Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

Well, my shipping address is different than my billing address. I went ahead and ordered, thinking my bank would be able to add it as an authorized shipping address. They aren't, so I had to fax mwave a note saying I authorize them to ship to a different shipping address. Waiting to hear back from them. If they want more than that, I will cancel the order and wait on newegg. At least they don't hassle me about sending to a different address.

PS, If I choose standard ground shipment (as I normally do) versus 2nd day, are there higher chances of my tv being beaten up? It would save me about $80 and I am patient.

I ordered mine from NewEgg before Xmas and got it on 1/4. Because of the blizzards in Denver, it was shuttled from warehouse to warehouse until it made it up to Casper, WY. The box was in excellent shape considering all the moving about- it's pretty sturdy. The monitor worked fine out of the box. My "purchase of the year" for 2006, great monitor!

I ordered mine from NewEgg before Xmas and got it on 1/4. Because of the blizzards in Denver, it was shuttled from warehouse to warehouse until it made it up to Casper, WY. The box was in excellent shape considering all the moving about- it's pretty sturdy. The monitor worked fine out of the box. My "purchase of the year" for 2006, great monitor!
im in the same boat as you were. i ordered mine from newegg on the 4th, and its been delayed 3 days because of the snow in seattle area. gotta wait till monday... man sucks...

the 42" is only $200 more when ordering through mwave, hrmmmmm,,,,

To those that are considering buying the 42" over the 37" try this; go to your local Best Buy, Circuit City, WalMart, or whatever store and check out the 42" and 37" HDTV's side by side. You'll probably barely notice a difference in size. I could just barely tell which one was which. So does it make sense to buy the slightly larger 42" with an inferior panel with banding and a larger dot pitch at a higher cost when the screen size is so close? I'm going to try to pick up the 37" when I get my tax return. :D

Ryan

To those that are considering buying the 42" over the 37" try this; go to your local Best Buy, Circuit City, WalMart, or whatever store and check out the 42" and 37" HDTV's side by side. You'll probably barely notice a difference in size. I could just barely tell which one was which. So does it make sense to buy the slightly larger 42" with an inferior panel with banding and a larger dot pitch at a higher cost when the screen size is so close? I'm going to try to pick up the 37" when I get my tax return. :D

Ryan

Hehe.... well I don't know which is superior and all. I'm just somewhat limited by my actual physical space. 37" is max right now, so it concerns me that this might be the last 1080p thing under 42" on the market.... my next choice would be getting into 24" (or maybe now 26-7" LCD computer displays).

It also makes a difference what people are using it for. If they are putting it on their desk as a computer monitor.... I'd MUCH rather have the 37" at the same rez than a 42". Being that close, you will notice the difference in pixel density. But, from say 6' or more back in a normal living room as a TV.... if you have the space, I guess the 42" would be hard to tell from a 37". 1080p is plenty of rez for either in that environment.

I have a sideboard that we're using as our entertainment center, and its about 59" wide. With the 37" Westy dimensions, and a speaker on each side.... I've literally got about 1" of space to play with so they all don't touch or hang off the edge. LOL. Until we get our own place were I could wall mount, I don't really have another option... need 37" or smaller.

Plus, I'm really not trying to make our living room into a home theater. My wife already thinks the 37" is too big and makes the TV the center of attention in the room. I agree, though I have less of a problem with that idea. ;) We had been looking at 24" LCDs, but I convinced her to accept a compromise of the 37"... but I think that's my limit if I want to live happily. :D I hope the manufacturers of these things realize this. Not everyone WANTS to make a home theater room. I'd not want the new 108" units @ CES even if they were the same price... its just too big for my purposes.

lol...i took mine to a lan today...it was kinda funny to see peoples reaction...lots of compliments...lots of "ohhhh wow" "ewwwwww" "damn that looks nice"
so Westinghouse...i expect a 5% commission on any future sales in the St Louis area :p

i just layed a large blanket in the back of my Blazer...layed it down flat...its actually not that big of a deal...its doesnt weigh much....there were alot of ppl there with 19-21" crt's...and those aint light...i goto one lan a year...so its not like ill do this much

I finally saw one with my own eyes last night! It was at a Conn's and it wasn't spectacular to my eyes as it sat next to samsungs, sony's and other LCD's in the same size range. It did look better a bit further away though. It was being sold for 999.99. Does anyone know if Conn's will drop that? Is there haggling room with these guys?

