (and what card doesn't?) My plan is to run the GTS for a bit and see what the R600 and 8900 cards have to offer in terms of performance. I saw no reason to spend an additional $180 for the GTX now when GTX prices should be driven down by the upcoming cards when they are released and, aside from that, I wasn't even sure if it would fit in my case.

duce3 said:
I ordered mine from PC Nation last month and was really impressed with the overall service. Def recommend! Congratulations on the deal.

Great to hear! I'll be sure and give an update when mine has arrived and I get a chance to set it up. :)

Funny thing...for some reason I'm feeling like I'll come down with the flu the very day my Westy arrives! :eek: It would be such a shame to *cough* get sick and have to miss a couple of days of work while being stuck at home with a bunch of PC games and a 37" monitor... :D

Has anyone had experience with using the big brother lvm 47w1 as a monitor? I was looking at it at best buy and this thing would fill up my periph. very nicely :) it was twice the cost of one of these though.

I had the Westy 42 and upgraded to the Westy 47 and use it as a secondary monitor/PC display.

It excels at everything I throw at it, PS3, 360 and PC as well as an HDTV. Now clearly if you are sitting 4 feet away the 37 is the only option for a primary PC monitor. But 6 or so feet away the 47 is just as good just bigger!

Just got back from my mom's house late last night. She got me a 360 premium for my birthday, along with Gears of War, Crackdown, Tomb Raider and Viva Pinata, a wired controller and VGA hookups. Sweet. :D We've been playing the entire week over there, can't wait to see what it looks like on the Westy!

I got the fear update and it let's me set it in game now to 1920 x 1080.

yeah, fear is easy to get into the res you want.. but I am just wondering about other games.. I am playing lotro (beta) now and would really want that one to play well with the 1080 (vs1200) vertical res.. I am sure it will..

yeah, fear is easy to get into the res you want.. but I am just wondering about other games.. I am playing lotro (beta) now and would really want that one to play well with the 1080 (vs1200) vertical res.. I am sure it will..

It should have you tried looking for the settings file?

Not yet.. but I will.. being able to enter custome res sizes in a .cfg file for whatever is very common these days.. so I am sure something like that will be available.

Not yet.. but I will.. being able to enter custome res sizes in a .cfg file for whatever is very common these days.. so I am sure something like that will be available.

Bet, I am a noob at pc gaming so bare with me. LOL :p

It's all good. I'm a n00b at the Westy... which is why I keep an eye peeled on this thread. :)

It's all good. I'm a n00b at the Westy... which is why I keep an eye peeled on this thread. :)

Dude i love this thread. I can talk about my westy and help other people out with theirs what could be better. Not to mention you guys and tygirl understand when i take pictures of it. You don't think i am crazy! LOL :D

I did it all for the Westy
C'mon
The Westy
C'mon
So you can take that pepsi
And stick it up your, yeah!!
Stick it up your, yeah!!

lol.. or something like that. ;)

Just got back from my mom's house late last night. She got me a 360 premium for my birthday, along with Gears of War, Crackdown, Tomb Raider and Viva Pinata, a wired controller and VGA hookups. Sweet. :D We've been playing the entire week over there, can't wait to see what it looks like on the Westy!
Welcome to the 360 club :D Gears (with the 1080p November update) on the 37" looks UNREAL, and so does Tomb Raider.

Welcome to the 360 club :D Gears (with the 1080p November update) on the 37" looks UNREAL, and so does Tomb Raider.

Gears is 720p stretched to 1080p, IMO I wasn't that impressed by it. But I don't like many of the games stretched, don't get me wrong they still look amazing. But games that can be up converted to 1080p look mouth opening gorgeous :p! Fight Night Round 3 and battlestations midway are in 1080p. This freaking thing rocks!

100_0703.jpg

My setup, planning to mount my Westy real soon on the wall. I plan to purchase the one that Westinghouse makes.. the MT150 Thin I think it is called. Anyone use this mount before, or recommend a better mount around same price range? Under $100 USD
FYI: The Westy in comparison to my Dell 2007WFP on the left hand side. I can't even use the Dell anymore, I am spoiled to 37" of goodness!

My setup, planning to mount my Westy real soon on the wall. I plan to purchase the one that Westinghouse makes.. the MT150 Thin I think it is called. Anyone use this mount before, or recommend a better mount around same price range? Under $100 USD
FYI: The Westy in comparison to my Dell 2007WFP on the left hand side. I can't even use the Dell anymore, I am spoiled to 37" of goodness!

Watch out with that desk, I had the same one and the thing collapsed on me. :(

Watch out with that desk, I had the same one and the thing collapsed on me. :(

:( Ouch.

I am going to replace it with another just as soon as I can find a decent one that is "L" shaped, this was an Officemax special. LOL! :p

Yea man get on that asap! Hate to hear a story about you losing your westy to a inept desk!

It's already been said, but that bend in the desk is scary.

And (not assuming anybody's an idiot, but stuff happens) just make sure when you wall-mount, you find a stud properly. Preferably using a stud-finder, unless you truly know where the studs were put in during construction. Hate to see it get wall-mounted and then have the wall-mount fall off the wall.

It's already been said, but that bend in the desk is scary.