Although I wasn't impressed /blown-away by it upon first glance, I have read too many great things to not pick one up and give it a real go.

You can haggle at a lot of retail stores, many people don't just b/c they don't think you can. I have haggled @ Best Buy before. So, I would imagine. Just tell them, look, I've see this sold for $xxxx and take proof to back it.

i've noticed a lot of retail stores will calibrate the more expensive sets to make it look that much better than the cheaper ones so they can sell the more expensive ones and make a higher profit. You might want to check their settings and what they are using as a demo (hdmi, dvi, component, dvd, bluray, etc)

I finally saw one with my own eyes last night! It was at a Conn's and it wasn't spectacular to my eyes as it sat next to samsungs, sony's and other LCD's in the same size range. It did look better a bit further away though. It was being sold for 999.99. Does anyone know if Conn's will drop that? Is there haggling room with these guys?

Although I wasn't impressed /blown-away by it upon first glance, I have read too many great things to not pick one up and give it a real go.

It can be hard to tell in the stores sometimes, as you don't know how they have them set, or what the source quality is... or the same for all, etc.

That price sounds really good. Some have gotten them for less, but I can't find a deal like that currently. Lowest prices I can find seem to be $1099 (plus lots fo tax and shipping). If you can just go pick it up, at least you save shipping, so would be even less than the current on-line prices. I called them, but they will only ship to their sales areas... or I'd probably have placed an order.

I've seen one in person, but I'd love to get it side-by-side with some other units. Cool.

[Retaliation];1030489335 said:
i just layed a large blanket in the back of my Blazer...layed it down flat...its actually not that big of a deal...its doesnt weigh much....there were alot of ppl there with 19-21" crt's...and those aint light...i goto one lan a year...so its not like ill do this much

Wow I would still be scared to do it. I haven't been to a LAN yet but they sound fun.

So, is it official that they are discontinuing the 37" model? If so, they are pretty much getting rid of the best size dual-use monitor for people with limited space..

32" is 720p, too low resolution for my taste for PC use (especially since I will be going from 1920x1200 CRT), and a little too small for watching from a distance on my couch.

42" is good for TV viewing from my couch, but is just too damn big to be used for a PC monitor with my setup. Wall mounting would be a nice solution, but I live in an apartment where they do not allow them.

I was planning on getting a 37" Westy this summer when I had some extra cash, but that won't happen if they no longer exist. :eek: :eek: :eek:

You may want to check the threads on the "discontinuing" of the 37" Westys. They are NOT being discontinued. If they were, they would appear under the "Archived" section on the Westinghouse website, and they don't. When new models are introduced this spring, then probably W will *start* thinking about discontinuing current models... but even then support won't cease, and these monitors will still be found somewhere. I don't have a worry, personally. A company doesn't "discontinue" such a hugely popular product just like that.

ETA: 1/19/2007 - From newegg... it once said 1/15/2007. I don't know.. sounds like they are very hard to get right now? I don't know how popular this monitor is in comparison to the rest of their line. Anyways does anyone have a confirmation from Westinghouse this monitor will be discontinued?

Just pulled the trigger ! w00t

buydig.com 1199.00 + 3 year ext warranty in house thru Mack, and plus Monstor DVI ( yea..a little expensive..but got it for $69 which is half what BB sells it for ) TOTAL PRICE Including 3 year warranty and Monstor cable = $1397! No tax and shipping was free. Buydig is in NJ, and I am FL, so the east coast thing makes sense as well for me. More than I originally wanted to spend, but the super low prices are gone since demand > supply. And this still less than hthan the Dell if I got the ext warranty.

Yes, these are apparently selling like hotcakes.

I was going to use a different site, but waited to call and actually speak to someone. Sure enough, checked that site this am first, and "on order..be in soon!" Same with newegg, my first choice. I didn't really want to wait a lot longer, as well, as was posted, they are going to discontinue these, if not now, very soon. And my fear is that there will not be anything this size that will be so nice for a PC display again. Also, had the money, didn't want to spend it before I found the right site :p

I have really struggled with deciding between this Westy 37" and the Dell 30". A few weeks of churning this over in my head. In the end, the additional functionality of the Westy...TV input, xbox360, etc..plus the fact that res doesn't make the display quite as fine, which in my case is a good thing, is a major plus. Yes a delicious tight res is sweet to look at, but at the end of the day, it takes more horsepower to really run.

buydig.com 1199.00 + 3 year ext warranty in house thru Mack, and plus Monstor DVI ( yea..a little expensive..but got it for $69 which is half what BB sells it for ) TOTAL PRICE Including 3 year warranty and Monstor cable = $1397! No tax and shipping was free. Buydig is in NJ, and I am FL, so the east coast thing makes sense as well for me. More than I originally wanted to spend, but the super low prices are gone since demand > supply. And this still less than hthan the Dell if I got the ext warranty.

I was going to use a different site, but waited to call and actually speak to someone. Sure enough, checked that site this am first, and "on order..be in soon!" Same with newegg, my first choice. I didn't really want to wait a lot longer, as well, as was posted, they are going to discontinue these, if not now, very soon. And my fear is that there will not be anything this size that will be so nice for a PC display again. Also, had the money, didn't want to spend it before I found the right site :p

I have really struggled with deciding between this Westy 37" and the Dell 30". A few weeks of churning this over in my head. In the end, the additional functionality of the Westy...TV input, xbox360, etc..plus the fact that res doesn't make the display quite as fine, which in my case is a good thing, is a major plus. Yes a delicious tight res is sweet to look at, but at the end of the day, it takes more horsepower to really run.

u r gonna love the Westy!

Keep me posted about your experience with buydig.com... I was also thinking about pulling the trigger in the next couple of days. I just wish we could get a confirmation if this monitor is going to be discontinued or is just out of stock due to the manufacturer supply issues. Thanks

We should rename this thread to "The official I can NOT get my Westinghose LVM-37W3 today".
Ive spent almost the whole day calling all the online retailers trying to order one of these things but NO ONE has any in stock. Im 2 3rd's of the way through pulling all my hair out. :( Anyone here had any luck finding some in stock?

I guess I lucked out majorly when I ordered mine from Crutchfield... even though I'll admit I am a little worried now. To everyone they say they have none in stock and haven't for months... on their website it showed "in stock" for a few mins, which is when I got it... I wonder what the heck is going to be in that box. A returned unit? Open-box? They would have said, for sure... they're super reputable... but still, I'm a little worried. Guess I'll find out soon.

Well mate i hope its all cool, congrats on scoring that 2 second deal lol, im going nuts trying to find one here.

For you guys still looking around:

http://www.xpcgear.com/lvm37w3.html

Very good price. Doesn't say its In-Stock, but doesn't say out of stock or back ordered either. Just says ships in 3-4 days. Someone should call them and see if they have them on hand, ready to ship.

Hah, i just found somewhere with 13 units - HypeAudio.Net. Price = $1399 including FedEx 2 day delivery. Im tempted but thats $200 more than most other places. I guess theyre aware of the shortage and ready to make some extra $$ from those desperate buyers.
I just called Xpc a few minutes ago, they are expecting some next Friday.

http://www.excaliberpc.com/Westinghouse_LVM-37w3_1080p_LCD/LVM-37W3/partinfo-id-570004.html

$1,199. Says they have one in stock. Someone snatch it! I'd trust it to. Excalibur is a good seller. 9.98 on RR :)

EDIT: Butterfly Photo also has it for $1,199. It says it is in stock and shipping. They seem to be a little low on RR, but many people have done well by them. Maybe worth the risk? Either way, you could give them a call and see if they are actually in stock.