And (not assuming anybody's an idiot, but stuff happens) just make sure when you wall-mount, you find a stud properly. Preferably using a stud-finder, unless you truly know where the studs were put in during construction. Hate to see it get wall-mounted and then have the wall-mount fall off the wall.

until he gets one, why not just put cinder blocks underneath the desk to support the weight? a easy, cheap solution till he gets the wall mount :)

i'm thinking, stack the blocks like legos ;) :D

I am having trouble finding the bracket that Westinghouse offers. Link Specifically the MT150 Tilt. I have found a few shops that "claim" they have it, but they have the MT50 picture in the description and that is an entirely different bracket with only 50lb load max. Some shops don't even show a picture.. so it makes me worried that they, too only have the MT50 and advertising it as the MT150. :rolleyes: Reason I want the "Tilt" version, is because I am afraid if I get a simple flat mount, that the viewing angle at my desk might not look as good.

The MT150 Tilt looks like it would do the trick, only problem is I cannot seem to find it anywhere to buy. :mad:

Anyone able to locate and buy this bracket? If so, mind posting me a link so I can pick one up? TIA ;)

MT150 TILT

it doesn't look like the picture, but is this it? i'm assuming you checked froogle and ebay though

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=MT150+TILT&btnG=Search+Froogle

Yeah I have checked all over the web....

That is what I am talking about, ALL of those pictures are picturing a MT50 tilt bracket and advertise it as the MT150 tilt bracket

This is the WRONG bracket.
mt50tilt.jpg

Westinghouse MT50 Mounting bracket pictured above, max load 50 lbs

Here is a picture of the CORRECT bracket, the one I want to buy online.. the MT150 Tilt here on Westinghouse's website.
mt150tilt.jpg

Westhouse MT150 Mounting bracket pictured above, max load 150 lbs

Would/Could anyone please help me, locate the right bracket online from a reputable dealer in resellerratings.com?

Any help is appreciated, before my Westy falls on the floor. :(

This is not the same bracket but I was going to buy this one but ended up getting screwed buy a Amazon dealer and had to go locally and get the hook up from a friends friend :D. I was going to order this one from monoprice for super cheap but I had pulled the trigger on another one from Amazon the night before. Hope this helps you out should meet all of your criteria, cheap, strong, and tilt!

are u sure that thing is sturdy enough? 26 bucks holding up a grand + of visual nirvana? hmmm :confused:

are u sure that thing is sturdy enough? 26 bucks holding up a grand + of visual nirvana? hmmm :confused:

I understand your concern. But I saw that same one at other places on line and it was from $80 - $100. So here do this take the item number and research that. Monoprice has a rep for having insane low prices and many people on this thread have purchased from them with no complaints. Just make sure you are comfortable with what ever you get because it is your $1000+ baby that has to be on it.

I understand your concern. But I saw that same one at other places on line and it was from $80 - $100. So here do this take the item number and research that. Monoprice has a rep for having insane low prices and many people on this thread have purchased from them with no complaints. Just make sure you are comfortable with what ever you get because it is your $1000+ baby that has to be on it.

Dang! That is a crazy low price, and says it holds 165lb max load. I just want a high quality mount, because at the end of the day.. if it falls off the wall because of a cheap-ass bracket, then the money saved isn't worth it.

This bracket that you linked to, looks damn near an exact copy of the Westinghouse MT150 tilt. Interesting.

Anyone else care to share which mount you went with? I have seen more than a couple posts here of people hanging their Westy's on the wall.

Post up!! :) :) :)

EDIT: I went ahead and went with this bracket. It was $26.46 with 3-5 day shipping at $14.36. I read through the 46 user reviews, and it received 94% approval (4.5 out of 5 stars)
Looks really similar to the Westinghouse bracket mentioned above. I will post up when I get it hung, and let you know how smooth the sales process is with monoprice.com
bracket_westinghouse.jpg

For the first time, today I got a pretty scary grey screen while using my computer through DVI1. It just suddenly turned to grey. Turning off the Westy and then back on didn't solve it, but it went away when I turned the computer off and then back on.

Any possible explanations? Has it happened to anybody else?

Just wanted to contribute to this thread and to thank everyone for persuading me to buy this Westinghouse. Vista in 1080p looks great. Text is pretty sharp. My 360 HD-DVD player connected to my PC looks incredible, just need to sit about 6-7 feet back. My only issues are two stuck pixels that I will try to clear with UDpixel and slight backlight leakage on the center left hand side -- but this is slight. Black level is pretty good actually .. not outstanding but it is definitely pleaseant and does not detract from the viewing for me.

I play alot of pc games. As a CS:S CAL player, I highly recommend this monitor since it does not show any ghosting and only very, very slight blurring. Backed up with my EVGA 8800gtx this monitor is a worthy CRT replacement. And Supreme Commander in 1080p made me weep with its beauty.

This is a steal for the $999 that I paid for it. Buy this thing. It is worth it.

I'll close with some pictures (remember that my camera sucks and the lighting represented in the pictures is not true to life.. it looks much more vivid):

Pictures_356.JPG

Pictures_357.JPG

Pictures_358.JPG

IMG_1763.JPG

Pictures_363.JPG

Pictures_362.JPG

Pictures_359.JPG

Just felt like giving an update after owning this display for about a month now.

Overall, I love it, don't regret buying it one bit. And at $1069 shipped when CV had it on sale, it was a steal.

WoW looks amazing on this thing, as does any game really. It makes you feel like you're in the game.

TV looks pretty nice as well, though the colors aren't quite as vibrant as say, a plasma or DLP would be. That's not a biggie for me though.

My only complaints with the display are 1) When using VGA cables for my 360 I get a horizontal tear line while watching DVDs, switching to component cables fixed this, and 2) I have a stuck pixel in the lower left of the screen - I've heard you can rub the display to try to remove the stuck pixel...is there any special technique to doing this or do you simply just rub away?

Some other questions I have -

I have Firmware v1.8. Is this the latest? If not how can I upgrade it?

Other than the few gripes listed above, I freaking love this thing :p

Back