http://www.butterflyphoto.com/shop/product.aspx!!!!!!!Froogle&sku=LVM37W3

LOL! dammit, Excaliber sold it, guy said theres a 4 hour lag between real time stock availability and website availability.
Butterfly has 'em, said theres plenty available, $1199 - cheapest shipping option is $99 for 7-10 days. I might just have to snag it, seems like prices are gonna stay up here then. I called Conns and they have 'em for $999 but they dont ship, i live in PA so im sol on that 1..........if only i could find an honest helpful Hardforum member with a Conns near to him/her to help me :rolleyes:

Yeah, I wouldn't get the $1399 one, especially since you can snatch the 42" for $1359 including S&H from Techonweb, a very good vendor (or for $1499 at Crutchfield).

Follow up

Well, see my post a few above..ordered from buydig.com. Spoke to Neal. Easy person to speak with, no upsells, and at that time this AM, they had 2 in stock. I expalined that I was concerned about being told in stock, only to find it's bs later, after they take my money. He swore gentlemen's oath he wouldn't sell it it they weren't avail. LOL..a salemen and a oath? rofl. I pd 1199 + 129 for 3 ext warr ( repair on site in my house! ) + 69 for Monster 6' dvi cable = 1379.00 total. no tax, no shipping! even tho nthe site showed shipping, I believe the sales guy just straight up hooked me up! Neal, ask for him!

Guess what, they already shipped too! Got the tracking number just a few minutes ago.

SO far, if this continues to go this smoothly, buydig has a new customer, and I will tell the world.

so...new westy inc! and new Maingear Ff131 inc! d00ds! I am way stoked! rar!

You may want to check the threads on the "discontinuing" of the 37" Westys. They are NOT being discontinued. If they were, they would appear under the "Archived" section on the Westinghouse website, and they don't. When new models are introduced this spring, then probably W will *start* thinking about discontinuing current models... but even then support won't cease, and these monitors will still be found somewhere. I don't have a worry, personally. A company doesn't "discontinue" such a hugely popular product just like that.

I'd like to believe this... but I think the logic is a bit faulty. Do you have some other reason why they are not being discontinued? The site doesn't have the new models that have already been released, so they are probably just behind in updating it. The new model line announcements list nothing below 42". So, either this model will just continue unchanged, or its going away. The lack of stock everywhere does seem a bit odd.

And, the idea that a company won't discontinue a hugely popular product..... I've seen it done before. The marketing dept. might just be out of touch with the market, or making wrong speculations about the future. If you read most of the press, the obvious conclusion would seem to be that people want the biggest display they can get. Unless Westy realized that many have been using these on their desks, dropping it in favor of focusing on bigger ones makes sense. The one poster who was at the show said they were surprised people were using the 37" on computers.

But... I certainly hope you are correct. It would suck if it was discontinued. I e-mailed Westinghouse, but haven't heard anything yet.

p3150034bn4.jpg

Got her today, zero dead pixels. ( i looked for a good 5min lol). its quite a difference coming from a CRT tho. (first LCD iv owned) gotta get use to it.

Got her today, zero dead pixels. ( i looked for a good 5min lol). its quite a difference coming from a CRT tho. (first LCD iv owned) gotta get use to it.

You will get used to it. I have had mine since Black Friday and it feels "normal" to me. I don't even notice its size anymore.

newegg has it in stock as of now. grab one while you can. i would but my account is short of 300 :(

hey buddy thanks so much for your tip. i had signed up to be alerted when it was back in stock at the egg but im at work and cant check my home email from here.

got it for $1379 with a 3 yr warranty and shipping.

i had worked out a deal with a member here onetouch40 or something but the guy has disappeared 2 times on me so far and i was getting a little nervous buying it from him if I was having problems contacting him now. i agreed to purchase his monitor over 2 weeks ago but havent been able to get in touch as i stated.

anyways, went with the egg and got the extended warranty so i can have some extra piece of mind. ill post pics when i get it set up. :) :) :) :) :)

Back